Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2014, 04:07 PM   #18117

Mercy sakes !! Our most planned trip ever.

Being on a tight time line and traveling over the 4th of July with grandkids (along with 1/2 of the people in the states of Arizona and Colorado), we decided that we should probably make reservations this time. Usually we "wing it", but the Grand Canyon and the Durango area are summer destinations for sure.

So . . . . . . . Reservations in Williams, AZ June 30 - - July 4 for CG
Reservations at the Grand Plaza Resort near the south rim of Grand Canyon July 2nd
Reservations at Priest Gulch Campground in Dolores, Co July 5th and 6th (dang we missed the riverside sites)
Reservations in Durango, CO July 7th and 8th
Reservations for the train ride in Durango on the 8th
Then . . . . . we're "winging it" in the Colorado Springs area
for the Pike's Peak experience July 10th

We are geeked and the grandkids are stoked. The 8 year old asks about 50 questions each time we see him. Pictures sometime in the future for the "Second Ever Grand Kid Getaway". or
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2014, 04:28 PM   #18118

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Well...I think I see the rainbow ahead again. LOL Saw a doctor today for a checkup on my progress and it looks like we are back on the road tomorrow.

I'm a tad tired still but the doc said that was entirely normal, just take it easy. So, we should get out of here around 11 am, motor along about 3 hours to just south of Indianapolis and spend a night there. Friday we get an early start for a 3 hour drive to get to Elkhart, IN to have our sofa removed and recliner installed. After that we have about a 2 hour drive to Charlotte, MI and being ready for our Monday service appointment. We expect to be there 2-3 days.

Time to start looking up Jeff and Marcia! Not sure I am going to be much of a party animal but good company always helps one feel better.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:45 PM   #18119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Well...I think I see the rainbow ahead again. LOL Saw a doctor today for a checkup on my progress and it looks like we are back on the road tomorrow.

I'm a tad tired still but the doc said that was entirely normal, just take it easy. So, we should get out of here around 11 am, motor along about 3 hours to just south of Indianapolis and spend a night there. Friday we get an early start for a 3 hour drive to get to Elkhart, IN to have our sofa removed and recliner installed. After that we have about a 2 hour drive to Charlotte, MI and being ready for our Monday service appointment. We expect to be there 2-3 days.

Time to start looking up Jeff and Marcia! Not sure I am going to be much of a party animal but good company always helps one feel better.

Whew! You had us all worried, of course. So glad to hear it's good news this time!

Travel safe on your newly refreshed rainbow!

Cheers!
Sue

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
Old 06-25-2014, 04:51 PM   #18120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Being on a tight time line and traveling over the 4th of July with grandkids (along with 1/2 of the people in the states of Arizona and Colorado), we decided that we should probably make reservations this time. Usually we "wing it", but the Grand Canyon and the Durango area are summer destinations for sure.

Reservations at the Grand Plaza Resort near the south rim of Grand Canyon July 2nd
Reservations at Priest Gulch Campground in Dolores, Co July 5th and 6th (dang we missed the riverside sites)

We are geeked and the grandkids are stoked. The 8 year old asks about 50 questions each time we see him. Pictures sometime in the future for the "Second Ever Grand Kid Getaway". or

Are you by any chance taking the train to the rim from Williams? It's a hoot! A gang on horseback gallops up and boards the train, robbing the passengers, the sheriff comes along looking for them, and there's an entertainer playing the guitar and singing through the cars.

Kids love it! So did we. In any case, have a fantabulous time! Memories in the making.

Cheers!
Sue

Old 06-25-2014, 05:16 PM   #18121

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Don,

It's good to hear you are officially better. Please don't over do until you are ALL healthy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:49 PM   #18122

Ended up skipping the second park and heading home due to crappy weather. A tornado did touch down not far from where we were yesterday. It was supposed to clear up this morning, but then the forecast was changed to more thunderstorms and heavy rain for the next 2 days. meh! On the plus side, I was very happy with the performance of our new WD hitch. Made the driving much more enjoyable.
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:01 PM   #18123

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Don,

It's good to hear you are officially better. Please don't over do until you are ALL healthy.
X 2 - great news Don!!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:34 PM   #18124

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Don,

X3 from here too Don.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:40 PM   #18125

[QUOTE=Suspinz;2110376] Are you by any chance taking the train to the rim from Williams? It's a hoot! A gang on horseback gallops up and boards the train, robbing the passengers, the sheriff comes along looking for them, and there's an entertainer playing the guitar and singing through the cars.

Kids love it! So did we. In any case, have a fantabulous time! Memories in the making.

Cheers!
Sue

Sue, unfortunately my back and heart problems don't allow me to walk too far. We figured that the shuttle bus at the "big ditch" just wouldn't get me close enough to the places I needed to get to. When we took the family to Disney World, I rented a power chair to be part of the group. It worked out really, really well. Let me know if anyone wants to know about power chairs at DW.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:12 PM   #18126

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
[QUOTE=Papawto5;2110525]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Are you by any chance taking the train to the rim from Williams? It's a hoot! A gang on horseback gallops up and boards the train, robbing the passengers, the sheriff comes along looking for them, and there's an entertainer playing the guitar and singing through the cars.

Cheers!
Sue

Sue, unfortunately my back and heart problems don't allow me to walk too far. We figured that the shuttle bus at the "big ditch" just wouldn't get me close enough to the places I needed to get to. When we took the family to Disney World, I rented a power chair to be part of the group. It worked out really, really well. Let me know if anyone wants to know about power chairs at DW.
Steve - I can supplement your expose of power chairs with a chapter on wheelie bars and crossing from pavement to grass.... still a bit of a tinge in my left rib LOL and 😎 💥
Old 06-25-2014, 09:18 PM   #18127

[QUOTE=Papawto5;2110525]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post

Cheers!
Sue

Steve, our memory is that the shuttle takes you almost to the edge at most stops. Check it out when you get there. Or maybe Google a map of the routes ahead of time.

Cheers!
Sue

Old 06-25-2014, 10:15 PM   #18128
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post

Wow, your itinerary makes me tired just reading!! Have a great time; your grandkids will always have these special memories.

Remember that Priest Gulch is a "fur piece" from any stores, so make sure you are provisioned up! (And don't forget the marshmallows for the campfire!)
Old 06-25-2014, 10:17 PM   #18129
Moderator Emeritus

Hey Steve!! I didn't want to "chat" in the Romanichel memorial thread, but you can use Google Translate to read his obit if you are so inclined. (The website has an "English" button but I couldn't get it to work.) At any rate, I just quoted Martina's post of his obit.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:36 PM   #18130

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Hey Steve!! I didn't want to "chat" in the Romanichel memorial thread, but you can use Google Translate to read his obit if you are so inclined. (The website has an "English" button but I couldn't get it to work.) At any rate, I just quoted Martina's post of his obit.
I tried it too. I was genuinely interested and had read his posts now and again and was just taken by surprise. It's just so sad that he was so close to grabbing the ring. I tried to read it but my French is older than Possum. Guess I will never know. Feeling sad. I have never used the translation thing so I'm really looking forward to retiring and learning these cool things.