Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2014, 09:14 PM   #18257

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
I have a friend I used to work with that is involved with the festival. Will probably see the video of the reporter from him as he also used to work at one of the local stations. That is a 'must see' on my list in the next few years. How big a motor do you think Larry will have to put on it for her? Add a solar panel for the flat screen and satellite dish?
And of course an IPad.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2014, 10:07 PM   #18258

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Look at the view outside my bedroom window just now. This cruises up the Columbia and Snake Rivers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-714655393.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	391.8 KB
ID:	66384  
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:20 PM   #18259

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
And of course an IPad.
I do take my iPad yaking with me. I have a clear plastic dry bag that lets me work the touch screen thru the plastic. No, I don't read this thread on the river. I take it for the camera. One of these days I'm gonna get brave enough to show you how close those 800' long cargo ships really are. For right now I'm usually paddling fast to get a little further from shore so their huge wake doesn't smash me into the rocks or swamp me if I'm too close to a beach.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:51 AM   #18260

GOOD MORNING....... Second night in a row that pup slept till 6 am.... Progress....

I have never been to the Black Eye Pea Festival, but Chuck if you come, I will go...

Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:32 AM   #18261

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good Morning you STMs!

This is the first morning in a couple weeks where I am feeling more like myself. Still recovering a bit but I'm getting there. Friday we got into Elkhart, IN to Bradd & Hall. In about an hour we got rid of the 72" jackknife sofa and I am not sitting comfy in my new, wall hugging recliner!

The new recliner also allowed us to re-arange Gunny & Thor's crates and really opened up the isle between the slides. That was an added bonus and it also probably reduced coach weight by about 100#, mostly off my front axle.

We are now sitting in the parking area of Spartan Motors in Charlotte, MI after getting in yesterday afternoon. We have our annual service along with a list of things to have done over the next few days. New shocks, find out why I my right tag wheel is off the ground when on jacks, and a few other odds n ends.

We hope to connect with Jeff & Marcia some time today before they leave town. I also have a few things I want to get done today. I still need to put some wire loom over the new wires I ran for my headlight replacement project and catch up on emails with friends and family.

It's looking to be a great day.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:08 AM   #18262

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
How big a motor do you think Larry will have to put on it for her? Add a solar panel for the flat screen and satellite dish?
I think this should handle Diane's need..any thoughts?
Old 06-29-2014, 08:22 AM   #18263

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Good Morning you STMs!

This is the first morning in a couple weeks where I am feeling more like myself. Still recovering a bit but I'm getting there. Friday we got into Elkhart, IN to Bradd & Hall. In about an hour we got rid of the 72" jackknife sofa and I am not sitting comfy in my new, wall hugging recliner!

The new recliner also allowed us to re-arange Gunny & Thor's crates and really opened up the isle between the slides. That was an added bonus and it also probably reduced coach weight by about 100#, mostly off my front axle.

We are now sitting in the parking area of Spartan Motors in Charlotte, MI after getting in yesterday afternoon. We have our annual service along with a list of things to have done over the next few days. New shocks, find out why I my right tag wheel is off the ground when on jacks, and a few other odds n ends.

We hope to connect with Jeff & Marcia some time today before they leave town. I also have a few things I want to get done today. I still need to put some wire loom over the new wires I ran for my headlight replacement project and catch up on emails with friends and family.

It's looking to be a great day.
Morning Don - you do sound more like yourself. That is a relief - for all of us! Say hi to to Jeff and Marcia for us!

Steve
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:27 AM   #18264

Tiffin Owners Club
Hey Mutants! Taking a well deserved week off down the shore in Cape May, New Jersey. The weather is great, the dogs are happy and life is pretty good right now. My little bit of the rainbow for a week!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1404059260.646045.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	869.3 KB
ID:	66398
Old 06-29-2014, 10:38 AM   #18265

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeelarry View Post
I think this should handle Diane's need..

Will the panels keep up with the drawdown of the motor, or do you need to stop a while to replenish the battery?
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:40 AM   #18266

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
Hey Mutants! Taking a well deserved week off down the shore in Cape May, New Jersey. The weather is great, the dogs are happy and life is pretty good right now. My little bit of the rainbow for a week!Attachment 66398
Nice. I see the dogs have you fenced in so you will have room to roam, just not far. Enjoy the time.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:47 AM   #18267

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
That should work, but won't she get tired of riding around in circles? May need a setup like that for the other side to handle the flat screen.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 12:53 PM   #18268

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
Hey Mutants! Taking a well deserved week off down the shore in Cape May, New Jersey. The weather is great, the dogs are happy and life is pretty good right now. My little bit of the rainbow for a week!Attachment 66398
Great looking place! I'm envious and you deserve it!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:41 PM   #18269

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Look at the view outside my bedroom window just now. This cruises up the Columbia and Snake Rivers.

That must make some massive roller coasters for you to ride! Pretty to watch from shore, though. I hadn't thought about being too close to shore since that isn't one of our problems in the Everglades or the Gulf shore bays, but it sounds scary enough. Good thing you know how to make yourself safe!

When we encounter wakes from boats whose drivers don't have the courtesy to slow down, we face into them like you're supposed to, of course, and ride them out. I love them, but am nervous at the same time. Sorta like the roller coaster!

Cheers!
Sue

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
Old 06-29-2014, 01:50 PM   #18270

Quote:

Can you carry it?

Brilliant! Not for me because I need the workout rather than the auxiliary power. Sure do like that outrigger, though! Maybe the solar panels could run my ice cream maker while I'm paddling, instead.

Driver's position looks very awkward and I wonder why he doesn't just sit in the canoe. Is it a matter of balancing the whole contraption? Is this a Village Idiot question?

Is the new kayak home yet, or is Diane still paddling?

Cheers!
Sue

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things