Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2014, 06:30 PM   #17403

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Yep, I think ours was the first Mutant Wedding. We had a wonderful day, and we wish the same for Steve and Annie. Congratulations!

Yep. In RVMdom you two were the 1st ever to get hitched! It was memorable (for those of us that can remember ). For that, we salute you two again, and also thank you for paying into Social Security for those of us that are retired deadbeats.

RVM2 (Steve and Annie) may be only 2nd for the hitching but they are a very likeable sort that also hires, trains and supervises the RVM temps, and keeps all of us Rainbow Riders wonderfully entertained.

We already have added words to the RVM lexicon for this, but now the question is, when RVMs get hitched, should there be a ceremonial Right Of Passage Edict Dictation - Into Nuptuals (ROPED-IN)?

You may call this a ponder.

And to RE-coin a well-worn phrase...
And that's all I have to say about that.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2014, 06:33 PM   #17404

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5

Looks like a real nice CG. Facilities and activities look top notch. Rates fairly reasonable especially with the first timer free month.

It will take you about 2 - 3 weeks to settle in and not have it feel like another vacation. Once you begin to ask "what day is it?", you'll know you're getting accustomed to retirement and being a snowbird. Except I think you need to drive at least 900 miles to be considered a snowbird.

Congrats on your upcoming stating of your vowels. Like, where were Mary Ann and I when you announced that you and Annie were still just really good friends? We thought you were married. You acted married. You two didn't have that "dating mode" going on. I think this just puts your relationship in the final stage mode. Little will change. Annie will still let you know what you're thinking or what "your" decision is. LOL

Anyway, our joy is your joy. The rainbow is glowing brightly this day.
Thanks Steve - when we make the U Turn in the spring and head up to Illinois we will get our RVMFTRRW RVM Full Timer Rainbow Roamer Wings....

From there we are tentatively penciling in Decatur Ind - which I believe is Bonitas birth place - first Annie's, then Bonitas. And then a week or so at your house. Fair warned if you want to avoid house guests keep an eye out here for dates.....

So as for announcement of just being really good friends.... That's funny as we stopped being friends years ago! we graduated to best friends and soul mates long ago. She has had an engagement ring for almost as long as we have known each other. I am really a lucky man - as we don't act married - we just are. And that's all I have to say about that, for now anyway. I could not imagine life without her - and she humors me and says the same.

Thanks again - and we look forward to checking out your guest room!
Your Fishing Mutant Partners in Crime....
Steve and Annie
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:45 PM   #17405

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns
Yep, I think ours was the first Mutant Wedding. We had a wonderful day, and we wish the same for Steve and Annie. Congratulations!
Hey there and thanks a bundle. And we are most happy to follow you and to have your wedding be the 1st in the RVMdom!!
Old 06-11-2014, 06:53 PM   #17406

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Diane, the last week of April was chosen for the first GC mainly because the weather would be pleasant by then, but the rates were still "off season". That would change for different areas of the country depending on the climate and school schedule.

Campgrounds are delighted to book big groups in the off season. More perks, less cost.

Actually the spring and fall are our favorite times to travel..... We usually just find a place to stop enroute, only do campgrounds when need to dump or decide we want to stay a while....
We like off season rates, but a lot of our stops are military bases.... The rest of the time we look for corp parks or state parks. Which is why I am not very familiar with rv parks and amenities... So while I wish I could make a GC suggestion, it would have no merit.......

Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:01 PM   #17407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
If you join RV Village, you can post your location on their, and it only stays there.

What is RV Village? Cant find on google?

Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:01 PM   #17408

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Pacific Northwest is even nicer. AND!!! Dennis and I are planning what I have been referring to as a Midi Curiosity near Oroville, Washington (north central WA) for Aug 5-10, 2014. There's a lake up there that spans the border with Canada. I'm hoping to see 8-10 of us up there.

What's a better term than midi to describe a Curiosity smaller than the Grande and more than a Mini?

All mutants are invited to join us.

Dang! Wish we could make that one. Sheesh!
So many places, so much time. Wait! That makes no sense. But we are stuck here longer than we want to be to get all in order for an orderly exit. :(
Old 06-11-2014, 07:36 PM   #17409

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
What is RV Village? Cant find on google?

Sorry
RVillage.com
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:48 PM   #17410

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Dang! Wish we could make that one. Sheesh!
So many places, so much time. Wait! That makes no sense. But we are stuck here longer than we want to be to get all in order for an orderly exit. :(
"Aim for the second star on the right and head that way till morning," I kinda remember these as my favorite directions from way back when so lets just stick with them after all the journey is the destination.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:52 PM   #17411

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum
"Aim for the second star on the right and head that way till morning," I kinda remember these as my favorite directions from way back when so lets just stick with them after all the journey is the destination.
Sounds familiar and definitely like Grand Advice!!
Old 06-11-2014, 07:55 PM   #17412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post

Grand words, for sure!
Okay, that does it. Possum gets to plan and organize the next GC.
All in favor give me an "OH YEAH"
Old 06-11-2014, 07:58 PM   #17413

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven

Grand words, for sure!
Okay, that does it. Possum gets to plan and organize the next GC.
All in favor give me an "OH YEAH"
Oh Yeah!
Course he is I'm Canada - and Les is too - and they're 850 miles apart... He will probably have us GC I'm Siberia...
Old 06-11-2014, 08:04 PM   #17414

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Oh Yeah!
Course he is I'm Canada - and Les is too - and they're 850 miles apart... He will probably have us GC I'm Siberia...

Makes sense for him to pick a place warmer than where he lives.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:16 PM   #17415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
For Dianne. Start you planning. Let Steve know where is the best area.

Location of Mutant States (of mind).

No place specific in the State, just a State. If I had home towns I could have been more specific.
LOL, the Ontario pin is a bit farther north than we are. North Bay, as shown on the map, is the magic spot.
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:24 PM   #17416

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti

LOL, the Ontario pin is a bit farther north than we are. North Bay, as shown on the map, is the magic spot.
So what is that, about 2,000 miles from Possum?