Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2014, 06:54 PM   #16885

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Come full circle 'round: Sky_Boss and Suspinz held both the first and the latest Mini-Curiosity. Is there a certificate for that?

With spouses at Kamakura: Attachment 64523
The teppan table: Attachment 64524

So: pictures and it did happen!

Cheerio!
Sue
PS: Now I've confused myself. Did we meet Tina (timarti) ... before or after that. Lost in the mists of time!
LOL, it was last August in Goshen when we were at the Forest River Rally and you were at Thor. Hoping to get south to Florida at least once. We are booked for the first week of November in Ft. Myers and I am hoping for February or March. When do you head down to Naples?
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2014, 07:08 PM   #16886

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
.... By that time I was too tuckered out from another marathon weed pulling session ....

What's with the weed thing? Let me think about this ... what would Foghorn Leghorn do? Ah yes ... reclassify the weeds as flowers! Thistle flowers. Ragweed flowers. Dandelion flowers. Problem solved. Back to nap.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:11 PM   #16887

Quote:
Come full circle 'round: Sky_Boss and Suspinz held both the first and the latest Mini-Curiosity. Is there a certificate for that?

With spouses at Kamakura: Attachment 64523
The teppan table: Attachment 64524

So: pictures and it did happen!

Cheerio!
Sue
PS: Now I've confused myself. Did we meet Tina (timarti) ... before or after that. Lost in the mists of time!

OMG so much food.... That would feed Barb and me for a week.... Lol.... Larry would be so tired of my leftovers.... GBP posts are we....... But it loojs yummy......

On the waterwatching....
Not in RV, but fav spot is the levee in New Orleans, turn one way watch ships, turn the other way watch people.... Then go get a late' and then to the docks for shrimp off the boats
In Rv, Newport,Oregon...... Pacific Shores RV Resort, right beside the Yaquina Head Lighthouse... Photos are in laptop.
In RV Camp Gulf, Miramar Beach, Florida. Only place in Florida you can park your Rv right on the beach.. Photos in laptop...

Diane is the original SFM........... (Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:40 PM   #16888

Great pictures Dave and Nola.

7 on the shoreline or on the beach RV sites recommendations so far. Keep 'em coming.

Japanese restaurants are fun. 5 grandkids loved the one at Disney World. The chef was impressed that they ate all of their veggies. They all love veggies.

We're having fun this week spoiling our 7 year old (as of this Thursday) grandson this week at the CG. Austin and I share the same birthday.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:41 PM   #16889

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Thank you, Judy! That will still be floating around my brain come evening. Endless loop. At least now I have the words to put to it!

BTW, how's that boy with the three-piece collarbone?

Cheerio!

Sue

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
Well my son had the repairs done last Thursday. When he was awake, the doctor was gone already so he didn't get any feedback from Dr. on how it went. But he says he aches inside, and the skin surface is numb. He goes in for check after 2 weeks. I never have heard of such lack of bedside manners. My son didn't seem too upset, but I would be calling the dr for a consult about what exactly was done and what they found. Guess I am just an old fuddy duddy. Hmmmm. more to ponder. what is this world coming to?
Old 06-03-2014, 07:43 PM   #16890

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Happy Birthday Papaw Steve.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:08 PM   #16891

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Barb, I would love to sit along a major river and watch the world pass by. Can't think of too many things that would be more relaxing. Seeing each ship pass by, brings to mind thoughts of where they've been and where they're going.

Anyone else have a favorite shoreline resting place? Would love to camp weeks at a time next to a beautiful waterway that has lots of traffic to watch. Give me your best locations.

One of our's was camping on the Homer Spit up in Alaska. Windshield full of water views. Water about 150' away.

Someone should write a book. "The 100 best waterside RV lots in America"
Either side of the St Mary's River between Michigan and Ontario at the twin Saults. (pronunced Sooz) sitting in Clerg Park on the Canadian side or even better at the Aune Osborne Park. A guy could play catch with someone on the 1000 footers passing by headed in both directions, if he could find someone on deck to play catch with. This link https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=st+mar...bp=12,135,,0,0 gets you a view of the Sugar Island Ferry dock and panning left or right shows a few hundred boat watching spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I have a special set of thing-a-ma-jig jigs. I crank out thing-a-ma-jigs much more quickly now.
When I was a kid I got a whole set of thing-a-ma jigs and a metric set of thing-a-ma-bobs and my mother then switched to whose-a-fliffies. A guy can never win. Denise now demands whatch-a0call-its.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
Happy Birthday Papaw Steve.
Happy Happy Hatch day fer sure.

Barb, the tree thing for Mike, have you planned a place to plant it? Also will you accept contributions in August?
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:10 PM   #16892

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
LOL, it was last August in Goshen when we were at the Forest River Rally and you were at Thor. Hoping to get south to Florida at least once. We are booked for the first week of November in Ft. Myers and I am hoping for February or March. When do you head down to Naples?

Aha! I remember that! No pics, though, so maybe it never happened? A figment of our collective imagination, then?

So when did we meet Don and Sandee? I remember talking at the time about how this was the first Curiosity. And how did this get so important (to me) all of a sudden? My brain is tired.

As for Naples, we'll head thataway in early- to mid-December and will be there, probably, until early April. I do hope you can make it this year. We can play with fuzz and spin-things!

Cheerio!
Sue

Old 06-03-2014, 08:14 PM   #16893

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
Well my son had the repairs done last Thursday. When he was awake, the doctor was gone already so he didn't get any feedback from Dr. on how it went. But he says he aches inside, and the skin surface is numb. He goes in for check after 2 weeks. I never have heard of such lack of bedside manners. My son didn't seem too upset, but I would be calling the dr for a consult about what exactly was done and what they found. Guess I am just an old fuddy duddy. Hmmmm. more to ponder. what is this world coming to?

I so agree.... This is not acceptable. Did the dr talk to anyone? Have him call.....
Judy, my son is a surgeon, i know he does not treat his patients like this, and I know he even calls them at home....
When I had my surgery last month the Dr talked to Larry and again to me....

Diane is the original SFM........... (Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Old 06-03-2014, 08:35 PM   #16894

Vintage RV Owners Club
Diane...it just sounds so wrong somehow to say sliding finger mutant.......I think finger sliding mutant is more apropos.... But it's your own unique title to do with as you will....:-D
Old 06-03-2014, 08:52 PM   #16895
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Me this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	64542  
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:55 PM   #16896

Fleetwood Owners Club
[QUOTE=Papawto5;2079937]
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
my thighs and buttocks screamed at me all day yesterday.

My DW complains when my buttocks whisper even the least bit. Seems that the whispers are the most annoying.
ROFL
Old 06-03-2014, 09:07 PM   #16897

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Diane...it just sounds so wrong somehow to say sliding finger mutant.......I think finger sliding mutant is more apropos.... But it's your own unique title to with as you will....:-D

LOL.... Marty, you are right... Larry coined it on a private email with Wayne... Wayne of course loved it. I am so sweet, i didnt even think anything.....

Officially changed? Yep..... Sometimes I am a DUH...... lol.... Thank you Marty....

Diane is the original FSM........... ( Finger Sliding Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Old 06-03-2014, 09:12 PM   #16898

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Aha! I remember that! No pics, though, so maybe it never happened? A figment of our collective imagination, then?

So when did we meet Don and Sandee? I remember talking at the time about how this was the first Curiosity. And how did this get so important (to me) all of a sudden? My brain is tired.

As for Naples, we'll head thataway in early- to mid-December and will be there, probably, until early April. I do hope you can make it this year. We can play with fuzz and spin-things!

Sue, we may have a claim on that first mini-c and with Don and Sandee also! Or meeting in Cape Geraldo, Mo. and Ginny and Jim was there also. Couldn't get that Plano Texan (Steve) to come, he was too busy, he was working!