Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-28-2014, 09:41 PM   #18257
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
On 6 o'clock news they showed a new, out of state reporter, that had gone down to cover the festival. He had not been briefed on exactly what these tillers were. He stood behind one and gave it gas and it drug him down the course. Don't know the horsepower of these tillers, but they are fast. The on air anchors were really getting a kick out of the fact they had kept this a secret from the reporter.

I didn't see Diane or Larry there, they must have been kayak shopping. Remember Diane, make sure Larry can carry your new boat!
__________________

__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2014, 09:51 PM   #18258
Senior Member
 
chuckinthebus's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
On 6 o'clock news they showed a new, out of state reporter, that had gone down to cover the festival. He had not been briefed on exactly what these tillers were. He stood behind one and gave it gas and it drug him down the course. Don't know the horsepower of these tillers, but they are fast. The on air anchors were really getting a kick out of the fact they had kept this a secret from the reporter.

I didn't see Diane or Larry there, they must have been kayak shopping. Remember Diane, make sure Larry can carry your new boat!
I have a friend I used to work with that is involved with the festival. Will probably see the video of the reporter from him as he also used to work at one of the local stations. That is a 'must see' on my list in the next few years. How big a motor do you think Larry will have to put on it for her? Add a solar panel for the flat screen and satellite dish?
__________________

__________________
Chuck, Sara (RVM 50.5) & Chopper (the fuzzy 1)
2003 DSDP w/2015 Jeep Wrangler, 2 Kayaks & 2 bikes. Living and Loving life.
RVM50
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:14 PM   #18259
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
I have a friend I used to work with that is involved with the festival. Will probably see the video of the reporter from him as he also used to work at one of the local stations. That is a 'must see' on my list in the next few years. How big a motor do you think Larry will have to put on it for her? Add a solar panel for the flat screen and satellite dish?
And of course an IPad.
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:07 PM   #18260
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 5,329
Look at the view outside my bedroom window just now. This cruises up the Columbia and Snake Rivers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-714655393.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	391.8 KB
ID:	66384  
__________________
Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey, RVM Head Mascot) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie)
2011 Shasta Cynara 230F & 2012 Smart Car toad, 272 watt solar system
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 and loving it.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:20 PM   #18261
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 5,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
And of course an IPad.
I do take my iPad yaking with me. I have a clear plastic dry bag that lets me work the touch screen thru the plastic. No, I don't read this thread on the river. I take it for the camera. One of these days I'm gonna get brave enough to show you how close those 800' long cargo ships really are. For right now I'm usually paddling fast to get a little further from shore so their huge wake doesn't smash me into the rocks or swamp me if I'm too close to a beach.
__________________
Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey, RVM Head Mascot) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie)
2011 Shasta Cynara 230F & 2012 Smart Car toad, 272 watt solar system
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 and loving it.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:51 AM   #18262
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,326
GOOD MORNING....... Second night in a row that pup slept till 6 am.... Progress....

I have never been to the Black Eye Pea Festival, but Chuck if you come, I will go...




Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2016 BerkshireXL 40RB, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:32 AM   #18263
Senior Member
 
Sky_Boss's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: ON THE ROAD...SOMEWHERE
Posts: 5,642
Good Morning you STMs!

This is the first morning in a couple weeks where I am feeling more like myself. Still recovering a bit but I'm getting there. Friday we got into Elkhart, IN to Bradd & Hall. In about an hour we got rid of the 72" jackknife sofa and I am not sitting comfy in my new, wall hugging recliner!

The new recliner also allowed us to re-arange Gunny & Thor's crates and really opened up the isle between the slides. That was an added bonus and it also probably reduced coach weight by about 100#, mostly off my front axle.

We are now sitting in the parking area of Spartan Motors in Charlotte, MI after getting in yesterday afternoon. We have our annual service along with a list of things to have done over the next few days. New shocks, find out why I my right tag wheel is off the ground when on jacks, and a few other odds n ends.

