Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2014, 04:52 PM   #17459

Possum ... I know how you feel. It's enough to drive me into a paranoid froth. I too, scratch dates on all the filters, and look under the bus for fresh grease on fittings. Some years ago I had the bus in for a few air line fixes. One of the items on my bill was a shutterstat. Asked the mechanic to point it out to me. He did ... it had the same nice silver gray paint that I sprayed on the engine a few weeks prior. I demanded my bill be adjusted for this obvious false charge.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2014, 05:57 PM   #17460

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Possum ... I know how you feel. It's enough to drive me into a paranoid froth. I too, scratch dates on all the filters, and look under the bus for fresh grease on fittings. Some years ago I had the bus in for a few air line fixes. One of the items on my bill was a shutterstat. Asked the mechanic to point it out to me. He did ... it had the same nice silver gray paint that I sprayed on the engine a few weeks prior. I demanded my bill be adjusted for this obvious false charge.
shutterstat? something to do with diesels?

I got a tad anal when I have a small construction company. Three trucks, a couple of cars, an RV and various maintenance schedules it was easier to write dates on things with a magic marker than to rely on a fallible remembery
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:26 PM   #17461

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
So you're saying that this old lady with the out of state tags on her RV hasn't a prayer of getting what she pays for? Geesh! What's this world coming to?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:34 PM   #17462

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky
So you're saying that this old lady with the out of state tags on her RV hasn't a prayer of getting what she pays for? Geesh! What's this world coming to?
I wouldn't say that. But ya do have to pay attention. I'm sure nobody can get anything past you!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:44 PM   #17463

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post

Don't be shy about taking the time to look over the repairs before leaving the shop.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:56 PM   #17464
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeelarry View Post
Well, just glad to hear that it didn't turn out this way...

Be safe & keep in contact, as we might cross paths.
Are you going to take Diane with you?

Quote:
Wayne, are you sure it wasn't Camping World that you took it to? A few years ago, I took our MH to Camping World to have them work on the HW heater. After picking it up, something told me to check the connections, to make sure that the water's connection was turned back on. To my surprise, I found the hoses running to the heater were disconnected. If we had turned the water pump on, the bedroom would have been flooded.
I have heard stories about CW, but I have also heard stories about other places, and personally I have experienced Winnebago and the Dealer I purchased the "new" coach from. I had one experience with CW and it was a good one. Story another time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I read your other post before I replied. I just thought you were a little better seasoned.... I mean accustomed to SNAFU with these sorts of things. The fist and logical reaction is to panic and get PO'd - but experience should kick in and tell ya - sit down - cool off - relax and think a minute. Remember my refrigerator last summer - I told the guy working on it - "I'm going on vacation - close er up - we're leaving. There will be a mobil guy where we're going who knows what he's doing." Apparently most of the problem was his wimpy extension cord and weak 120 cause we've been good ever since.

But - as Larry says -
If you would stop and take note of how many times this MH has been in the shop for repairs, you would understand my frustration at having something else break. At least I thought something was "bruk." A big because I was able to deduce a possible problem and correct it. But for about an hour of trial and tribulation it was frustration. Being on telephone hold with Winnebago for 30 minutes was also on the list of frustrations, and I hung up before they every answered at there service center.

Yep! It to shall pass.

Quote:
I've found CW does not have a lock on morons.

I just thought about this......we need to have a GC just so we can hire & pay Dwayne to fix all of our problems.
I think we would all chip in and pay for his site for the week or two.

Hey Dwayne, where are you when you are needed???

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:03 PM   #17465

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^ I hear ya Wayne... I know you have had issues. Maybe it's time to trade er in. Start with a fresh set of issues... Problems... Squeaks and Rattles. Ya know eventually that windshield is gonna be the last straw - at least thats my guess... Be safe tomorrow - we'll miss hearing from you as your posting slows down as you roam the rainbow - to know you is to loath you and I do... Or something like that!
Old 06-12-2014, 08:56 PM   #17466
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
^^ I hear ya Wayne... I know you have had issues. Maybe it's time to trade er in. Start with a fresh set of issues... Problems... Squeaks and Rattles. Ya know eventually that windshield is gonna be the last straw - at least thats my guess... Be safe tomorrow - we'll miss hearing from you as your posting slows down as you roam the rainbow - to know you is to loath you and I do... Or something like that!
Do I need to send you my theme song so you can get it right for once? Sheesh.

Yep! Just waiting to see if the windshield is going to ...... well, I'll just leave it at that.

Tomorrow is a Mini-c. We are stopping at Jeannie and Dave's place and Bob and Stephanie may drop over. It's nice to be close. Although I don't know how I put up with them.

p.s., Got rid of the Euro Chair, well not quit rid of it is sitting in our living room for now. The new Lazy Boy recliner is in place. It is going to give new meaning to the word "NAP." So there's a positive for ya'll.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:04 PM   #17467

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M

Do I need to send you my theme song so you can get it right for once? Sheesh.

Yep! Just waiting to see if the windshield is going to ...... well, I'll just leave it at that.

Tomorrow is a Mini-c. We are stopping at Jeannie and Dave's place and Bob and Stephanie may drop over. It's nice to be close. Although I don't know how I put up with them.

p.s., Got rid of the Euro Chair, well not quit rid of it is sitting in our living room for now. The new Lazy Boy recliner is in place. It is going to give new meaning to the word "NAP." So there's a positive for ya'll.
Sweet! I have never been a recliner type - really like my big leather chair - but I understand the need for a comfortable place to nap!! I usually just plop down on the sleep number.... Or a lawn chair. Annie insists on camp chairs and chaise lounge. I guess a gravity chai might cover both bases. Hmm.... Does it ever end...
Old 06-12-2014, 09:29 PM   #17468
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Here ye all Mutants - near and far -
Annie has given in and on July 18th we will be married. She has put up with me for about 14 years now so I guess she knows what she's doing. I am a lucky mutant!

And that's all I have to say about that - for now anyway!!
RVM2
Congrats and best wishes to Annie and you, Steve. Sorry I'm late, but we are on the road and our connectivity is spotty.

Today is our 27th anniversary and we celebrated with Subway sandwiches from the Exxon station. We are hopeless romantics, and "still crazy after all these years."
Old 06-12-2014, 09:34 PM   #17469

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Hmm.... Does it ever end...
Not until you hand the keys to someone else and check into the nursing home.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-12-2014, 09:38 PM   #17470

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Today is our 27th anniversary and we celebrated with Subway sandwiches from the Exxon station. We are hopeless romantics, and "still crazy after all these years."
Congrats Sarah! You bring a whole new meaning to the word, CELEBRATION.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-12-2014, 09:41 PM   #17471

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW
Congrats and best wishes to Annie and you, Steve. Sorry I'm late, but we are on the road and our connectivity is spotty.

Happy 27th Sarah!!
And thanks for the good wishes.

Ya know - there is nothing like the comfort of knowing that a Subway sandwich or hot dog on campfire is all that is needed for an anniversary or special occasion... That says Love!

Steve and Annie
Old 06-12-2014, 09:43 PM   #17472

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky

Not until you hand the keys to someone else and check into the nursing home.
One can hope Barb. One can hope...