Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-18-2014, 08:53 PM   #17725
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 5,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
You didn't cause a ruckus. Most unusual. Most of the time you go to the clock department and set all the alarms for 5 minute intervals, then you put prophylactics in all the grocery carts you can find, and on, and on, and on.

What happened, getting to old to remember all the fun times?
I don't care what Earlene says about you, Wayne. You are good for something. Laughs! And I bet your parents were married before you were born, too!

And that goes for your partners in crime, Possum and Moonrover, too.
__________________

__________________
Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey, RVM Head Mascot) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie)
2011 Shasta Cynara 230F & 2012 Smart Car toad, 272 watt solar system
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 and loving it.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2014, 08:58 PM   #17726
Senior Member
 
virginiamtns's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 668
Hello, Mutant Peeps:

Welcome to the newbies, and health to the sickies. Don't you know that it's summer time? It's against the rules to be sick in the summer time!

I've started my new job (promotion from my old job), in a new city. The commute isn't too bad, but we're thinking about the dreaded M word. I swore we'd never move again after the last one, but we're thinking of downsizing and starting the process toward the R word. I like that one a lot better! So we're house hunting this weekend - wish us luck!

Peace and sweet dreams, mutant family.

G'night, John Boy!
__________________

__________________
Elizabeth RVM55 and Mary
2014 Thor Ace 30.1
2014 Chevy Equinox V6 LTZ AWD
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:07 PM   #17727
Senior Member
 
jnebowman's Avatar
 
Texas Boomers Club
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Texas Upper Gulf Coast
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I don't care what Earlene says about you, Wayne. You are good for something. Laughs! And I bet your parents were married before you were born, too!

And that goes for your partners in crime, Possum and Moonrover, too.
I know Chuck and Herb belong in that gang, and sometimes maybe Tim, too.

But you have rounded up the three primary leaders.
__________________
Jne (RMV73)
with Tervs: Rex & Ranger in the
Flyin' Purple People Eagle
jnebowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:42 PM   #17728
Senior Member
 
chuckinthebus's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnebowman View Post
I know Chuck and Herb belong in that gang, and sometimes maybe Tim, too.

But you have rounded up the three primary leaders.
I've been playing 'ketchup'. Wayne, what have you done now that Herb and I are getting blamed for? jne, It wasn't me....
Healing Ommmms to those in need and welcome new members.
Skyboss, my SIL was in the hospital for 4-5 days from a tick bite a couple weeks ago and it started with similar symptoms.
__________________
Chuck, Sara (RVM 50.5) & Chopper (the fuzzy 1)
2003 DSDP w/2015 Jeep Wrangler, 2 Kayaks & 2 bikes. Living and Loving life.
RVM50
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:52 PM   #17729
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Hello, Mutant Peeps:

Welcome to the newbies, and health to the sickies. Don't you know that it's summer time? It's against the rules to be sick in the summer time!

I've started my new job (promotion from my old job), in a new city. The commute isn't too bad, but we're thinking about the dreaded M word. I swore we'd never move again after the last one, but we're thinking of downsizing and starting the process toward the R word. I like that one a lot better! So we're house hunting this weekend - wish us luck!

Peace and sweet dreams, mutant family.

G'night, John Boy!
Hoping you'll still be able to make Myrtle Beach in Sept. looking forward to meeting you!

Goodnight David, Goodnight Chet!
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:57 PM   #17730
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnebowman View Post
I know Chuck and Herb belong in that gang, and sometimes maybe Tim, too.
Your honor, my client has been wrongly accused of many things but being associated with the likes of this Mutant Bunch takes the Bacon!
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:18 PM   #17731
Senior Member
 
HerbnBarb's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Richland Hills, TX
Posts: 1,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnebowman View Post
I know Chuck and Herb belong in that gang, and sometimes maybe Tim, too.

But you have rounded up the three primary leaders.