We hope to connect with Jeff & Marcia some time today before they leave town. I also have a few things I want to get done today. I still need to put some wire loom over the new wires I ran for my headlight replacement project and catch up on emails with friends and family.

It's looking to be a great day.
__________________
Don, Sandee & GSD Zeus. Gardian Wings earned are GSDs Gunny (7/11/15) & Thor (5/5/15)
2006 DSDP 4320, Spartan MM IFS, 2013 CR-V, Blue Ox Avail, SMI AF1, Samsung 197R Refer.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:08 AM   #18264
Senior Member
 
zeelarry's Avatar
 
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
How big a motor do you think Larry will have to put on it for her? Add a solar panel for the flat screen and satellite dish?
I think this should handle Diane's need..any thoughts?
__________________
Larry [US Army-Ret/Department of the Army Civilian-Ret/DAV];with Diane [Teacher-Ret]; 'Litabit' & 'QTπ' [Westies]; 2016 Berkshire XL 40RB/380 Turbo Diesel - 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Life is GOOD
zeelarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:22 AM   #18265
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Good Morning you STMs!

This is the first morning in a couple weeks where I am feeling more like myself. Still recovering a bit but I'm getting there. Friday we got into Elkhart, IN to Bradd & Hall. In about an hour we got rid of the 72" jackknife sofa and I am not sitting comfy in my new, wall hugging recliner!

The new recliner also allowed us to re-arange Gunny & Thor's crates and really opened up the isle between the slides. That was an added bonus and it also probably reduced coach weight by about 100#, mostly off my front axle.

We are now sitting in the parking area of Spartan Motors in Charlotte, MI after getting in yesterday afternoon. We have our annual service along with a list of things to have done over the next few days. New shocks, find out why I my right tag wheel is off the ground when on jacks, and a few other odds n ends.

We hope to connect with Jeff & Marcia some time today before they leave town. I also have a few things I want to get done today. I still need to put some wire loom over the new wires I ran for my headlight replacement project and catch up on emails with friends and family.

It's looking to be a great day.
Morning Don - you do sound more like yourself. That is a relief - for all of us! Say hi to to Jeff and Marcia for us!

Steve
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:27 AM   #18266
RVM #74
 
PushedAround's Avatar


 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ambler, PA
Posts: 2,850
Blog Entries: 7
Hey Mutants! Taking a well deserved week off down the shore in Cape May, New Jersey. The weather is great, the dogs are happy and life is pretty good right now. My little bit of the rainbow for a week!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1404059260.646045.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	869.3 KB
ID:	66398
__________________
Larry & Cheryl Oscar, Louie, Ranger & Henry (our Springers)
PushedAround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:38 AM   #18267
Senior Member
 
Moonrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,685
R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeelarry View Post
I think this should handle Diane's need..

Will the panels keep up with the drawdown of the motor, or do you need to stop a while to replenish the battery?
__________________
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 12:40 PM   #18268
Senior Member
 
chuckinthebus's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
Hey Mutants! Taking a well deserved week off down the shore in Cape May, New Jersey. The weather is great, the dogs are happy and life is pretty good right now. My little bit of the rainbow for a week!Attachment 66398
Nice. I see the dogs have you fenced in so you will have room to roam, just not far. Enjoy the time.
__________________
Chuck, Sara (RVM 50.5) & Chopper (the fuzzy 1)
2003 DSDP w/2015 Jeep Wrangler, 2 Kayaks & 2 bikes. Living and Loving life.
RVM50
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 12:47 PM   #18269
Senior Member
 
chuckinthebus's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,585
Old 06-29-2014, 01:53 PM   #18270
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
Hey Mutants! Taking a well deserved week off down the shore in Cape May, New Jersey. The weather is great, the dogs are happy and life is pretty good right now. My little bit of the rainbow for a week!Attachment 66398
Great looking place! I'm envious and you deserve it!
__________________

__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.