Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-29-2014, 08:58 PM   #18285
Senior Member
 
Papawto5's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 899
Day 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	015.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	319.3 KB
ID:	66451  
__________________

__________________
2011 Coachmen SportsCoach
Living Our Dream One Mile at a Time
Steve & Mary Ann (RVM5 & 5A)
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2014, 09:00 PM   #18286
Senior Member
 
Papawto5's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 899
Today Day 3
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	032.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	250.8 KB
ID:	66454  
__________________

__________________
2011 Coachmen SportsCoach
Living Our Dream One Mile at a Time
Steve & Mary Ann (RVM5 & 5A)
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:06 PM   #18287
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Today Day 3

Good job.... To the driver, navigator, and papa Steve.....

Cant wait until mine get old enough to go.....


Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2016 BerkshireXL 40RB, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Diwizi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:10 PM   #18288
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Charleston, SC now, Cherry Point next week, Williamsburg, VA the week after, then maybe to Fort Mead and Lancaster PA - then to New England.

Shrimp and grits - Hymans Seafood... Can even use the go window and just eat on the bench outside... Then go but Earlene a seagrass basket in the market.....


Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2016 BerkshireXL 40RB, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Diwizi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:11 PM   #18289
Senior Member
 
MartySQ's Avatar
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 3,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
To remind some of you and tell some of you for the first time, Mary Ann and I are taking 2 of our grandkids to Sedona, Grand Canyon, 4 Corners, Dolores, CO, Durango, CO, and Pike's Peak.

Day 1 - - Indiana to Springfield, MO
Day 2 - - Springfield, MO to close to Elk City, OK
Day 3 - - Elk City, OK to Albuequerque, NM
Tomorrow - - Albuequerque, NM to Williams, AZ

The kids (14 YO Grace and 8 YO Dru) are doing quite well. Full of questions and expectations. Pretty impressed with the panhandle area and so far in NM (especially the mountains near Albuequerque).

More later - - - I couldn't resist posting the pictures of my 8 YO "navigator". Photo taken on day 1, What a stitch !!
My gosh... you blew by fast! When you coming back through to home?
__________________
Martha (AKA RVM45), Bob, and Bess the Border collie
22'Honey Sportscruiser on a 1988 Ford Econoline.
Sometimes towing a powered Parachute.
MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:15 PM   #18290
Senior Member
 
Possum's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cherry Creek, BC Canada
Posts: 7,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Charleston, SC now, Cherry Point next week, Williamsburg, VA the week after, then maybe to Fort Mead and Lancaster PA - then to New England.
When you get to Lancaster are you planning on riding the Steam Powered Strasburg Railroad? Strasburg Rail Road or strasburg rail road - Searchya - Search Results Yahoo Canada Image Search Results
__________________
Denise and Dennis Dalla-Vicenza Co-pilot Mizzie
Gracie a Winnebago 29 RQ +
George a Suzuki Toad
.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:59 PM   #18291
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,638
Has anyone heard how Bob and TEFFY are doing with their hosting?

Thanks for checking in Steve! Grands look Grand!

Be safe and have fun!!!
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:41 PM   #18292
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 5,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
That must make some massive roller coasters for you to ride! Pretty to watch from shore, though. I hadn't thought about being too close to shore since that isn't one of our problems in the Everglades or the Gulf shore bays, but it sounds scary enough. Good thing you know how to make yourself safe!

When we encounter wakes from boats whose drivers don't have the courtesy to slow down, we face into them like you're supposed to, of course, and ride them out. I love them, but am nervous at the same time. Sorta like the roller coaster!

Cheers!
Sue
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
Sue, I only take the yak out when the river is very calm, but I need to start checking the tide charts, too. The largest ships can only come up river when tides are high. Thankfully their wakes are just swell and not breakers unless you are too close to shore.

The first time I went out and saw a big ship coming I headed to the beach then turned into the wake. HUGE mistake as in shallow water the wakes became breakers over the bow and I got soaked. Now I paddle into deeper water. Even tho the swells are 3-4 feet tall, they are gentle and far apart. It's quite a ride!

