Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2014, 08:28 AM   #18215
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
This is where we are headed to today for our maiden voyage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	265.2 KB
ID:	66329  
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2014, 08:30 AM   #18216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Good morning ya'll...... Think there were a lot of night owls....... As we were goin to bed, an Opposum was in the tree right behind my deck..... Dont like that neighbor as playmate to pups, Anyone have ideas on how to rin him off...... Btw, we are in city limits but Larry has a pretty strong bb pistol....

Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Opossums are nocturnal creatures. So are coons and skunks. We have had coon and skunk invasions before. I just use a live box trap with some caned cat food in it. Works good and if you catch you own pet you can just let it go. Although they usually won't go in a second time. Then I take them to a park in town which is on a river. When you turn them coons loose they hit the water on a run, and never to be seen again. Skunks are a little more of a problem to get out of a live trap. It can get very stinky if you are not careful. Possums are no problem as I have caught a few of them. Some city animal controll people will trap them for you. A BB gun is not very effective on a possum. They are very tough, and you think you got him, but he's just playing possum, or just himself as he don't have to play what he already is. Happy hunting Diane!
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 08:31 AM   #18217

Di, I enjoyed the creative fencing you put together for your mom. She didn't have to feel isolated from the family while she stayed flat to recover...a good morale booster.

How's she doing this morning? And you? Continuing Ohhhmmms.

Cheers!
Sue
Old 06-28-2014, 08:32 AM   #18218
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Here's the lake we go to.

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1403965898.048959.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	449.8 KB
ID:	66330
Old 06-28-2014, 08:35 AM   #18219

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Here's the lake we go to.

Attachment 66330

OMGosh how gorgeous is that! In that light, it looks very serene. Have a great time!

Cheers!
Sue
Old 06-28-2014, 08:58 AM   #18220

Quote:
With general store and beauty shop!
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:17 AM   #18221
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
With general store and beauty shop!
And a partridge in a pear tree! LOL

What does it matter on the amenities? No beauty shop but it does have the main essential....A liquor store!
None of us can call what we do roughing it anyways. We call it "Glamping".
Old 06-28-2014, 11:31 AM   #18222

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Hi All!

Hope those of you who are on trips are enjoying yourselves...hope those of you sick are getting well...hope those of you caring for elderly relatives are not feeling too much pain.

I am home...the trip back was uneventful...except for the stop in Tucumcari, NM where I had to actually stay at a campground; Cactus RV Park, which was delightful, but the city itself was a shocker; it's just "this" close to being a ghost town. Years ago I was through there, and thought it a quaint and charming place; my how the economy affects some places.

And in Gallup, NM...again someone ask me for $...just like in Grants, NM on my way out. However, this time it was a young man, instead of an old drunk. I could tell he was NOT high on anything, and just down on his luck. Plus, he gratefully accepted a meal that I bought him at MCDs instead of just handing him cash. That tells me he was sincere.

Anyway, I'm still having issues with my macerator. So I went to my local Camping World and asked how much to change it back to a regular 3" but "see thru" hose, with an automatic back-flush. $550.00 was the answer.

Jake thinks the motor might be bad in the macerator, so if I gotta fix that...I might as well get it changed back...and into what I really want.

IDK if CW is the best place to have that done; I should probably get a few estimates, and have a few more conversations about it with some experts. After all Mesa, AZ is the RV capital of this side of the world!

Oooohhmmms to All!
traveldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:32 AM   #18223

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
That's Lunch.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1403976747105.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	66335  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:34 AM   #18224

Lol.... I have never ever lived in the country..... Opossums are scary looking to me.....

Mama doing well. Went to her home today....
Pups were good with her... LitaBit was her protector last year when she had it. QTπ would get into the pen with her by going under the couch, but is too small to get on couch yet.....

And Larry did the pen..... Lol... I cannot take the credit... But it worked well....
And mama loved it....

Now i am going kayak shopping.... Always wanted one when we were whitewater canoeing, years ago... Still have 1 canoe, but it us so heavy... Any suggestions?

Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:05 PM   #18225

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Lol.... I have never ever lived in the country..... Opossums are scary looking to me.....

Mama doing well. Went to her home today....
Pups were good with her... LitaBit was her protector last year when she had it. QTπ would get into the pen with her by going under the couch, but is too small to get on couch yet.....

And Larry did the pen..... Lol... I cannot take the credit... But it worked well....
And mama loved it....

Now i am going kayak shopping.... Always wanted one when we were whitewater canoeing, years ago... Still have 1 canoe, but it us so heavy... Any suggestions?

Yes....I like the "Sit on Top" kayak. I got to try one in Hawaii years ago. Some are called "Ocean Kayak."

They don't have a hole cut out on the top, but rather it's all open with molded spaces set so many inches apart for the heels of your feet. There is quite a range for short, or tall people. this is the reason I like this kayak...no restrictions. I find that the ones with the holes on top are very restricting in that you can't move around and adjust yourself, then my legs fall asleep, and my back starts to hurt.

Also, I like to get wet when I'm either kayaking or canoeing. The sit-on-top has holes going thru to the water so you can both splash yourself when hot, and let the excess water run thru back into the water you are in. So if you have to ah...let out your ah...own "water," you can do that too

And yes...there's places to tie down gear, or dogs.
traveldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:48 PM   #18226

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Good morning ya'll...... Think there were a lot of night owls....... As we were goin to bed, an Opposum was in the tree right behind my deck..... Dont like that neighbor as playmate to pups, Anyone have ideas on how to rin him off...... Btw, we are in city limits but Larry has a pretty strong bb pistol....

Get rid of the food sources. Bird feeders nearby? leaving dog food out? I had one who would come up onto the deck ( 2nd story) and climb up onto the railing and eat the cat food. quit leaving the cat food out, the possum quit climbing up for a free meal. Have a friend who had one cleaning up under her bird feeders, she trapped it and released it out of town.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:55 PM   #18227

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Dogpatch... where is Mabel Park? That looks right up Bob's alley!
Old 06-28-2014, 01:18 PM   #18228

Vintage RV Owners Club
I have been thinking of getting a sit on type kayak also... but the kind that fits like a jigsaw so it can fit 1 or 2 folks... it comes in 3 hard plastic molded pieces so it would be easier to manage for just me or find places to store since our RV doesn't have a basement or those storage lockers outside like the big A type RVs.