Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-16-2014, 09:39 PM   #17655
RVM1
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 12,889
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
All of the above!



Cried first putting my Mom to rest...

Went on a shopping spree in the liquor store after the internment...

Drank waaaayyyy too many toasts to the wonderful Mom that she was!!!

Understood, Les. Understood all too well.
__________________

__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2014, 09:55 PM   #17656
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 11,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
It has been a rough week. My need for good Karma revolves around my grand kids needing protection from their step dad. I don't want to drive a conversation into that area but I thought I would provide ya'll some background on my earlier request. In short, it isn't going very well. The GA agency (DFCS) doesn't seem to understand the gravity of the situation. The kids told us some seriously bad stories about step dad. He is a controlling SOB. On top of that, his counselor told him that the kids should be PUNISHED for telling us what was going on. Really!?

The good news is that my ex-wife is in the area and is chasing this down like a pit bull. This is critical because step dad is trying to isolate the whole family from those outside of his family.

To make matters worse, we left Macon, GA last Saturday and are now in Cave City RV park and I am sick. I'm getting better but it is a slow process. We had hoped to tour Mammoth Cave but we will see if I can get to feeling better. I'm not up to a 2 hour foot tour.

So...onward we press.
Don, get well soon, please and don't pass it on to Sandee

Sorry to hear of the troubles, but they to shall pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Can anyone identify this for us?
I can't, but I can say with positive conviction that I would not bite into it

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvjag View Post
I'm really not sure about the mutant part but The Journey is Our Destination!...How's that slow out of gate? Well just so ya know the Jag part is for the Jacksonville Jaguars we do not drive a jag... I know what is there to brag about.

The Journey is Our Destination! Now I get it. LOL
Welcome to the journey on the rainbow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Understood, Les. Understood all too well.
X2, for sure.
__________________

__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
RVM14
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:59 PM   #17657
Senior Member
 
JudyH's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 885
What a verbose group today.
Don and Sandee, hang in there and be strong, for the wrongdoers are too weak. To pick on kids is just wrong. I hope you can be the defenders for the children.
Welcome to RVJag, number 82.
Please everybody, keep it quiet for a few days around here as I hate it when I takes me days to catch up.
__________________
Judy & Ralph, w/Molly (the Westie) & Sadie (the Fourche Terrier)
2011 Ford F350 6.7 Lariat
2013 Infinity 3850RL
JudyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:38 AM   #17658
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Nope - I an done waiting.... got the Samsung Galaxy 5 S Active. It is way cool.
I recently delved into the Android world... Tracfone has them now. Then I bought an Asus 10" Tablet... Found some apps that allow me to watch TV, Netflix, etc on the thing over the wifi.

Fun stuff.
__________________
RVM9
SylviaCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:47 AM   #17659
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviaCub View Post
I recently delved into the Android world... Tracfone has them now. Then I bought an Asus 10" Tablet... Found some apps that allow me to watch TV, Netflix, etc on the thing over the wifi.

Fun stuff.
So far I'm really liking it. I go all the back to dos anyway - so for me it's just another tool - like my CR-V... I was teasing RVM1 about hanging out at airports with finger symbols and a tambourine recruiting people to his Jeep and iPhone cult. Just a tool. Just a thing. I had I iPhone - I don't miss it. Never had a Jeep - and yet here I am - how can it be? LOL!!!
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:50 AM   #17660
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,645
Hey Don and Colleen - where ya hiding???
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:46 AM   #17661
Senior Member
 
Sky_Boss's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: ON THE ROAD...SOMEWHERE
Posts: 5,620
Last night was really rough. I spiked 104* temp. Turned the AC down and by the middle of the morning I had sweat so much that I was feeling like I was in a swimming pool. Temp dropped but I had the worst case of shivers I can ever recall. To make matters worse I scared the hell out of Sandee when I passed out in the bathroom. I don't even remember falling. I do remember Sandee with phone in hand calling 911 for an ambulance but I told here not to make that call.

Now I'm feeling better on all fronts. I'm real tired but no longer have the shivers nor a crazy temp.

We are going to have to wash all the bedding because it is soaked with my sweat. Fortunately we had some extra covers I could put between me and the sheets to make it more comfortable and not feel so wet.

I am considering going to the local hospital for an evaluation. We already extended our stay in Cave City an extra day but I think we will extend it 1 more.
__________________
Don, Sandee & GSD Zeus. Gardian Wings earned are GSDs Gunny (7/11/15) & Thor (5/5/15)
2006 DSDP 4320, Spartan MM IFS, 2013 CR-V, Blue Ox Avail, SMI AF1, Samsung 197R Refer.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:00 AM   #17662
Senior Member
 
Moonrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,685
R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
....



I am considering going to the local hospital for an evaluation. ....

Good plan. You may be nothing more than dehydrated at this point, but still a good check-out with the doc seems appropriate.
__________________
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:36 AM   #17663
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Last night was really rough. I spiked 104* temp. Turned the AC down and by the middle of the morning I had sweat so much that I was feeling like I was in a swimming pool. Temp dropped but I had the worst case of shivers I can ever recall. To make matters worse I scared the hell out of Sandee when I passed out in the bathroom. I don't even remember falling. I do remember Sandee with phone in hand calling 911 for an ambulance but I told here not to make that call.



Now I'm feeling better on all fronts. I'm real tired but no longer have the shivers nor a crazy temp.



We are going to have to wash all the bedding because it is soaked with my sweat. Fortunately we had some extra covers I could put between me and the sheets to make it more comfortable and not feel so wet.



I am considering going to the local hospital for an evaluation. We already extended our stay in Cave City an extra day but I think we will extend it 1 more.

Not fun..... Not For you, but not for Sandee.

Same here on Sunday...
Larry went into INSULIN SHOCK, rather than ambulabce i got son Dr on phone, he walked me through.... Same kind of profuse sweat.... His Blood sugar had dropped to 26, (below 40 can go into coma). Took an hour to get it back up to where he coukd respond.... Scared me bad.... I thought he was dying.... Firt time We have dealt with that issue.


Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2016 BerkshireXL 40RB, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:38 AM   #17664
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Hey Don and Colleen - where ya hiding???

Think Colleen is in nevada, according to her fb post........


Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2016 BerkshireXL 40RB, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:47 AM   #17665
Senior Dude
 
Dogpatch's Avatar


 
Forest River Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere, BC.
Posts: 5,576
Blog Entries: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
So far I'm really liking it. I go all the back to dos anyway - so for me it's just another tool - like my CR-V... I was teasing RVM1 about hanging out at airports with finger symbols and a tambourine recruiting people to his Jeep and iPhone cult. Just a tool. Just a thing. I had I iPhone - I don't miss it. Never had a Jeep - and yet here I am - how can it be? LOL!!!
Spoken like a true Mutant!

"Don't have a Jeep...and don't need one" (sorry rvm1 and others)
__________________
Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:02 AM   #17666
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,442
IWARP unite!

(I want a Rubicon People)
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:13 AM   #17667
RVM1
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 12,889
Blog Entries: 1
R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Spoken like a true Mutant!



"Don't have a Jeep...and don't need one" (sorry rvm1 and others)

No appology needed. We all have stuff. Some same, some different. But, Red takes me to nifty places and the iPhone takes nifty pics.
YMMV

I do play a mean tamborine!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1403010783.298872.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	65593
Attached Images
  
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:36 AM   #17668
RVM1
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 12,889
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Not fun..... Not For you, but not for Sandee.

Same here on Sunday...
Larry went into INSULIN SHOCK, rather than ambulabce i got son Dr on phone, he walked me through.... Same kind of profuse sweat.... His Blood sugar had dropped to 26, (below 40 can go into coma). Took an hour to get it back up to where he coukd respond.... Scared me bad.... I thought he was dying.... Firt time We have dealt with that issue.


Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!

I am troubled by all of the troubles, folks. Larry, Di, Don, Sandee..... please be well
__________________

__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« Bananas | - »

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.