Okay Ms. Bowman I will have you know that Chuck and I keep far enough away from Wayne so we don't get splattered by his antics! We are really angels in disguise.
__________________
'08 Winnebago Journey 39Z 350 Cummins w/ Freightliner Chassis, '14 Jeep Cherokee Trail Hawk
Herb n Barb, Abby, Molly, Gidget
HerbnBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:20 PM   #17732
Senior Member
 
HerbnBarb's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Richland Hills, TX
Posts: 1,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Your honor, my client has been wrongly accused of many things but being associated with the likes of this Mutant Bunch takes the Bacon!


Yeah what he said!
__________________
'08 Winnebago Journey 39Z 350 Cummins w/ Freightliner Chassis, '14 Jeep Cherokee Trail Hawk
Herb n Barb, Abby, Molly, Gidget
HerbnBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:47 AM   #17733
Senior Member
 
traveldogs's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Well...this a bit of blow by blow of things to date that I posted on my FB for friends and family. BTW...I welcome any of you to look at my FB and "friend" me if you wish at https://www.facebook.com/donald.moore.102

First, seems like the whole familty is in medical needs. Mom-in-Law, Sister-in-law's Mom & son and to top it all off, Sister-in-law found out she needs surgery for torn rotator cuff. SIGH!

Things started Sunday after we arrived at our RV park. I was feeling pretty good on the drive here but shortly after we got parked and I did our set ups I started feeling whimpy. I've really lost track of time with all the sleeping I have done but by Monday night my temp went up to 105*. I also had severe, bone chattering chills too. Tuesday Morning at about 3 am I got out of bed to go to the bathroom and suddenly passed out. I don't even remember hitting the floor but I came to with Sandee calling 911 for an ambulance. I talked her out of it (dumb men) and got back in bed.

We then took my temp later that morning and decided to go the hospital in Glascow, KY. They gave me a bag of fluids, took lots of blood samples including some for culturing to find if I have anything really nasty. The early tests indicated a mildly eleveate white blood cell count so that is reasonably good.

I suppose things are better but I may need to go back to the hospital today unless I can get enough fluids in me to avoid dehydration. I'm working on that now.

The good news is that we are located in a Cave County RV Park that we had hoped we would use to visit Mammoth Cave before I got sick. We orignally planned a day for that visit but that got shelved. The RV park management has been FANTASTIC! This is a busy campground that doesn't have a problem keeping most of the spot in use and they had to move some incomeing guests to different spots so that we didn't have to move around. They are keeping our spot off the reservation available list on a day by day basis until I am ready to leave.

The fever has subsided a quite bit but is still a bit of a roller coaster. It was 101* when I went to bed and I was comfortable enough to ditch all but the sheet and light weight blanket.

HOWEVER...at 3 am I started sweating so bad I felt like I was stepping out of a shower. Sandee got a couple blankets for me to lay between to get me off the wet sheets. The good news is that my temp was 99* and is now 98.6* so perhaps, with a little luck, I am off that roller coaster.

Sandee has taken EXCELLENT care of me. Lots of getting up through the mornings to fix the bed, replace sheets take my temp and make sure I take my meds.

Hopefully I'm on the mend...time for another bottle of water.
Taking you up on that Don. ....you got a Blues icon pictured on your FB page!

