Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2014, 02:48 PM   #18229
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
And a partridge in a pear tree! LOL

What does it matter on the amenities? No beauty shop but it does have the main essential....A liquor store!
None of us can call what we do roughing it anyways. We call it "Glamping".
Les, Dennis (possum) said that beauty shops would not help you, so you will not miss one for not being there.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2014, 03:04 PM   #18230

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Get rid of the food sources. Bird feeders nearby? leaving dog food out? I had one who would come up onto the deck ( 2nd story) and climb up onto the railing and eat the cat food. quit leaving the cat food out, the possum quit climbing up for a free meal. Have a friend who had one cleaning up under her bird feeders, she trapped it and released it out of town.

Thanks Marty....
There is no food outside, no bird feeders, but we will try leaving the spotlights on a few nights....

After reading on yahoo from Sue and Barb, i Think i am going with a sit in Ascent D10 from BassPro..... But will go and sit in one and see.
Saw those modular ones... Those are really neat.....

Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:13 PM   #18231

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Howdy Muteys!
Been absent for a few days gettin ready for our summer trip. Tim, I've been reading your posts bout spending money on the coach and how much fun it is. I feel your pain buddy.

Took Jenny in to CW for full service and on the way the engine overheats! Buzzer on and wondering what's going on so I stop at a station and shut it off. Upon inspection the reservoir is bone dry. So I go inside and purchase two gal. of coolant and it swallows it up. Back for two more gallons and it swallows that up too! Now I'm scratching my head wondering where all the coolant went. Sooooo, back for a third time for two more gal. and finally the reservoir fills up. So I crank up the engine and go back to see if there is a leak somewhere. Sure enough a steady drip coming out the bottom off the engine. Now I'm thinkin this can't be good. Leak isn't around the radiator but further back. When I get up to CW and it's up on the rack, I see the steady drip on the driver side of the block at the bottom of the engine where a plate is bolted on the side. I'm hoping it's just a bad seal. Have to try and get it in the shop somewhere on Monday because this boat is supposed to be in Panama City Beach by Sunday July 6th or we are gonna have an upset grand daughter and grandparents. Oh the joys of full timing.
Old 06-28-2014, 03:51 PM   #18232

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^ Herb - keep us in the loop on loosing fluids. That's not a good thing... Sorry to hear of that. Hopefully nothing serious and you'll be on schedule.

Just remember - it's all part of the journey! Good to hear from you. I've missed your morning / evening mutey moments.

Steve and Annie
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:52 PM   #18233

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Howdy Muteys!
Been absent for a few days gettin ready for our summer trip. Tim, I've been reading your posts bout spending money on the coach and how much fun it is. I feel your pain buddy.

Took Jenny in to CW for full service and on the way the engine overheats! Buzzer on and wondering what's going on so I stop at a station and shut it off. Upon inspection the reservoir is bone dry. So I go inside and purchase two gal. of coolant and it swallows it up. Back for two more gallons and it swallows that up too! Now I'm scratching my head wondering where all the coolant went. Sooooo, back for a third time for two more gal. and finally the reservoir fills up. So I crank up the engine and go back to see if there is a leak somewhere. Sure enough a steady drip coming out the bottom off the engine. Now I'm thinkin this can't be good. Leak isn't around the radiator but further back. When I get up to CW and it's up on the rack, I see the steady drip on the driver side of the block at the bottom of the engine where a plate is bolted on the side. I'm hoping it's just a bad seal. Have to try and get it in the shop somewhere on Monday because this boat is supposed to be in Panama City Beach by Sunday July 6th or we are gonna have an upset grand daughter and grandparents. Oh the joys of full timing.
OUCH!

Here is hoping its miner and a quick fix! Have a safe trip!
Old 06-28-2014, 04:02 PM   #18234

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Tim and Mary, so sorry to hear of the mishap. Some healing Ohhmmms Mary's way and some prayers also.

I'd be interested to know the statistics on safety testing of Jeeps and what their crash survival potential is.

We are headed East (NE) also, so how far East do you plan on going?
Mary seems to be feeling better now that I've got most of the Discovery loaded! We are headed to meet up with family tomorrow and not sure yet of our departure date for our eastward migration.

Working on a plan that include a stop in AL to see gran dauther, the Irv2 rally in Sept, (Myrtle Beach) and Al again to await arrival of newest grand son. Everything else is yet to be planned.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:12 PM   #18235

Fleetwood Owners Club
Diane, just an opinion on a kyake. If your thinking of doing any white water I'd go enclosed. For calm water the open tops are very handy to get on and off and you can stay amazingly dry on them. I've used the sit on top to duck hunt. Climbing on and off of them in chest waders and freezing cold water was tricky at first but you get the hang of it pretty quick. I do have friends that do the spring river on a sit on top but personally I would want an enclosed one to better adjust my descent using my hips.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:22 PM   #18236

Quote:
And a partridge in a pear tree! LOL

What does it matter on the amenities? No beauty shop but it does have the main essential....A liquor store!
None of us can call what we do roughing it anyways. We call it "Glamping".
Sound like they have all the essentials covered!
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 04:37 PM   #18237

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
That's Lunch.
Margarita with salt on the rim. you guys are making us hungry. We love sushi (fish-bait). And caprese. So tonight we we are grillin up some whole jalapeños stuffed with ground beef and blue cheese. And of course wrapped in bacon. Unlike the halves we made at the GC stuffed with ground beef and sharp Cheddar cheese. For a little appetizer with some cab, maybe a martini later. Supper will be homemade chicken club pie. Like a club sandwich in a pie with chicken, ham, bacon and cheese, topped with lettuce and tomato. A first for us.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	292.4 KB
ID:	66348  
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 04:39 PM   #18238

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Mary seems to be feeling better now that I've got most of the Discovery loaded! We are headed to meet up with family tomorrow and not sure yet of our departure date for our eastward migration.

Working on a plan that include a stop in AL to see gran dauther, the Irv2 rally in Sept, (Myrtle Beach) and Al again to await arrival of newest grand son. Everything else is yet to be planned.
Keep us posted on travel. We are heading out next weekend to VA for 4 nights (one of those Bass Pro Shop Promotions) then to OH for the following weekend to meet up with one of DW's HS friends. Sold one of our 4 wheelers today, so the list is getting smaller of 'stuff' to go.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 04:45 PM   #18239
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post

Well, we'll be crossing paths but at a different time and just going through Myrtle Beach. Stay safe, stay well.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:46 PM   #18240
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Herb,
Sorry to hear of the leak. Just remember that what you put in the radiator is most likely not the approved coolant, most likely. When they fix it make sure they drane and flush and put in the proper coolant. Ask for an SCA test. Check the book on what the percentage is supposed to be.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:49 PM   #18241

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
Keep us posted on travel. We are heading out next weekend to VA for 4 nights (one of those Bass Pro Shop Promotions) then to OH for the following weekend to meet up with one of DW's HS friends. Sold one of our 4 wheelers today, so the list is getting smaller of 'stuff' to go.
4 wheelers, yep I've got one that needs to go. Can't depend on being home long enough to list it on Craigslist. For those that still W--k keep w--k--g, once retired you never have time for nothing!
Old 06-28-2014, 04:52 PM   #18242

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
This is where we are headed to today for our maiden voyage.
Glad to see 'Mort' made the trip safely. DW got tired of seeing Mort's cousin in my truck several years back, took him out and sent him to a land far, far away. I showed her Mort's picture a while back and told her "Henry will never get to meet his long lost relative". "OUCH"
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote