Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2014, 08:48 PM   #17795

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
You got me salivating.... Making them tonight to go with the sams rotiss chucken, my homemade tater salad, and my homemade SNICKERDOODLES..... And homemade sugar free ice cream for Larry.....

Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!

C'n I come to dinner?

Made fresh redcurrant ice cream the other day, with a reduced amount of sugar. Mmm! It's Barbie pink! :0 The blackcurrants made a cordial -- yummy diluted with tonic water over ice.

More left to pick -- and no time! Leaving in the morning for the weekend rally.

Cheers!
Sue
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2014, 09:00 PM   #17796
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
Hi Sarah - thanks for your concern. The bone doctor says it's fully fused now and I just have to undergo more therapy. I'm sorry but the onion ring party's over - we've run out of them. Now getting ready to go to our FMCA chapter rally near Knoxville IL. That's always fun. It will also be the first outing of our new toad behind the rig.

TTFN
Glad you are improving, Martin. Enjoy your trip to Knoxville!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Onion ring makin's are going into the Rig tonight, and you can join us tomorrow up in Knoxville IL for summa dem rings. A rally is on!

Cheers!
Sue
Have fun, Sue. The rings look delicious!!
Old 06-19-2014, 10:00 PM   #17797

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviaCub View Post
Thanks for your service. Tie Dye does something to the spirit I think. I know the bright colors make me happy... The Jacquard kit will do about 8 adult size Ts with rainbow colors... probably the best way to start. The kit even has a DVD that shows simple ties and the spiral rainbow.
I spent 9 delightful days at Disney World in March 2013. To commemorate the trip I bought one of their shirts with a tie dye background. I wore it today because you reminded me I had it, thanks!

Hey, if any of you STMs plan to go to WDW between October and April, let me know. I have friends there that love to show others what Disney magic is all about. They showed me around and it was truly an amazing adventure.

They buy season passes, and go whenever they can, but they excell at giving novice Mousekteers the royal tour. They even took my power wheelchair home at night and kept it charged. (That was during the old rotten knees days.) Not once did I look at a park map, get lost or consult a timetable. They know all the tricks and shortcuts.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:31 PM   #17798

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I spent 9 delightful days at Disney World in March 2013. To commemorate the trip I bought one of their shirts with a tie dye background. I wore it today because you reminded me I had it, thanks!

Hey, if any of you STMs plan to go to WDW between October and April, let me know. I have friends there that love to show others what Disney magic is all about. They showed me around and it was truly an amazing adventure.

They buy season passes, and go whenever they can, but they excell at giving novice Mousekteers the royal tour. They even took my power wheelchair home at night and kept it charged. (That was during the old rotten knees days.) Not once did I look at a park map, get lost or consult a timetable. They know all the tricks and shortcuts.
Who's the leader of the band that's made for you and me....?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1403238675205.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	65787  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:40 PM   #17799

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post

Earth to Don and Sandee,
Well here's the brief update. Back in the hospital. Went to the hospital to have my back look at. Dr. found my heart in a-fib. Later chest x-ray showed I have pneumonia.

My blood cultures show nothing terribly out of order. Sonogram of heart came back negative for infection around the heart. Will meet cardiologist tomorrow and good chance I'll be released with some meds. I am actually feeling better than I have for a couple days.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 04:29 AM   #17800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Well here's the brief update. Back in the hospital. Went to the hospital to have my back look at. Dr. found my heart in a-fib. Later chest x-ray showed I have pneumonia.

My blood cultures show nothing terribly out of order. Sonogram of heart came back negative for infection around the heart. Will meet cardiologist tomorrow and good chance I'll be released with some meds. I am actually feeling better than I have for a couple days.

Thanks for the update.
Seems like the cause/effect has been isolated and you are on you way to real recovery. Ohms to you no matter what!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:31 AM   #17801

Fleetwood Owners Club
Don, glad to hear your on the mend.

Looks like tye dying will be a popular activity at next GC! Follow that up with a flower child party and we can show Dave what he missed!

Karaoke anyone! Singles, couples, groups! Start practicing now, some of us need it.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:16 AM   #17802

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Thanks for the update.
Seems like the cause/effect has been isolated and you are on you way to real recovery. Ohms to you no matter what!
It was kind of funny when the emergency room doctor was all prepping us for the heart issues that need to be checked. Later when she came back with a funny smile on her face and said, "Just got good news, you got pneumonia."

Guess it's a number one cause of a fib.

But now that I've had it, it's something to keep an eye on. The cardiologist will discuss the ramifications of whether this is an isolated situation or whether not I'm now more subject to suffering it. Time will tell.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:34 AM   #17803

Quote:

Some sounds good, some not so good... Ohms..... But at least you are feeling better.... Be sure and tell Cardiologist about the stress you are in..... He needs to know that too.....

Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:38 AM   #17804

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ok Don, and all you "ignore it and it will go away" people. This is one of those learning the hard way experiences. Don't mess around with your health. Imagine where Don would be now if he'd sought medical assistance when he first had symptoms. A temperature of 105* is not good for what brain cells we all have left now.

Waiting it out may have worked when you were young and had that Superman body, but we aren't as resilient now. PLEASE be more careful. I can only plant so many memorial trees.

Don, serious healing Ohmmmms headed your direction. Listen to Sandee and your doctors and get back into bike racing form ASAP. There's a shadow on your end of the rainbow. I'm ready to see it glowing again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:40 AM   #17805

Sky ..
For evermore your chest x-rays will have a shadow of a suspicious spot that will get mention by the docs. Since '74 I've had to re-educate various docs that did not look over my records before going into orbit over my chest x-ray.

Great that you are mending and getting shot with the best chemistry. Takes a while for the "tired" feeling to go away after a bout with pneumonia.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:31 AM   #17806

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviaCub View Post
Thanks! Not really best customer just a repeat customer. No. I get either Jacquard tie dye kits (because they have the applicator bottles) or I get Procion Fiber reactive dye from Dharma Trading. They are "cold" water dyes so they don't require hot water like Rit does. They require urea and super washing soda... and 24 hours set time to get the best color (or you can nuke it for a minute or two in the microwave.) I typically get Yellow, Magenta and Turquoise along with Black. The purple, orange, green is a result of on fabric mixing, though you can mix a bottle of dye if you want.
Oooo....when we do the next GC, I'll remember to bring you a batch of dye stuff I bought from DTC awhile back and never used. You are welcome to it. Or it could get contributed to a GC class? That would be fun...
traveldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:42 AM   #17807

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Sarah: great pics....glad you had fun!

Welcome Rusty and Kelly!!

Don: happy that you found the problem. ...now get better!
traveldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:49 AM   #17808

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
It was kind of funny when the emergency room doctor was all prepping us for the heart issues that need to be checked. Later when she came back with a funny smile on her face and said, "Just got good news, you got pneumonia."

Guess it's a number one cause of a fib.

But now that I've had it, it's something to keep an eye on. The cardiologist will discuss the ramifications of whether this is an isolated situation or whether not I'm now more subject to suffering it. Time will tell.
Don, we are so glad you are feeling better. Take care of yourself. Rest. Play with Gunner and Thor. Kiss Sandy. Eat chicken soup. Dwell on things beautiful. You're one in 83 and good RVMs gotta take care of themselves!
jnebowman is offline   Reply With Quote