Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2014, 07:56 AM   #17431
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Sorry
RVillage.com
Very nice. I joined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Ya got that right Wayne!

Hope ya make it down south this winter - there are sooo many places to choose from. It's hard to decide. Google earth and a phone are your friends. As are helpful folks in the office. The nicest lady - with the patience of a saint - gave me way too much of her time - and she and her husband both went and took pics and emailed to me.

Let's keep fingers crossed that the old heart and respiratory Docs give me a reasonable hall pass!!
I'm not sure I can get Earlene to sit still for longer than a week. We'd have to keep moving around, and by moving around, 100+ miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
In that "apart" you forgot to add a fairly healthy swim. He lives on the island!
Dennis (Possum) is such a comedian. He should go to Hollywood. The swim and walk would do him good.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2014, 08:22 AM   #17432

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M
I'm not sure I can get Earlene to sit still for longer than a week. We'd have to keep moving around, and by moving around, 100+ miles.
Some of us have what it takes and some of us have an S&B to return to. Earlene stays at home months at a time in TC so I'm having trouble figuring out the difference. Sure it can be nice to move around - and we may do some of that here and there - but we are talking about getting to a warm place for winter at peak season. I just felt I found the nicest place for us to be in a 100 mile circumference around the RGV. Moving 100 miles would buy me nothing.

It's too bad the hill country gets just a little too cool for my comfort level. Better than DFW, but need a little better warmer than that to make leaving DFW worthwhile.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:39 AM   #17433

Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning muteys!

Congrats Steve and Annie on up coming nuptials. Little known fact; When Mary and I were married we left the church in a 28' Motorhome decorated with streamers, shave cream, tin cans dragging and all! Now we've been RVing for over 40 years.

Since we celebrated birthdays at the FEGC might I suggest we celebrate anniversaries at the Son of FEGC.

I mentioned a while back about getting this planning started and was rebuked, you telling me you was busy planning retirement, now we know what you've been up to, you romantic devil you! Lol

Back home for a spell, have trees down from the brief tornado that crossed over and lots of limbs, firewood will not be a problem again this year if son of FEGC is close enough.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:39 AM   #17434

[QUOTE=Wayne M;2091984][COLOR=Blue]Very nice. I joined.[/

Me too..... I joined.....

Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:51 AM   #17435

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski
Morning muteys!

Congrats Steve and Annie on up coming nuptials. Little known fact; When Mary and I were married we left the church in a 28' Motorhome decorated with streamers, shave cream, tin cans dragging and all! Now we've been RVing for over 40 years.

Since we celebrated birthdays at the FEGC might I suggest we celebrate anniversaries at the Son of FEGC.

I mentioned a while back about getting this planning started and was rebuked, you telling me you was busy planning retirement, now we know what you've been up to, you romantic devil you! Lol

Back home for a spell, have trees down from the brief tornado that crossed over and lots of limbs, firewood will not be a problem again this year if son of FEGC is close enough.
Hey Tim - thanks for the good wishes.

On another note and a minor point of clarification - my saying I'm very busy right now - and can't get to Son of GC at the moment - and have very few recommendations - but feel free to take the lead is not a rebuke - (see the difference).... LOL

Since the GC - I can't even list all of the things we've done - while holding down a job. And by the way - running trot lines and such at a lovely state park is hardly the same as a day job + readying life for full timing.... (again see the difference LOL) You know we love ya and truth be told been missing you here.... But sure have been one busy couple a mutants on our end.

Also - you get you a Jeep and when we meet up somewhere with trails - Annie and I will rent one for a week and go with ya. That's a promise. Buying the CRV put Plenty of Jeep Rental Dollars in our annual budget!
Old 06-12-2014, 09:24 AM   #17436

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeelarry View Post
Long message, but I'm trying to condense it as much as I can.

I would like to pass on some information about the overheating problems Diane has had with HER Mutant RV, for the past two years.

