Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2014, 09:46 PM   #16913
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Do what? I couldnt find any kind of connection..... What were you doing last night That made you think of me? Lol.....

I got caught up in TV..... TCM had the beatles "A hards days night" Then one with Hermans Hermits, Dave Clark 5..... My high school years.....

Diane is the original SFM........... (Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diane, you are supposed to read all the words, not just the ones you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Nevermind.... I just had to read word by word to find it......
See how much time you wasted by not reading all the words the first time. How would you feel if your students only ready what they......oh never mind....glad you found it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Glad you're mended!

Can hardly wait to that QTPi (I forgot how to get the Greek)!

Cheerio!
Sue
Oh, PS: Does that mean you'd have been nice to Wayne, too?
Plain and simple, YES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
[...]Wayne those Poppers ( no not the drug kind) sound delicious. Guess whose coming to dinner and it ain't Sydney Portia?
Let's see now, you did mean "Sidney Poitier," right?

[QUOTE=Papawto5;2079937]
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
my thighs and buttocks screamed at me all day yesterday.

My DW complains when my buttocks whisper even the least bit. Seems that the whispers are the most annoying.
X2 ROFLMBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Ohhhhh and don't tell Wayne unless you want a visit cause he and Earlene are less than 30 min. away. Lol (love ya buddy)
Only 20 minutes. There you go, trying to stretch things. It is only longer if curbs are involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Do riverboat views count? We get our "fix" at Tom Sawyers RV Park, West Memphis, and a Corps park west of Montgomery, AL (I think it is called Gunter Hill). There are others along the Tombigbee Waterway.
Tom Sayers RV Park, West Memphis - been there done that. Nice place for a few days and touring around.

Quote:
Oh, yeah! Providence, RI, too.
Newport, RI, plus they have all those mansions you can tour around in.

Quote:
Come full circle 'round: Sky_Boss and Suspinz held both the first and the latest Mini-Curiosity. Is there a certificate for that?

With spouses at Kamakura: Attachment 64523
The teppan table: Attachment 64524
[...]
Practice saying this, "Teppanyaki, Teppanyaki, Teppanyaki, Teppanyaki." Sheesh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Barb - no mutant knows better than you what tomorrow is for. It's for doing what the rainbow didn't let ya get to yesterday - or is that today....

You have made a life for yourself that affords you a new adventure every day and the freedom to adjust, adapt, and mutate. and a hearty tip 'o the hat!

Steve and Annie
Today is the tomorrow you should have done yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Diane...it just sounds so wrong somehow to say sliding finger mutant.......I think finger sliding mutant is more apropos.... But it's your own unique title to do with as you will....:-D
Hey! They're her fingers!! She can SFM or FSM any way she wants.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2014, 10:15 PM   #16914

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Okay Wayne never said I could spell Pot e a and 30 min for me 20 for you cause you take short cuts over curbs. LOL

Hey Tim we are still in Ft Worth. Heading to Campers Inn in Panama City Beach July 6-13 then turn around and head to San Diego. Gotta be there by July 26. Not looking forward to that part of the trip. Start the West coast loop Aug 3rd up toward Barb's country then on to Yellowstone and back home sometime late September or whenever we get here.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:22 PM   #16915

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
What's with the weed thing? Let me think about this ... what would Foghorn Leghorn do? Ah yes ... reclassify the weeds as flowers! Thistle flowers. Ragweed flowers. Dandelion flowers. Problem solved. Back to nap.
I started pulling weeds about 8 years ago. I liked the fact that you can see progress piling up so quickly in a plastic bag. It wasn't until after I retired and no longer had a yard to tend that I found out the real reason weeding is easy for me.

I have spinal stenosis, a narrowing of the spinal canal by a build up of bone. Bending over decreases the pressure on my back. So it feels good to be in that position.

My last job before retiring was as a monkey nanny, personal assistant and house manager for a very busy female executive in the Oklahoma City area. The monkey was our company mascot and the boss lady's only child.

I convinced her to let me take over the care of her suburban acre of lawn and let me spend the lawn service $ on someone to help me do the heavy stuff, but I mowed with a riding mower and planted and cared for the flower beds myself.

I got in the habit of taking a trash bag out with me every morning when I went out to get the newspaper. Once the flower beds were weed free, I started weeding her half acre front lawn.

I found that I missed the dirt therapy once I went full time. So I started weeding and planting flower beds at my daughter's house in Seattle and at the friend's house here along the Columbia River.

Unfortunately, the long winter and my knee replacement surgery in Feb has me out of shape. My thigh and gluteus Maximus muscles need to get re-toned, but I'm only here until Friday and my bad knees were not conducive to me doing a good job last Fall. So I'm playing ketchup in the weed department. I only have 2 smaller beds left to do.

And dandelions are my most hated weeds. I've found that they grow everywhere and there are many different types of dandelion plants, but they all have the same yellow flowers and make those horrid puff balls that scatter the seeds far and wide.

Now if that's not more than you ever wanted to know, you are crazier than I am.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:34 PM   #16916

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Barb, the tree thing for Mike, have you planned a place to plant it? Also will you accept contributions in August?
Dennis,

I ordered 2 of the same tree. I'm planting one here on the river and the other at my daughter's place in Seattle because this is where I can best care for them.

I'd suggest that you plant a small Mike tree on your place, 'cause I have this end covered. This world cannot have too many trees just like a person can't have too many friends like Mike.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-03-2014, 10:41 PM   #16917

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Happy Birthday Papa Steve!

Barb, talked to a man having trouble with his dog in the kayak with him! Told him about the Lady at the Rally that kayaked with both a dog in her lap and a monkey on her back, and unlike him, you never got wet! I can still see you paddling down the river behind the campers!
Tim, that was a most important yak session. It was the first time Sena joined us and my new knees first journey as well. I'll never forget how still the water was. And I didn't get wet!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-03-2014, 10:43 PM   #16918

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Annie and I are beat. We are no longer without toad. We are now the proud owners or a 2014 Honda CR-V EXL with Navigation. It's a Polished Metal Metallic with a little pinstripe and grey leather. We are very happy.

We went back forth on what - but in the end the Honda won us over. We didn't get many pics cause it was getting late - but I did catch the salesman putting the temp plate on.
Attachment 64302
And a open door shot...
Attachment 64303

She'll look nice behind Bonita Bounder!

Love it!!
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:45 PM   #16919

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
. BTW, my phone just told me we are in a tornado watch until 1 am. Via the Red Cross!!
I don't miss tornado alley in the Spring. Any technology that will help keep you informed is marvelous. I'm gonna check to see if it works on the iPad and will report back.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-03-2014, 10:46 PM   #16920

Vintage RV Owners Club
What was the name of the hibiscus Dunner had? I kind of want one like that....
Old 06-03-2014, 10:46 PM   #16921

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I started pulling weeds about 8 years ago. I liked the fact that you can see progress piling up so quickly in a plastic bag. It wasn't until after I retired and no longer had a yard to tend that I found out the real reason weeding is easy for me.

I have spinal stenosis, a narrowing of the spinal canal by a build up of bone. Bending over decreases the pressure on my back. So it feels good to be in that position.

My last job before retiring was as a monkey nanny, personal assistant and house manager for a very busy female executive in the Oklahoma City area. The monkey was our company mascot and the boss lady's only child.

I convinced her to let me take over the care of her suburban acre of lawn and let me spend the lawn service $ on someone to help me do the heavy stuff, but I mowed with a riding mower and planted and cared for the flower beds myself.

I got in the habit of taking a trash bag out with me every morning when I went out to get the newspaper. Once the flower beds were weed free, I started weeding her half acre front lawn.

I found that I missed the dirt therapy once I went full time. So I started weeding and planting flower beds at my daughter's house in Seattle and at the friend's house here along the Columbia River.

Unfortunately, the long winter and my knee replacement surgery in Feb has me out of shape. My thigh and gluteus Maximus muscles need to get re-toned, but I'm only here until Friday and my bad knees were not conducive to me doing a good job last Fall. So I'm playing ketchup in the weed department. I only have 2 smaller beds left to do.

And dandelions are my most hated weeds. I've found that they grow everywhere and there are many different types of dandelion plants, but they all have the same yellow flowers and make those horrid puff balls that scatter the seeds far and wide.

Now if that's not more than you ever wanted to know, you are crazier than I am.
WOW your amazing Barb! I need knee replaced and so I am really slow at pulling weeds. Luckily I have my nephew that is helping here.

Colleen
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:48 PM   #16922

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
I don't miss tornado alley in the Spring. Any technology that will help keep you informed is marvelous. I'm gonna check to see if it works on the iPad and will report back.
They have an app for Earthquakes, hurricanes, floods, and wildfires too...ooh, and first aid....
Old 06-03-2014, 11:00 PM   #16923

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Barb, Denise and I decided that the Garry Oak we have raised from a seed will be transplanted into our back .40 in Mike's Honour. The Gary Oak is revered here on Vancouver Island and is gnarlier than a Gnarly Oak. Anyone else think this selection apropos?

Too dark to take pictures right now but I will do and post tomorrow.
Attached Images

Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:02 PM   #16924

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
As promised, or is that as threatened? I found free apps by the American Red Cross that will alert iPhone and iPad users about tornados, hurricanes, earthquakes, wild fires and floods. There are also free apps for first aid and locating emergency shelters. Each is a separate app and the tornado app requires running IOS 7, which I so far have been resistant to do. I assume the other apps require it as well.

To bad 1 app can't handle all. That's a lot of downloads.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-03-2014, 11:06 PM   #16925

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
What was the name of the hibiscus Dunner had? I kind of want one like that....
He called it a "Road Runner", but it's actually a RUM RUNNER hibiscus. The road runner cartoon is painted on the side of his sand rail. I didn't have the heart to correct him.

I found several online nurseries that sold rum runners.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-03-2014, 11:08 PM   #16926

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Barb, Denise and I decided that the Gary Oak we have raised from a seed will be transplanted into our back .40 in Mike's Honour. The Gary Oak is revered here on Vancouver Island and is gnarlier than a Gnarly Oak. Anyone else think this selection apropos?

Too dark to take pictures right now but I will do and post tomorrow.
Good choice, Dennis. Mike will enjoy watching it grow.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]