The river is very wide here and there is plenty of room to avoid getting close to the ships. When I become a stronger paddler I want to cross over to the Oregon side at low tide and explore some of the islands. I love the quiet of not having a motor, but I can't stop paddling for very long or the current will take me too far down river. You and Martin should come this way one summer and we'll go yaking.

BTW, I wrap my phone in paper towels and seal in a ziploc bag in my PFD zip pocket. I won't answer a call. It's just if I need to call for help.
__________________
Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey, RVM Head Mascot) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie)
2011 Shasta Cynara 230F & 2012 Smart Car toad, 272 watt solar system
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 and loving it.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:44 PM   #18293
Senior Member
 
Suspinz's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 3,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
To remind some of you and tell some of you for the first time, Mary Ann and I are taking 2 of our grandkids to Sedona, Grand Canyon, 4 Corners, Dolores, CO, Durango, CO, and Pike's Peak.

Day 1 - - Indiana to Springfield, MO
Day 2 - - Springfield, MO to close to Elk City, OK
Day 3 - - Elk City, OK to Albuequerque, NM
Tomorrow - - Albuequerque, NM to Williams, AZ

The kids (14 YO Grace and 8 YO Dru) are doing quite well. Full of questions and expectations. Pretty impressed with the panhandle area and so far in NM (especially the mountains near Albuequerque).

More later - - - I couldn't resist posting the pictures of my 8 YO "navigator". Photo taken on day 1, What a stitch !!

Copilot is such a sweet pic! More great memories to come. Be sure to tell him side trips are his responsibility.


Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
__________________
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
'16 Thor Tuscany 45 AT & '14 Jeep Cherokee; 2 bikes, 1 kayak, 1 walking stick. Feline furface Betsy Alopicia. Yes, the journey IS the destination!
Suspinz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:59 AM   #18294
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Sue, I only take the yak out when the river is very calm, but I need to start checking the tide charts, too. The largest ships can only come up river when tides are high. Thankfully their wakes are just swell and not breakers unless you are too close to shore.



The first time I went out and saw a big ship coming I headed to the beach then turned into the wake. HUGE mistake as in shallow water the wakes became breakers over the bow and I got soaked. Now I paddle into deeper water. Even tho the swells are 3-4 feet tall, they are gentle and far apart. It's quite a ride!



The river is very wide here and there is plenty of room to avoid getting close to the ships. When I become a stronger paddler I want to cross over to the Oregon side at low tide and explore some of the islands. I love the quiet of not having a motor, but I can't stop paddling for very long or the current will take me too far down river. You and Martin should come this way one summer and we'll go yaking.



BTW, I wrap my phone in paper towels and seal in a ziploc bag in my PFD zip pocket. I won't answer a call. It's just if I need to call for help.

Add some uncooked rice in your bag... Then if some water does get in. The rice is supposed to absorb it. I havent tried it, just read it. I did buy a waterproof digital camera for my 5 yo grand in May, think i will get obe for myself.




Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2016 BerkshireXL 40RB, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Diwizi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:23 AM   #18295
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Add some uncooked rice in your bag... Then if some water does get in. The rice is supposed to absorb it. I havent tried it, just read it. I did buy a waterproof digital camera for my 5 yo grand in May, think i will get obe for myself.




Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
My Samsung Galaxy S5 is waterproof to 3 feet for 30 minutes. I'm buying it a life preserver. Take that iPhone.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:39 AM   #18296
Senior Member
 
wingennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 170
That crisp is practically art. Yum!


Nissa
99 Monaco Diplomat
RVM #61
__________________
wingennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:49 PM   #18297
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,317
Sure is quiet today..... Hope all of the mutants are having fun...


Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2016 BerkshireXL 40RB, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Diwizi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:55 PM   #18298
RVM #74
 
PushedAround's Avatar


 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ambler, PA
Posts: 2,850
Blog Entries: 7
HELLO? I'm here all by myself.
__________________

__________________
Larry & Cheryl Oscar, Louie, Ranger & Henry (our Springers)
PushedAround is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (2 members and 2 guests)
bokobird, daveandcarol
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.