For starters, it's a FREIGHTLINER XCS chassis, with a Cummins Turbocharger, ISB 6.7l, 340hp. Cummins DOES NOT SUPPLY the radiator, CAC, fan, nor fan control & fan clutch. All of these items are supplied by & installed by Freightliner. Okay, now, when it began to overheat, and continued to overheat, I took it to Cummins. Cummins said they couldn't find any problem and that there were not any CODES!!! This was BS, because I have a Silverleaf and showed them the CODES, and all they told me is that they cannot find the reason for overheating. What they failed to tell me was that the problem belongs to Freightliner.

Anyway, I had the coolant system flushed & refilled twice; cleaned the CAC & Radiator front of, in between, and back of] several times. I even bought s high pressure steamer; replaced the thermostat, replaced the radiator cap, as well as an electric fan that attaches to the outside of the radiator. It pulls 3500-4000 cfm, and helped somewhat, until our return from the GC@CL. Yesterday, I took the MH to an Independent Truck shop in for an oil & filter change on the transmission. I figured I would have them look at the cooling system and see if they could find the problem. Well, talked with them today and it took the TECH about 5 minutes to locate the problem.........COOLING FAN CLUTCH!!!!! The ECM was telling the Fan Clutch that the radiator was hot & turn on the FAN. The Fan Clutch told the ECM that it was tired & retired, so it wasn't going to do anymore work!!!!!

So, if you have a Cummins on a Freightliner Chassis, and the CAC & Radiator are sandwiched [Fan blades in front of the CAC, and the CAC is in front of the Radiator, with about a 2" gap between the CAC & Rad], be careful about overheating. It starts our with a slight increase of coolant temps; then the temps will be okay; then the next time you are out, the temps will go way up to cause the warning light to tell you to check engine & tell you that the coolant temp is HOT. If you push it, the engine will derate, STOP DEAD IN ITS TRACK!!!!!

So, if you start to overheat for some unknown reason, have the fan clutch checked by Freightliner or a mechanic that has the tools & knowledge. DO NOT TAKE IT TO CUMMINS, otherwise you will be screwed>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

BTW, this is a common problem, with the fan clutch, but Freightliner will not do anything about it....
Larry; Wow, just wow. Thank you for sharing. My rig won't have a problem like this obviously, but I just wanted to say I tend to lose it over stuff like this. Mostly because I feel helpless at the time it's happening. Seriously, it's bad for me.

Barb; the other day me and Dad were trying to figure out the route you take to (yes we were talking about you ) FL. But of course you are making stops on the way. ...so our conversation was a complete waste of time. He may go to FL himself in Oct.....but of course he's not going nearly as far as you.
BTW, what's the weather like up there right now?

Steve and Annie: Congratulations!

Today I'll be doing my first ever volunteer job at a music event. The Eureka Springs Blues weekend. It's to benefit Turpentine Creek the big cat sanctuary, also in Eureka Springs. This place is the best big cat sanctuary in the country.

The Blues weekend ends at the sanctuary grounds on Father's Day, which of course me and Dad will attend.

I am supposed to get some free stuff for volunteering.

Anyway, I hope it goes well.
traveldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:15 AM   #17437

From there we are tentatively penciling in Decatur Ind - which I believe is Bonitas birth place - first Annie's, then Bonitas. And then a week or so at your house. Fair warned if you want to avoid house guests keep an eye out here for dates.....

Thanks again - and we look forward to checking out your guest room!
Your Fishing Mutant Partners in Crime....
Steve and Annie[/QUOTE]

Mary Ann and I welcome the challenge. LOL Our guest room is always open at our humble abode. Gotta figure out where to park Bonita. HOA parking restrictions ya know.

We could meet at our S & B and then venture over to our CG northeast of Indy and stay several days. That's our MH's resting place in the summer. The CG is nice, not exceptional. We have a golf cart over there that we can run around in. Or maybe some of the MIDWEST MUTANTS could come to the campground for a MIDWEST MINI-C too.

