Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2014, 08:52 AM   #17697

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post

Also we are going to be Camp Hosts at Lake Ouachita State Park for 2 weeks in August, thanks Tim..... Now that is my most favorite Lake EVER.......

Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!

Remember Diane, we set the bar really low, don't go over there all sparkiely and make us look bad! Currently if you can breath on your own and dress yourself you qualify. Our replacements were nearly 90, no kidding, they had a SIL and daughter camping there just to keep an eye on them! Lol

Hope you enjoy your time there, we really like meeting everyone!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2014, 09:02 AM   #17698
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
When someone gets aroundtuit and sticks together a mutant cookbook, I have a simple recipe to include:

Po Kids After School Slab Treat

Goes like this ... Slab of air dried white bread (end pieces are the best) ... swizzle of Karo syrup ... dollop of peanut butter.

Mix and spread over bread.

Flip on TV to catch Mickey Mouse Club and observe latest "development" of Annette.
My Mom used to make up a batch of Bee Hive corn syrup and peanut butter ready to use. I forgot what that tastes like but I know it was good as a kid!

Old 06-18-2014, 09:25 AM   #17699
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
When someone gets aroundtuit and sticks together a mutant cookbook, I have a simple recipe to include:

Po Kids After School Slab Treat

Goes like this ... Slab of air dried white bread (end pieces are the best) ... swizzle of Karo syrup ... dollop of peanut butter.

Mix and spread over bread.

Flip on TV to catch Mickey Mouse Club and observe latest "development" of Annette.

That would be what he needed... Son said apple juice and peanut butter fir insulin shock, followed by potatoes and pasta....

And tes even the girls watched Annette.... To compare

Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:27 AM   #17700
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Remember Diane, we set the bar really low, don't go over there all sparkiely and make us look bad! Currently if you can breath on your own and dress yourself you qualify. Our replacements were nearly 90, no kidding, they had a SIL and daughter camping there just to keep an eye on them! Lol

Hope you enjoy your time there, we really like meeting everyone!

Really? That old huh?

What site # are host sites.... Just curious..
And btw it took me a long time to develop this sparkle.... Lol... But i will try.....

Thanks again Tim....

Old 06-18-2014, 09:33 AM   #17701
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Boy did I do something dumb today. 30 seconds to screw it up and 6 hours to fix. Hate doing dumb things. Over to you Wayne.................

Oh come on now fess up! Sheesh! We can't chide you if we don't know what you screwed up.

p.s, unlike you I don't do dumb things. Now stupid things I have been know to do, but never dumb things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Really? That old huh?

What site # are host sites.... Just curious..
And btw it took me a long time to develop this sparkle.... Lol... But i will try.....

Thanks again Tim....

I've seen you sparkle. Was that a candle on your head?

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:40 AM   #17702
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'm feeling a little down today. Ray and Sissy never asked to hear my theme song.

Oh well. Their loss, right?
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:45 AM   #17703

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Well...this a bit of blow by blow of things to date that I posted on my FB for friends and family. BTW...I welcome any of you to look at my FB and "friend" me if you wish at https://www.facebook.com/donald.moore.102

First, seems like the whole familty is in medical needs. Mom-in-Law, Sister-in-law's Mom & son and to top it all off, Sister-in-law found out she needs surgery for torn rotator cuff. SIGH!

Things started Sunday after we arrived at our RV park. I was feeling pretty good on the drive here but shortly after we got parked and I did our set ups I started feeling whimpy. I've really lost track of time with all the sleeping I have done but by Monday night my temp went up to 105*. I also had severe, bone chattering chills too. Tuesday Morning at about 3 am I got out of bed to go to the bathroom and suddenly passed out. I don't even remember hitting the floor but I came to with Sandee calling 911 for an ambulance. I talked her out of it (dumb men) and got back in bed.

We then took my temp later that morning and decided to go the hospital in Glascow, KY. They gave me a bag of fluids, took lots of blood samples including some for culturing to find if I have anything really nasty. The early tests indicated a mildly eleveate white blood cell count so that is reasonably good.

I suppose things are better but I may need to go back to the hospital today unless I can get enough fluids in me to avoid dehydration. I'm working on that now.

The good news is that we are located in a Cave County RV Park that we had hoped we would use to visit Mammoth Cave before I got sick. We orignally planned a day for that visit but that got shelved. The RV park management has been FANTASTIC! This is a busy campground that doesn't have a problem keeping most of the spot in use and they had to move some incomeing guests to different spots so that we didn't have to move around. They are keeping our spot off the reservation available list on a day by day basis until I am ready to leave.

The fever has subsided a quite bit but is still a bit of a roller coaster. It was 101* when I went to bed and I was comfortable enough to ditch all but the sheet and light weight blanket.

HOWEVER...at 3 am I started sweating so bad I felt like I was stepping out of a shower. Sandee got a couple blankets for me to lay between to get me off the wet sheets. The good news is that my temp was 99* and is now 98.6* so perhaps, with a little luck, I am off that roller coaster.

Sandee has taken EXCELLENT care of me. Lots of getting up through the mornings to fix the bed, replace sheets take my temp and make sure I take my meds.

