Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-25-2014, 11:17 PM   #18131
Moderator Emeritus
 
SarahW's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: In a lawnchair
Posts: 11,201
Hey Steve!! I didn't want to "chat" in the Romanichel memorial thread, but you can use Google Translate to read his obit if you are so inclined. (The website has an "English" button but I couldn't get it to work.) At any rate, I just quoted Martina's post of his obit.
__________________

__________________
Sarah (RVM69), Hubby, and Harry the RVin' Dog
.......2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C | 2012 Jeep Wrangler

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2014, 11:36 PM   #18132
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Hey Steve!! I didn't want to "chat" in the Romanichel memorial thread, but you can use Google Translate to read his obit if you are so inclined. (The website has an "English" button but I couldn't get it to work.) At any rate, I just quoted Martina's post of his obit.
I tried it too. I was genuinely interested and had read his posts now and again and was just taken by surprise. It's just so sad that he was so close to grabbing the ring. I tried to read it but my French is older than Possum. Guess I will never know. Feeling sad. I have never used the translation thing so I'm really looking forward to retiring and learning these cool things.
__________________

__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:38 PM   #18133
Moderator Emeritus
 
SarahW's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: In a lawnchair
Posts: 11,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I tried it too. I was genuinely interested and had read his posts now and again and was just taken by surprise. It's just so sad that he was so close to grabbing the ring. I tried to read it but my French is older than Possum. Guess I will never know. Feeling sad. I have never used the translation thing so I'm really looking forward to retiring and learning these cool things.
Just copy the text you want to translate into this ... https://translate.google.com/ , then click "Translate." Easy-peasy. I could muddle through the obit in my high-school French, but I'm iffy. I was really surprised to hear of his death, too.
__________________
Sarah (RVM69), Hubby, and Harry the RVin' Dog
.......2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C | 2012 Jeep Wrangler

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:15 AM   #18134
Senior Member
 
Dwayne & Shara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: on the rainbow
Posts: 1,339
Ok time for a check in hope all are well shara has a doctor's appointment tomorrow finally. And we got a new ride
__________________
Time is life! money is just a tool. how much of your life is a tool worth?

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:17 AM   #18135
Senior Member
 
Dwayne & Shara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: on the rainbow
Posts: 1,339
See ain't she beautiful
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1403777819240.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	66198  
__________________
Time is life! money is just a tool. how much of your life is a tool worth?

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:11 AM   #18136
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 5,319
Dwayne and Shara,

I know zero about motorcycles, except that you'll have fun on that one. Fingers crossed that Shara's Dr visit goes well.

Hugs!
__________________
Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey, RVM Head Mascot) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie)
2011 Shasta Cynara 230F & 2012 Smart Car toad, 272 watt solar system
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 and loving it.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:41 AM   #18137
Senior Dude
 
Dogpatch's Avatar


 
Forest River Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere, BC.
Posts: 5,576
Blog Entries: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Well...I think I see the rainbow ahead again. LOL Saw a doctor today for a checkup on my progress and it looks like we are back on the road tomorrow.

I'm a tad tired still but the doc said that was entirely normal, just take it easy. So, we should get out of here around 11 am, motor along about 3 hours to just south of Indianapolis and spend a night there. Friday we get an early start for a 3 hour drive to get to Elkhart, IN to have our sofa removed and recliner installed. After that we have about a 2 hour drive to Charlotte, MI and being ready for our Monday service appointment. We expect to be there 2-3 days.

Time to start looking up Jeff and Marcia! Not sure I am going to be much of a party animal but good company always helps one feel better.
Hey Don,

Glad to see you are on the mend. Try not to be too busy and overdo it.

Yes meeting with Jeff and Marcia will likely help you feel better, however anyone with a Beaver (coach) would likely do the same! LOL
__________________
Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:14 AM   #18138
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
See ain't she beautiful
Wow! One question, Will it fit in the back of your truck?


Hope Drs visit goes well.
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:17 AM   #18139
Senior Member
 
Suspinz's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 3,688
R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
See ain't she beautiful

Oh my! Gorgeous! How long do you reckon she'll stay that shiny? Does she have that new bike smell?

Best of luck and many ohhhmmmms for Shara's back. With my own set of back problems, I'm fully aware of what the pain level can be! She has all my sympathy.

Cheers!
Sue


Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
PS: Don't y'all dare leave those helmets off! Former therapist speaking. Nagging.
__________________
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
'16 Thor Tuscany 45 AT & '14 Jeep Cherokee; 2 bikes, 1 kayak, 1 walking stick. Feline furface Betsy Alopicia. Yes, the journey IS the destination!
Suspinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:39 AM   #18140
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Jeff, I think the saving and never throwing all came from the era our parents grew up in. Everything was saved and used or saved and re-purposed.
The last time I was out in my Dads shop, I found 6 big coffee cans of somewhat straightened nails waiting for re-use!