OR I can search for a "dirt cheap" storage facility for the time that you're at our place. I'd check for one that has 20 amp service for your refrigerator maintenance.

We could spend our time discovering some great Indiana comfort food and seeing some of the sights here in Hoosierland.

Anyway, the chance meeting up with you guys here in Indiana sounds like great fun. We can work out the possibilities as the date gets closer.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:33 AM   #17438

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Morning muteys!

Well...Tim....not everyone is married or wants to be...but everyone has a birthday....although there are many types of anniversaries to consider...weddings, becoming an RVM, quit smoking dates...etc.
Don't think you can take your firewood to many other States... Bugs and all ya know...
Old 06-12-2014, 11:25 AM   #17439

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Zeelarry, the fan clutches are a PITA. I had one let go in my Jeep half way up a mountain highway #3 Crowsnest in BC) while towing out TT. with no place to turn around. The hundred miles to Princeton was a six hour treck as the engine would heat up quite quickly hauling the TT up Friday Summit. I agree that the frigging things should default to 'operating' but then they wouldn't be able to sell you $200.00 replacement clutches. When we got to Princeton I tore ours out and welded the frigging blades to the shaft with a neat little do-for and haven't had to worry since.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:48 AM   #17440
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well, Earlene and I had some emotional stress this morning. Driver side slide would not go out. We thought we would be postponing our departure.

See This Post in the Winnebago Owners Thread.

It's fixed - me fixted it mutation style. (Diane, I know how I spelled fixted it.)

We are back on track and Miya is getter her Petco shed and bath.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:13 PM   #17441

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M
Well, Earlene and I had some emotional stress this morning. Driver side slide would not go out. We thought we would be postponing our departure.

See This Post in the Winnebago Owners Thread.

It's fixed - me fixted it mutation style. (Diane, I know how I spelled fixted it.)

We are back on track and Miya is getter her Petco shed and bath.
Fix it mutant style. Whoop! Whoop!
Old 06-12-2014, 12:47 PM   #17442
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Some of us have what it takes and some of us have an S&B to return to. Earlene stays at home months at a time in TC so I'm having trouble figuring out the difference. Sure it can be nice to move around - and we may do some of that here and there - but we are talking about getting to a warm place for winter at peak season. I just felt I found the nicest place for us to be in a 100 mile circumference around the RGV. Moving 100 miles would buy me nothing.

It's too bad the hill country gets just a little too cool for my comfort level. Better than DFW, but need a little better warmer than that to make leaving DFW worthwhile.
Even Texas City is warmer than DFW or Hill Country, but sometimes it gets downright cold and last Winter was unusual for everyone. I'm going South, just don't know which direction of South i'm going to go, Southwest, or Southeast.

Quote:
Fix it mutant style. Whoop! Whoop!
The Whoop Whoop was not a happy camper when it didn't work, and no Whoop Whoop of happiness when I found out what was wrong - read my other post, other thread. But there was Mutated Whoop Whoop of joy when I just plugged in the connector and it worked. Just not in finding the connector not connected. Blah, blah, blah.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:10 PM   #17443

Vintage RV Owners Club
Just so ya'll don't worry about me when you don't hear from me for a week....starting Saturday I'll be gone a week without internet for the most part. Counselor at a girls camp in the Ozarks. Management frowns upon electronic devices... we are supposed to be out enjoying nature with about 8-10 girls all 10-11 year olds 24/7.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:24 PM   #17444

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
The Whoop Whoop was not a happy camper when it didn't work, and no Whoop Whoop of happiness when I found out what was wrong - read my other post, other thread. But there was Mutated Whoop Whoop of joy when I just plugged in the connector and it worked. Just not in finding the connector not connected. Blah, blah, blah.
Well, just glad to hear that it didn't turn out this way...

Be safe & keep in contact, as we might cross paths.