Hopefully I'm on the mend...time for another bottle of water.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:22 AM   #17704

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Well...this a bit of blow by blow of things to date that I posted on my FB for friends and family. BTW...I welcome any of you to look at my FB and "friend" me if you wish at https://www.facebook.com/donald.moore.102

First, seems like the whole familty is in medical needs. Mom-in-Law, Sister-in-law's Mom & son and to top it all off, Sister-in-law found out she needs surgery for torn rotator cuff. SIGH!

Things started Sunday after we arrived at our RV park. I was feeling pretty good on the drive here but shortly after we got parked and I did our set ups I started feeling whimpy. I've really lost track of time with all the sleeping I have done but by Monday night my temp went up to 105*. I also had severe, bone chattering chills too. Tuesday Morning at about 3 am I got out of bed to go to the bathroom and suddenly passed out. I don't even remember hitting the floor but I came to with Sandee calling 911 for an ambulance. I talked her out of it (dumb men) and got back in bed.

We then took my temp later that morning and decided to go the hospital in Glascow, KY. They gave me a bag of fluids, took lots of blood samples including some for culturing to find if I have anything really nasty. The early tests indicated a mildly eleveate white blood cell count so that is reasonably good.

I suppose things are better but I may need to go back to the hospital today unless I can get enough fluids in me to avoid dehydration. I'm working on that now.

The good news is that we are located in a Cave County RV Park that we had hoped we would use to visit Mammoth Cave before I got sick. We orignally planned a day for that visit but that got shelved. The RV park management has been FANTASTIC! This is a busy campground that doesn't have a problem keeping most of the spot in use and they had to move some incomeing guests to different spots so that we didn't have to move around. They are keeping our spot off the reservation available list on a day by day basis until I am ready to leave.

The fever has subsided a quite bit but is still a bit of a roller coaster. It was 101* when I went to bed and I was comfortable enough to ditch all but the sheet and light weight blanket.

HOWEVER...at 3 am I started sweating so bad I felt like I was stepping out of a shower. Sandee got a couple blankets for me to lay between to get me off the wet sheets. The good news is that my temp was 99* and is now 98.6* so perhaps, with a little luck, I am off that roller coaster.

Sandee has taken EXCELLENT care of me. Lots of getting up through the mornings to fix the bed, replace sheets take my temp and make sure I take my meds.

Hopefully I'm on the mend...time for another bottle of water.
When all is said and done you better treat Sandee to a special just for her day, once you are up and around. She sounds like a real keeper.

Thanks for the update and hopefully all goes well from here in; I got a bit unnerved when I heard of you fainting spell while fevered, not a good sign at all.

Healing ohmmmssss from our house to yours.

Wishing that everything starts lining up along the rainbow for you and your family.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:39 AM   #17705

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
My dumb moment came at the end of the 'replace the air bag springs' episode. I decided that we should have the schrader valves up under the cowling of the motor home for easy pressure checking. Long story short I decided to drill the mounting hole in a piece of flat metal right behind the bonnet cover. I placed an awl there and whacked it with a hammer to set a pilot indent for the drill. I whacked it a tad hard and knocked the actual mounting plate for the cowling mechanism off the drivers side of the unit.

So I spent the whole day figuring out a way to remount the hinge plate to the machine and then going about remounting the hinge plate and then the mechanism and then the hood.

I do have to say that a cute little tool Denise got me for Christmas sure came in handy. Little hand held 90 3.6 volt drill. Never thought I would use the thingy but it was the only way I could drill holes (while looking into a mirror) to locate the proper place to make 1/4" holes for the stove bolts to hold the hinge pieces.

Once I got the side that was still attached drilled I used these holes to make a template to flip 180 for drilling the opposite side holes in the correct location. After successfully rewriting the "Longshoreman's Profanity Gazette" a couple of times, (as mentioned earlier) I got everything set up and ready.

Went to the local DIY place and found they were out of Stainless Steel Stove bolts and had to settle for hex head until the stove bolts arrive in a week or so. Had to settle for second best as we are headed out camping this morning.

DW is volunteering at the Blood Bank today and we will head out as soon as she gets home.

I will post pictures when it is finally completed properly.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:21 PM   #17706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
My dumb moment came at the end of the 'replace the air bag springs' episode. ....
I will post pictures when it is finally completed properly.
I'm waiting for the movie to come out. Should be fun to watch.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:02 PM   #17707

My reward today for not causing a ruckus in the grocery store. These are super tasty rooster treats. Little Red Hen claims they are not loaded with junk chemicals. Surprising, because I thought good tasting stuff always was full of bad stuff.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1403114532.149508.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	624.4 KB
ID:	65658
Old 06-18-2014, 01:04 PM   #17708
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
My reward today for not causing a ruckus in the grocery store. These are super tasty rooster treats. Little Red Hen claims they are not loaded with junk chemicals. Surprising, because I thought good tasting stuff always was full of bad stuff.
Attachment 65658

When I first saw your pic. I thought it was dogfood.... Blue, diamond, ..... But they look good... Share w Dave....

Old 06-18-2014, 03:15 PM   #17709

Quote:
Attachment 65658

Mm-mmm! Little Red Hen has something there. I too will keep a sharp chick's eye out for them. (Not mine, of course; I'll have to convince some sharp chick to help.)

Cheers!
Sue
Old 06-18-2014, 03:32 PM   #17710
RVM1

Quote:
Attachment 65658

Been snacking them off and on for 2 yrs.
Not cheap, but tasty and GF

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote