Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2014, 10:38 PM   #18131
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I tried it too. I was genuinely interested and had read his posts now and again and was just taken by surprise. It's just so sad that he was so close to grabbing the ring. I tried to read it but my French is older than Possum. Guess I will never know. Feeling sad. I have never used the translation thing so I'm really looking forward to retiring and learning these cool things.
Just copy the text you want to translate into this ... https://translate.google.com/ , then click "Translate." Easy-peasy. I could muddle through the obit in my high-school French, but I'm iffy. I was really surprised to hear of his death, too.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2014, 04:15 AM   #18132

Ok time for a check in hope all are well shara has a doctor's appointment tomorrow finally. And we got a new ride

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:17 AM   #18133

See ain't she beautiful
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1403777819240.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	66198  

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:11 AM   #18134

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dwayne and Shara,

I know zero about motorcycles, except that you'll have fun on that one. Fingers crossed that Shara's Dr visit goes well.

Hugs!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:41 AM   #18135
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Well...I think I see the rainbow ahead again. LOL Saw a doctor today for a checkup on my progress and it looks like we are back on the road tomorrow.

I'm a tad tired still but the doc said that was entirely normal, just take it easy. So, we should get out of here around 11 am, motor along about 3 hours to just south of Indianapolis and spend a night there. Friday we get an early start for a 3 hour drive to get to Elkhart, IN to have our sofa removed and recliner installed. After that we have about a 2 hour drive to Charlotte, MI and being ready for our Monday service appointment. We expect to be there 2-3 days.

Time to start looking up Jeff and Marcia! Not sure I am going to be much of a party animal but good company always helps one feel better.
Hey Don,

Glad to see you are on the mend. Try not to be too busy and overdo it.

Yes meeting with Jeff and Marcia will likely help you feel better, however anyone with a Beaver (coach) would likely do the same! LOL
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:14 AM   #18136

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
See ain't she beautiful
Wow! One question, Will it fit in the back of your truck?

Hope Drs visit goes well.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:17 AM   #18137

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
See ain't she beautiful

Oh my! Gorgeous! How long do you reckon she'll stay that shiny? Does she have that new bike smell?

Best of luck and many ohhhmmmms for Shara's back. With my own set of back problems, I'm fully aware of what the pain level can be! She has all my sympathy.

Cheers!
Sue

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
PS: Don't y'all dare leave those helmets off! Former therapist speaking. Nagging.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:39 AM   #18138

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Jeff, I think the saving and never throwing all came from the era our parents grew up in. Everything was saved and used or saved and re-purposed.
The last time I was out in my Dads shop, I found 6 big coffee cans of somewhat straightened nails waiting for re-use!

We have the same daunting cleaning out task to do now what my Mom has passed.
I agree. The 20s-late 40s were lean times and the government encouraged people to do a lot of repurposing, reusing, remaking, etc. And some folks learned to keep things, buttons, metal, electrical cords... 'just in case I might need them.'

I hope you don't throw away any valuable treasure that just happens to look like junk to you.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:37 AM   #18139

Hello my beloved Mutant people,

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement, no we didn't discard anything that was valuable, Marcia and I have tramped many places and shops and malls all antique related and Dad didn't have any if those. Stacks of old rusted pipe, stacks and end pieces of cut wood planks, 40 years of sawdust to sweep up and wet moldy carpet pieces broken glass, old furniture that was beyond repair, broken tabogans that I remember how they got broken. There were lots of, "oh I remember that" and of course "what the heck is that" and some tools that were so rusted that there was no use in keeping them. But there were also found treasures and many "I wondered where that went" moments also. Now mom can park in the garage and not worry about scratching her car and the things that need to be out of sight are securely stationed in the work shop. Dad was never one to put things away when he was done with it but everything now is back in place and organized, there are only a few more things to do and that job will be done. Thank you all for your comments and concerns they have been very helpful. I am greatful for the friendships we have made here in the mutanthood .

Y'all be careful out there .....

Cheers !!!!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:50 AM   #18140

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hello my beloved Mutant people,

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement, no we didn't discard anything that was valuable, Marcia and I have tramped many places and shops and malls all antique related and Dad didn't have any if those. Stacks of old rusted pipe, stacks and end pieces of cut wood planks, 40 years of sawdust to sweep up and wet moldy carpet pieces broken glass, old furniture that was beyond repair, broken tabogans that I remember how they got broken. There were lots of, "oh I remember that" and of course "what the heck is that" and some tools that were so rusted that there was no use in keeping them. But there were also found treasures and many "I wondered where that went" moments also. Now mom can park in the garage and not worry about scratching her car and the things that need to be out of sight are securely stationed in the work shop. Dad was never one to put things away when he was done with it but everything now is back in place and organized, there are only a few more things to do and that job will be done. Thank you all for your comments and concerns they have been very helpful. I am greatful for the friendships we have made here in the mutanthood .

Y'all be careful out there .....

Cheers !!!!!
Well Jeff - I had already set my DVR to record all new Antique Roadshow episodes in case you were on it.. alas you came out about like I did when mom and dad passed away. Everything was priceless - especially the memories - nothing the roadshow was interested in. And ya know - that was just fine with me. I would not change the memories of them for all the sweet tea in the south. 😀

Good to hear from ya - I have been sick and sleeping most of the past two days believe it or not. Just terrible head ache and no energy - scratchy sore throat - burning eyes - and runny nose. Sounds like allergies except the sleeping part.... Annie got to Illinois in time to be sick too. Geesh... I owe ya call and when I fell better your phone will ring.

Hi Marcia!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:03 PM   #18141

Quote:
Well Jeff - I had already set my DVR to record all new Antique Roadshow episodes in case you were on it.. alas you came out about like I did when mom and dad passed away. Everything was priceless - especially the memories - nothing the roadshow was interested in. And ya know - that was just fine with me. I would not change the memories of them for all the sweet tea in the south. 😀

Good to hear from ya - I have been sick and sleeping most of the past two days believe it or not. Just terrible head ache and no energy - scratchy sore throat - burning eyes - and runny nose. Sounds like allergies except the sleeping part.... Annie got to Illinois in time to be sick too. Geesh... I owe ya call and when I fell better your phone will ring.

Hi Marcia!

Sorry to hear you've both been under the weather! Could this be a flu? Take good care of yourself and, I guess, be sure to keep drinkin' that responsible driver beverage: water.

Ohhhmmm! And another for Annie. Ohhhmmm!

Cheers!
Sue
Old 06-26-2014, 12:06 PM   #18142

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Sorry to hear you've both been under the weather! Could this be a flu? Take good care of yourself and, I guess, be sure to keep drinkin' that responsible driver beverage: water.

Ohhhmmm! And another for Annie. Ohhhmmm!

Cheers!
Sue
Lordy my experience with flu says no way... but maybe a pedestrian strain - I don't know. After having the swine flu I'm reluctant to refer to anything as a flu these days....

Thanks for the Ommms Sue! Now I have to go back to work. Eek. And my head is pounding.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:10 PM   #18143

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
2 X Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmssssssss
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:11 PM   #18144

Quote:
Lordy my experience with flu says no way... but maybe a pedestrian strain - I don't know. After having the swine flu I'm reluctant to refer to anything as a flu these days....

Thanks for the Ommms Sue! Now I have to go back to work. Eek. And my head is pounding.

Do ya hafta? Go to work sick? You can't rest up thataway! And don't you go sharing it around now!

Apologies for using the F(lu) word, although it sounds like an upper respiratory type to me (expert that I am -- not!) Keep drinkin', anyhow.

Cheers!
Sue