Hope you feel better soon, and don't have anything too serious!
__________________
2010 25' Class C Winnebago Access
2005 "Elly" Toad
Me: Cindy; RVM63; Tiny Dog Parade: Lilly, Charlotte & Binky
traveldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:50 AM   #17734
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Love it!
Thanks Marty.... I'm up for teaching if we ever get to do a face to face. I tend to buy all cotton anyway... when they get to stained to wear... I dye... then when the dyed ones are too stained... I re-tie-dye. Eventually they are mostly black. lol
__________________
RVM9
SylviaCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:08 AM   #17735
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 5,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviaCub View Post
Thanks Marty.... I'm up for teaching if we ever get to do a face to face. I tend to buy all cotton anyway... when they get to stained to wear... I dye... then when the dyed ones are too stained... I re-tie-dye. Eventually they are mostly black. lol
It sounds like you are one of the dye company's best customers. We used to use Rit dye back in the 60's because we could buy it at the grocery store. Is that what you use? I like your colors.
__________________
Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey, RVM Head Mascot) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie)
2011 Shasta Cynara 230F & 2012 Smart Car toad, 272 watt solar system
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 and loving it.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:11 AM   #17736
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 5,304
Ok, so the Mutant Mutt squad is Wayne, Possum, Moonrover, Herb, Chuck and Tim. Did I miss anyone?

Who let the dogs out? Ruff Ruff
__________________
Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey, RVM Head Mascot) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie)
2011 Shasta Cynara 230F & 2012 Smart Car toad, 272 watt solar system
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 and loving it.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:28 AM   #17737
Senior Dude
 
Dogpatch's Avatar


 
Forest River Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere, BC.
Posts: 5,576
Blog Entries: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Ok, so the Mutant Mutt squad is Wayne, Possum, Moonrover, Herb, Chuck and Tim. Did I miss anyone?

Who let the dogs out? Ruff Ruff
I'm gonna claim innocence!
__________________
Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:39 AM   #17738
Senior Dude
 
Dogpatch's Avatar


 
Forest River Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere, BC.
Posts: 5,576
Blog Entries: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Well...this a bit of blow by blow of things to date that I posted on my FB for friends and family. BTW...I welcome any of you to look at my FB and "friend" me if you wish at https://www.facebook.com/donald.moore.102

First, seems like the whole familty is in medical needs. Mom-in-Law, Sister-in-law's Mom & son and to top it all off, Sister-in-law found out she needs surgery for torn rotator cuff. SIGH!

Things started Sunday after we arrived at our RV park. I was feeling pretty good on the drive here but shortly after we got parked and I did our set ups I started feeling whimpy. I've really lost track of time with all the sleeping I have done but by Monday night my temp went up to 105*. I also had severe, bone chattering chills too. Tuesday Morning at about 3 am I got out of bed to go to the bathroom and suddenly passed out. I don't even remember hitting the floor but I came to with Sandee calling 911 for an ambulance. I talked her out of it (dumb men) and got back in bed.

We then took my temp later that morning and decided to go the hospital in Glascow, KY. They gave me a bag of fluids, took lots of blood samples including some for culturing to find if I have anything really nasty. The early tests indicated a mildly eleveate white blood cell count so that is reasonably good.

I suppose things are better but I may need to go back to the hospital today unless I can get enough fluids in me to avoid dehydration. I'm working on that now.

The good news is that we are located in a Cave County RV Park that we had hoped we would use to visit Mammoth Cave before I got sick. We orignally planned a day for that visit but that got shelved. The RV park management has been FANTASTIC! This is a busy campground that doesn't have a problem keeping most of the spot in use and they had to move some incomeing guests to different spots so that we didn't have to move around. They are keeping our spot off the reservation available list on a day by day basis until I am ready to leave.

The fever has subsided a quite bit but is still a bit of a roller coaster. It was 101* when I went to bed and I was comfortable enough to ditch all but the sheet and light weight blanket.

HOWEVER...at 3 am I started sweating so bad I felt like I was stepping out of a shower. Sandee got a couple blankets for me to lay between to get me off the wet sheets. The good news is that my temp was 99* and is now 98.6* so perhaps, with a little luck, I am off that roller coaster.

Sandee has taken EXCELLENT care of me. Lots of getting up through the mornings to fix the bed, replace sheets take my temp and make sure I take my meds.

Hopefully I'm on the mend...time for another bottle of water.
Man...that's a lot going on for you. I hope as well that you are on the mend.
__________________

__________________
Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.