Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2014, 07:45 PM   #17333

This coming winter? Guess it is not too early to plan. First, gotta peek at the Farmer's Almanac to see where the best weather pattern will be. Then count the bands on wooly worms to determine just how cold it will be. Find an area of likely safe squatting. Next locate the house of someone in that area who is going to be gone all winter and sneak into their driveway after they leave. Put out chicken wire fence in the yard to keep rabbits out of survival garden. Inform neighbors of my security service dogs for hire. They pay for food and keep dogs in their houses.

Initial search thus far is pointing to Plano, TX as a possible squatting site.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2014, 08:05 PM   #17334

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover
This coming winter? Guess it is not too early to plan. First, gotta peek at the Farmer's Almanac to see where the best weather pattern will be. Then count the bands on wooly worms to determine just how cold it will be. Find an area of likely safe squatting. Next locate the house of someone in that area who is going to be gone all winter and sneak into their driveway after they leave. Put out chicken wire fence in the yard to keep rabbits out of survival garden. Inform neighbors of my security service dogs for hire. They pay for food and keep dogs in their houses.

Initial search thus far is pointing to Plano, TX as a possible squatting site.
Just come on down now and follow us down to Texas City. While Wayne is out and about this summer - we can move into his yard with Bonita and the Moonrover. Figure it will take em till spring to get rid of us.... we'll have squatters rights.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:11 PM   #17335

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well Dave - to seriously answer the question of where we will winter. We still don't know. We think RGV is practical - but having a hard time with that decision. So honestly - still working on that but do need to resolve it soon. you will be among the first to know!

Stand by!
RVM2
Old 06-10-2014, 08:24 PM   #17336

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Steve you and Annie can join us in Terlingua. We are heading there right after Christmas and will be there Jan. and Feb. and we may consider Mar. As well.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:34 PM   #17337

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb
Steve you and Annie can join us in Terlingua. We are heading there right after Christmas and will be there Jan. and Feb. and we may consider Mar. As well.
Thanks Herb! But.... I don't think Viva Terlingua is far enough south for us... You were brave enough to winter here in DFW and I would never do that! LOL. It would be hats to stop there - when warmer sunshine is a few 100 miles further south. But if Jerry Jeff Walker shows up - give me a call!
Old 06-10-2014, 08:42 PM   #17338

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Thanks Herb! But.... I don't think Viva Terlingua is far enough south for us... You were brave enough to winter here in DFW and I would never do that! LOL. It would be hats to stop there - when warmer sunshine is a few 100 miles further south. But if Jerry Jeff Walker shows up - give me a call!

After the crazy winter we had here BBNP ought to be a snap. That being said we will probably make some trips to Corpus during that time as well. We have friends there as well. Hey here is a thought we can both hang out in Texas City too. I know where Wayne lives. Lol he has a great shade tree in the back too!
Old 06-10-2014, 08:50 PM   #17339

Quote:
Just come on down now and follow us down to Texas City. While Wayne is out and about this summer - we can move into his yard with Bonita and the Moonrover. Figure it will take em till spring to get rid of us.... we'll have squatters rights.

All I need now is a set of GPS coordinates. We have extra long sewer hoses to reach though his bathroom window. Bet he has a keen BBQ grill out on the back porch. I'll drag along a few bags of charcoal and dried cow patties as fire starter.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:50 PM   #17340

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb

After the crazy winter we had here BBNP ought to be a snap. That being said we will probably make some trips to Corpus during that time as well. We have friends there as well. Hey here is a thought we can both hang out in Texas City too. I know where Wayne lives. Lol he has a great shade tree in the back too!
We have some friends that wintered in Corpus last year - and the strange winter had them hunkered down in the 5er far too much. I would love to give Rockport or Port Aransas a winter chance but can't see going full time and having a lousy winter at my own doing. Sure I can't control the weather - or go to Central America - but I can do as much as I can to be warm... And comfortable.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:01 PM   #17341

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover

All I need now is a set of GPS coordinates. We have extra long sewer hoses to reach though his bathroom window. Bet he has a keen BBQ grill out on the back porch. I'll drag along a few bags of charcoal and dried cow patties as fire starter.
I'll get a macerator so we pump it uphill and into the bathroom window - - we can just put the business end of the hose in the tub.