We have the same daunting cleaning out task to do now what my Mom has passed.
I agree. The 20s-late 40s were lean times and the government encouraged people to do a lot of repurposing, reusing, remaking, etc. And some folks learned to keep things, buttons, metal, electrical cords... 'just in case I might need them.'

I hope you don't throw away any valuable treasure that just happens to look like junk to you.
__________________
RVM9
SylviaCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:37 PM   #18141
Senior Member
 
PTJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,923
Hello my beloved Mutant people,

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement, no we didn't discard anything that was valuable, Marcia and I have tramped many places and shops and malls all antique related and Dad didn't have any if those. Stacks of old rusted pipe, stacks and end pieces of cut wood planks, 40 years of sawdust to sweep up and wet moldy carpet pieces broken glass, old furniture that was beyond repair, broken tabogans that I remember how they got broken. There were lots of, "oh I remember that" and of course "what the heck is that" and some tools that were so rusted that there was no use in keeping them. But there were also found treasures and many "I wondered where that went" moments also. Now mom can park in the garage and not worry about scratching her car and the things that need to be out of sight are securely stationed in the work shop. Dad was never one to put things away when he was done with it but everything now is back in place and organized, there are only a few more things to do and that job will be done. Thank you all for your comments and concerns they have been very helpful. I am greatful for the friendships we have made here in the mutanthood .

Y'all be careful out there .....

Cheers !!!!!
__________________
Jeff & Marcia .... RVM 39
2000 Beaver Patriot 425 Thunder 40'
2008 Jeep Wrangler X
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:50 PM   #18142
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hello my beloved Mutant people,

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement, no we didn't discard anything that was valuable, Marcia and I have tramped many places and shops and malls all antique related and Dad didn't have any if those. Stacks of old rusted pipe, stacks and end pieces of cut wood planks, 40 years of sawdust to sweep up and wet moldy carpet pieces broken glass, old furniture that was beyond repair, broken tabogans that I remember how they got broken. There were lots of, "oh I remember that" and of course "what the heck is that" and some tools that were so rusted that there was no use in keeping them. But there were also found treasures and many "I wondered where that went" moments also. Now mom can park in the garage and not worry about scratching her car and the things that need to be out of sight are securely stationed in the work shop. Dad was never one to put things away when he was done with it but everything now is back in place and organized, there are only a few more things to do and that job will be done. Thank you all for your comments and concerns they have been very helpful. I am greatful for the friendships we have made here in the mutanthood .

Y'all be careful out there .....

Cheers !!!!!
Well Jeff - I had already set my DVR to record all new Antique Roadshow episodes in case you were on it.. alas you came out about like I did when mom and dad passed away. Everything was priceless - especially the memories - nothing the roadshow was interested in. And ya know - that was just fine with me. I would not change the memories of them for all the sweet tea in the south. 😀

Good to hear from ya - I have been sick and sleeping most of the past two days believe it or not. Just terrible head ache and no energy - scratchy sore throat - burning eyes - and runny nose. Sounds like allergies except the sleeping part.... Annie got to Illinois in time to be sick too. Geesh... I owe ya call and when I fell better your phone will ring.

Hi Marcia!
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:03 PM   #18143
Senior Member
 
Suspinz's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 3,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Well Jeff - I had already set my DVR to record all new Antique Roadshow episodes in case you were on it.. alas you came out about like I did when mom and dad passed away. Everything was priceless - especially the memories - nothing the roadshow was interested in. And ya know - that was just fine with me. I would not change the memories of them for all the sweet tea in the south. 😀

Good to hear from ya - I have been sick and sleeping most of the past two days believe it or not. Just terrible head ache and no energy - scratchy sore throat - burning eyes - and runny nose. Sounds like allergies except the sleeping part.... Annie got to Illinois in time to be sick too. Geesh... I owe ya call and when I fell better your phone will ring.

Hi Marcia!

Sorry to hear you've both been under the weather! Could this be a flu? Take good care of yourself and, I guess, be sure to keep drinkin' that responsible driver beverage: water.

Ohhhmmm! And another for Annie. Ohhhmmm!

Cheers!
Sue
__________________
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
'16 Thor Tuscany 45 AT & '14 Jeep Cherokee; 2 bikes, 1 kayak, 1 walking stick. Feline furface Betsy Alopicia. Yes, the journey IS the destination!
Suspinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:06 PM   #18144
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Sorry to hear you've both been under the weather! Could this be a flu? Take good care of yourself and, I guess, be sure to keep drinkin' that responsible driver beverage: water.

Ohhhmmm! And another for Annie. Ohhhmmm!

Cheers!
Sue
Lordy my experience with flu says no way... but maybe a pedestrian strain - I don't know. After having the swine flu I'm reluctant to refer to anything as a flu these days....

Thanks for the Ommms Sue! Now I have to go back to work. Eek. And my head is pounding.
__________________

__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 10 (6 members and 4 guests)
flaggship1, geocacher, MartySQ, Possum, rezman, romin roman
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.