Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2014, 06:02 PM   #16661

Fleetwood Owners Club
Owning a Moho and ones packing style evolves. Today wife and I packed for a four day trip to see grandkids and friends in Santa Clarita Ca. We are living in the Moho in northern Ca. as our new to us house is renovated so we decided to hotel this trip.
One knows they have mutated when you pack using one Ikea blue bag and a Costco bag. Whole new meaning when they ask if we need help with our bags.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2014, 06:27 PM   #16662

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan24601 View Post
Owning a Moho and ones packing style evolves. Today wife and I packed for a four day trip to see grandkids and friends in Santa Clarita Ca. We are living in the Moho in northern Ca. as our new to us house is renovated so we decided to hotel this trip.
One knows they have mutated when you pack using one Ikea blue bag and a Costco bag. Whole new meaning when they ask if we need help with our bags.
Wow 21! Haven't seen a post from you in awhile!

MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:28 PM   #16663

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
If you're so inclined - stop by the thread Sarah started for Mike. I know many have expressed our feelings for Dunner here and on our Yahoo group email. But the stand alone thread is a nice place to pay last respects. Easy for any friends or family to see. Just a thought.
Steve.
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:38 PM   #16664
RV Mutant #29

Now you know

To smell like your favourite thing.....

Shop. here.

AND
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	64226  
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:22 PM   #16665

RVM 10 here. Have not visited for a long time. Been busy cutting up trees that came down due to wind and very heavy snow. Two more to go. Have to pull these down because they died. Had to buy (just had to) a new chain saw. This manual labor is really hard on an old guy!

Also, had to change out all four tire rims. Found ones made in USA. Now I have axles that will support 12,000; tires that will support 15,000 and rims that will support 14,000. Darn old Chinese one bent and could not balance a tire so decided to change out all four. Fully loaded 5er has 11,200 on the tires so should be good to go.

Next project is to build storage drawers under the futon we purchased to replace the hide-a-sleeper sofa (a POS).

While we where at Tonopah, AZ, I built a slide-out platform for the basement storage. I'm very proud of how that came out.

We are taking our 8yo Granddaughter to Oregon in June. She has never seen the Pacific Ocean. I want a worry free trip for her.
Old 05-30-2014, 08:26 PM   #16666
RV Mutant #29

Welcome back! Good times in the works by the sound of it. Don't be a stranger!
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:45 PM   #16667

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey stranger - I thought I heard the old mutant claw hammer refrain calling.... Good to hear from ya!

Name:   image-1414700634.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  69.7 KB
Old 05-30-2014, 08:52 PM   #16668

Just for fun....

Litmus syrup:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1401500519.762495.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	486.0 KB
ID:	64238
While the violets were blooming profusely, I made an infusion by stuffing a pint jar full of blossoms and pouring boiling water over them. This was the resulting liquid.

Adding a little lemon juice gave me this: Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1401500694.405571.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	555.9 KB
ID:	64239
And a little more as I boiled it with sugar to syrup stage: Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1401500790.996318.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	64241 gave me this: Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1401500883.588517.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	785.8 KB
ID:	64242

Actually I took it too far, because it lost most of its violet flavor. :( Still, it's good added into tonic water with ice. A very pretty refresher.

Ain't science wunnaful? Base + acid.
Cheers!
Old 05-30-2014, 08:53 PM   #16669
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan24601 View Post
I know what you mean Alan, I don't own any suitcases anymore. When I checked into the hospital for surgery my stuff was in a Costco bag. At least it had handles. I was afraid it might have come down to a trash bag until I remembered where I put the Costco bag. Stylish for sure!
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:56 PM   #16670

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
If you're so inclined - stop by the thread Sarah started for Mike. I know many have expressed our feelings for Dunner here and on our Yahoo group email. But the stand alone thread is a nice place to pay last respects. Easy for any friends or family to see. Just a thought.
Steve.

Thank you, Sarah, for setting that up. And thanks to Steve for 'lerting us here.
Old 05-30-2014, 08:59 PM   #16671

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
So at the moment - we are looking hard at '14 Ford Edge SEL with the 6 and leather. No adaptive cruise, navigation, or panoramic roof. The dealer actually drove it to my driveway for us to test drive. I will say this - for a small 6 it really scoots. Made the Equinox 4 cylinder seem slow. But in reality that was not a bad 4 and I bet the 6 will get up and go. We just like the Edge a tad more. No accounting for taste.... LOL.
Steve and Annie
RVM2
The Edge is probably a little better riding, handles better, and over all a slight cut above the equinox. Many may disagree, but its just the way the cars are designed to fill a certain niche. I'm sure you'll be happy with either one, but you'll enjoy the extra luxury of the Edge.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:00 PM   #16672

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz
Just for fun....

Litmus syrup:

While the violets were blooming profusely, I made an infusion by stuffing a pint jar full of blossoms and pouring boiling water over them. This was the resulting liquid.

Adding a little lemon juice gave me this:
And a little more as I boiled it with sugar to syrup stage: gave me this:

Actually I took it too far, because it lost most of its violet flavor. :( Still, it's good added into tonic water with ice. A very pretty refresher.

Ain't science wunnaful? Base + acid.
Cheers!
Sue - I'm going to remember this - perhaps need a RVM Science Fair Certificate of Achievement. I know most mutants never saw one of our Fancy and Highly Coveted Certificates. Any of our past winners have a picture of their certificate? Or a picture of them receiving theirs from RVM1 @ the GC?
Old 05-30-2014, 09:02 PM   #16673
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Are you sure it's finger slides, not "on the sauce?"

Marshmallow fluff stuff.......
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:13 PM   #16674

Fleetwood Owners Club
Tim, I understand. When no one else will talk to you, you don't have to stand in front of the mirror and talk you can just send yourself an email. Yep! I'll bet it works well. (Sarah?)

[/QUOTE]

Hey Wayne! Was just reading a e-mail about you, oh never mind! Lol

Heard on TV today the name of that swim apparel that was featured hear many months ago, you know the one, the group of men wearing the black Top Hats and the black " Mankinie" !

Would post more but on limited hot spot plan!

« Endless Tale Game | - »