Herb says there is a tree we can bleed goats from and dig a pit in the back yard. There is nothing like cooking a goat in the ground with a fire on top. We can probably do something similar with a shark or two we catch off the TC dike.

I'm looking forward to this....
Old 06-10-2014, 09:13 PM   #17342

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviaCub
RVM#9 checking in.

Been an unusual spring. No Rv-ing here.

1. Youngest brother lost his battle with cancer April 26th. I couldn't go to the funeral on May 2nd because hub's job was going away on May 30th. On May 3rd, we got a letter from Hub's employer that they were extending the date to August 31. Dang it... why didn't they send that the Wednesday before?

2. Garden Prep/planting/care. Because we were expecting a "lean" summer I prepped a larger garden and have been working to put everything in.

3. RV - still sits crossways of our driveway... in incomplete repair. I think I'll buy a cattle prod to help the hubs get motivated.

Anyway... I'm alive and well... mostly.
Hey stranger - thanks for checking in... We miss hearing from ya and ya know as a single digit mutant you have certain responsibilities and obligations to check in now and then... We miss ya and tell hubby to get that Cub ready and rolling.

More importantly - sorry to hear about baby bro. That's a tough one. Ya know your mutant family is here for ya with healing Ommmsss and energy of all shapes and sizes.

Take care and don't stay gone so long!
Steve and Annie
RVM2
Old 06-10-2014, 09:20 PM   #17343

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
K.
Where are all the RVMs going this winter, well those that winter away from the S&B, if they have them, or not?

We will go West and maybe do some Colorado, if we can, but surely do the Utah that we could not do last year due to the weird early cold snap last fall, that made us go down into AZ a bit early, know what I mean?

But....maybe not. Maybe so.

You?

Dave and Nola - RVM1
Dave... You want to go to Colorado in the winter? I thought snowbirds went to where it is warm in the winter, not cold and snowy....
Old 06-10-2014, 09:31 PM   #17344

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We sure had a warm comfortable time in AZ last year. Tucson was 70-80 almost everyday.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:39 PM   #17345

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1
We sure had a warm comfortable time in AZ last year. Tucson was 70-80 almost everyday.
Hey Dave - I know but was sort of working around the idea of heading up to Annie's mom and dads place ASAP in the spring. I can go from here to the RGV and to her parents house in fewer miles than from here to Tucson.

Just trying to get my head around the idea of what it means to be free. Hard to say - let's start off our adventure this way..... Hmmm
Old 06-10-2014, 09:42 PM   #17346
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Quote:
I'll get a macerator so we pump it uphill and into the bathroom window - - we can just put the business end of the hose in the tub.

Herb says there is a tree we can bleed goats from and dig a pit in the back yard. There is nothing like cooking a goat in the ground with a fire on top. We can probably do something similar with a shark or two we catch off the TC dike.

I'm looking forward to this....
As you turn the corner to get to my house, 4 houses down from the corner, be careful not to hit the police car parked out front a the corner house. Now, with my son and DIL staying at the house, be careful of the GSD when you enter the yard.

With that said, there is 50 amps out front at the driveway, but there is an 8 inch drop from where your back wheels will be and the front wheels. The driveway is 45 feet long, so you''ll have to be under that limit.

Run the sewer line out to the street please, but be aware it is against the law. However, there is a clean-out in the back alley and it is 120 feet from the front street to the back alley. It's against the law to sue it, also. Now there is a free dump site about 3 miles from me run by the city. It's right next to the shooting range, and they are my friends and I know what you drive.

Come On Down! Weather will be hot.

Now for Winter, me thinks we are also going to head to some warmer climes. Been thinking of Florida as we have not really explored much of it. I'm not ruling out the RGV though. As for corpus, just to darn windy. Been there 3 or 4 times and the wind was 45-52 mph at times. Had to bring the slide in on the windward side. Just to much wind.

I was not going to be on this forum/thread this evening but Earlene was reading it and mentioned some possible visitors while we were gone. I thought I might as well stay up another 20 minutes and see what she was talking about.

Glad I did. Where can I buy those road spikes?

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote