Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-16-2014, 11:13 AM   #17613
Senior Member
 
jnebowman's Avatar
 
Texas Boomers Club
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Texas Upper Gulf Coast
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
It has been a rough week. My need for good Karma revolves around my grand kids needing protection from their step dad. I don't want to drive a conversation into that area but I thought I would provide ya'll some background on my earlier request. In short, it isn't going very well. The GA agency (DFCS) doesn't seem to understand the gravity of the situation. The kids told us some seriously bad stories about step dad. He is a controlling SOB. On top of that, his counselor told him that the kids should be PUNISHED for telling us what was going on. Really!?

The good news is that my ex-wife is in the area and is chasing this down like a pit bull. This is critical because step dad is trying to isolate the whole family from those outside of his family.

To make matters worse, we left Macon, GA last Saturday and are now in Cave City RV park and I am sick. I'm getting better but it is a slow process. We had hoped to tour Mammoth Cave but we will see if I can get to feeling better. I'm not up to a 2 hour foot tour.

So...onward we press.
You've got a big burden to carry. Thank you for sharing and let us know by pm if there is anything we can do. (Serious about this.) Meanwhile take care of yourself right now!
__________________

__________________
Jne (RMV73)
with Tervs: Rex & Ranger in the
Flyin' Purple People Eagle
jnebowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2014, 11:23 AM   #17614
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 5,316
Sena says, "Woo woo woo" translation: I love you Uncle Dave, tell Momma to feed me.

I left almonds, dried cherries and dried blueberries out for her last night in hopes that they would buy me a little more peace this morning. She ate a little, but started demanding something out of the frig. So, I unbungee and open the frig door. Sena then jumps on the lower ledge of the frig and looks around. First she taps on the ranch dressing. I say, "no, pick something else." Then she looks at all her choices and tries to open the bin where cheese is kept. "Woo woo" means I want that and she jumps back onto the counter and anxiously peers at the package of provolone as I open it.

I also set out some sliced deli ham in her bowl in hopes that I can get 15 minutes to read this forum before she demands something else.

I'm just the slave here.
__________________

__________________
Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey, RVM Head Mascot) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie)
2011 Shasta Cynara 230F & 2012 Smart Car toad, 272 watt solar system
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 and loving it.
okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:29 AM   #17615
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 5,316
Don and Sandee -- sending Ohmmmms of healing and peace your way. I hope everything resolves positively and soon.
__________________
Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey, RVM Head Mascot) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie)
2011 Shasta Cynara 230F & 2012 Smart Car toad, 272 watt solar system
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 and loving it.
okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:31 AM   #17616
Senior Member
 
Davdeb1's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Avon Lake, Oh
Posts: 2,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
So I can't figure out the emotes. I had been typing them - but don't think that's working on this phone. This is going to be funnnn....
Look on bottom right hand corner oh keyboard? I have 7 inch Android tablet that is where they are.
__________________
2000 HOLIDAY RAMBLER ENDEAVOR
40 FT--330HP CAT
2 SLIDES-TOAD 2012 focus
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:31 AM   #17617
RVM1
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 12,880
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Don and Sandee -- sending Ohmmmms of healing and peace your way. I hope everything resolves positively and soon.

X2
Best wishes!
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:33 AM   #17618
RVM1
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 12,880
Blog Entries: 1
Barb, we are all slaves, one way or another.
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:40 AM   #17619
Senior Member
 
Davdeb1's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Avon Lake, Oh
Posts: 2,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
It has been a rough week. My need for good Karma revolves around my grand kids needing protection from their step dad. I don't want to drive a conversation into that area but I thought I would provide ya'll some background on my earlier request. In short, it isn't going very well. The GA agency (DFCS) doesn't seem to understand the gravity of the situation. The kids told us some seriously bad stories about step dad. He is a controlling SOB. On top of that, his counselor told him that the kids should be PUNISHED for telling us what was going on. Really!?

The good news is that my ex-wife is in the area and is chasing this down like a pit bull. This is critical because step dad is trying to isolate the whole family from those outside of his family.

To make matters worse, we left Macon, GA last Saturday and are now in Cave City RV park and I am sick. I'm getting better but it is a slow process. We had hoped to tour Mammoth Cave but we will see if I can get to feeling better. I'm not up to a 2 hour foot tour.

So...onward we press.
It's hard to sit somewhere else and feel helpless. Like you said good thing ex is on it, she has skin in that game and will handle it. Hope you're feeling better soon!
__________________
2000 HOLIDAY RAMBLER ENDEAVOR
40 FT--330HP CAT
2 SLIDES-TOAD 2012 focus
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:05 PM   #17620
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,642
Don
MANY Ommms of every kind needed! Feel better my friend. Hugs to Sandee. Annie says hey! 💊
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:18 PM   #17621
Senior Member
 
Suspinz's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 3,687
R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
It has been a rough week. My need for good Karma revolves around my grand kids needing protection from their step dad. I don't want to drive a conversation into that area but I thought I would provide ya'll some background on my earlier request. In short, it isn't going very well. The GA agency (DFCS) doesn't seem to understand the gravity of the situation. The kids told us some seriously bad stories about step dad. He is a controlling SOB. On top of that, his counselor told him that the kids should be PUNISHED for telling us what was going on. Really!?



The good news is that my ex-wife is in the area and is chasing this down like a pit bull. This is critical because step dad is trying to isolate the whole family from those outside of his family.



To make matters worse, we left Macon, GA last Saturday and are now in Cave City RV park and I am sick. I'm getting better but it is a slow process. We had hoped to tour Mammoth Cave but we will see if I can get to feeling better. I'm not up to a 2 hour foot tour.



So...onward we press.

Don and Sandee, I'm so sorry this is happening in your family! It's a horrible thing to have going on, made worse by your not being able to do anything. Thank heaven for women with pitbull tendencies!

I can't believe a decent social worker would say what s/he did. Just about gives step-dad carte blanche! Did that get filtered through the step dad, I wonder?

We're glad to hear you are on the mend, and hoping Sandee isn't next in line! Sending Ohhhmmms for both situations and especially for the children's safety.

All the best!
Sue
__________________
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
'16 Thor Tuscany 45 AT & '14 Jeep Cherokee; 2 bikes, 1 kayak, 1 walking stick. Feline furface Betsy Alopicia. Yes, the journey IS the destination!
Suspinz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:22 PM   #17622
Senior Member
 
Suspinz's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 3,687
Barb, it's good to hear from you again. I was beginning to worry a bit.

Sena lives up to that near-translation of her name to "supper", doesn't she? 24/7, by the sound of it.

Cheers!
Sue
__________________
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
'16 Thor Tuscany 45 AT & '14 Jeep Cherokee; 2 bikes, 1 kayak, 1 walking stick. Feline furface Betsy Alopicia. Yes, the journey IS the destination!
Suspinz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:34 PM   #17623
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Don and Sandee, I'm so sorry this is happening in your family! It's a horrible thing to have going on, made worse by your not being able to do anything. Thank heaven for women with pitbull tendencies!

I can't believe a decent social worker would say what s/he did. Just about gives step-dad carte blanche! Did that get filtered through the step dad, I wonder?

We're glad to hear you are on the mend, and hoping Sandee isn't next in line! Sending Ohhhmmms for both situations and especially for the children's safety.

All the best!
Sue

We second and third what each have said.... Hope this time the ex perseveres..... And wins. Ohms to get well.




Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2016 BerkshireXL 40RB, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:40 PM   #17624
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
"Feed me, feed me, feed me" she says, but it is really just boredom talking.

Hurry back sunshine!
Barb, Mary says the same thing about me!
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:58 PM   #17625
Senior Member
 
Possum's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cherry Creek, BC Canada
Posts: 7,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Sena says, "Woo woo woo" translation: I love you Uncle Dave, tell Momma to feed me.

I left almonds, dried cherries and dried blueberries out for her last night in hopes that they would buy me a little more peace this morning. She ate a little, but started demanding something out of the frig. So, I unbungee and open the frig door. Sena then jumps on the lower ledge of the frig and looks around. First she taps on the ranch dressing. I say, "no, pick something else." Then she looks at all her choices and tries to open the bin where cheese is kept. "Woo woo" means I want that and she jumps back onto the counter and anxiously peers at the package of provolone as I open it.

I also set out some sliced deli ham in her bowl in hopes that I can get 15 minutes to read this forum before she demands something else.

I'm just the slave here.
Barb, Does Sena like spicy cold cuts. I have a source of Sopressetta (hot and mild), Genoa (hot and mild) and Provalone (hot and mild) salami along with some fantastic imported cheeses and we will be headed right past that store on our way to meet with you in August. Lemme know and I'll bring her some Italian Treats when we get together. Also if there will be others there who like the hot stuff we will bring lots.


Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Barb, Mary says the same thing about me!
I must add Denise has me in the same category.
__________________
Denise and Dennis Dalla-Vicenza Co-pilot Mizzie
Gracie a Winnebago 29 RQ +
George a Suzuki Toad
.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:04 PM   #17626
Senior Member
 
traveldogs's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Earth to Sena.

Give yer Mom an almond and tell her to check in, aye?

Yes, yes, I know your poor tummy is empty and hurts!

Uncle Dave

The little noise she makes; "ee, ee, ee,"

__________________

__________________
2010 25' Class C Winnebago Access
2005 "Elly" Toad
Me: Cindy; RVM63; Tiny Dog Parade: Lilly, Charlotte & Binky
traveldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« Endless Tale Game | - »

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 7 (3 members and 4 guests)
daveandcarol, Dwayne & Shara, okmunky
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.