Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2014, 09:40 PM   #18439

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Now to begin my tale of the cross country move.
Months ago, when we decided to move, we thought the idea of using the pods was going to be our choice of conveyance. But then we found out that they would NOT deliver them to our new address. We would have to go to the warehouse and unload the pods. Even U-Haul, said we would need to rent a trailer from them and bring the pods one at a time, to our house, unload, and return the pod to their location. But they offered us a sweet deal on a truck, rent a 26 foot truck for $850, and they would add a carhauler trailer for my car for only 25 bucks. And they would give us an extra 2 days rental and an extra 500 miles. And use of a dolly and furniture pads, thrown in also. What could go wrong? We were assured that they only use the newer trucks for long haul rentals.....

JudyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2014, 09:44 PM   #18440

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^ Judy - methinks there is more to the story.... or is saga more accurate? Perhaps put to music - balad of the U Haul Fitzgerald.

The legend lives on from Colorado on up - to the great north they call Illinois....

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:45 PM   #18441

Monaco Owners Club
Hey Steve, congrats to you and Annie.
Is this the first retirement. Lol!! I am back fund raising for my next retirement. Nov. 1
Old 07-02-2014, 09:56 PM   #18442

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
Hey Steve, congrats to you and Annie.
Is this the first retirement. Lol!! I am back fund raising for my next retirement. Nov. 1
Thanks Dennis - yep this is the first and hopefully last retirement.

Edit - Nov 1 is the day we hope to head south for the winter. That said - we are OK to stay put till Nov 15th. The plan is to get everything cleared out and / or stored between now and the 1st.

Eek eek eek - and wow.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:04 AM   #18443

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Gold watch ... big retirement send off party ... ? Or like some of us, none of the above. Just a rush to see who gets the office, big desk, and chair.
Hey, where's my stapeler?
Old 07-03-2014, 06:57 AM   #18444
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

GOOD MORNING.....
nope not a morning person.... Just a crazee lady with a new pup.....
Btw QTπ is sure a character, Miss Independence.... Never seen a pup this grown up and independent at this age.....

Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:30 AM   #18445

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good Morning STMs.

Rainbow ride is on idle as we are still at the Spartan Factory in Charlotte, MI having work done. The warrantee adjustor is here, FINALLY, to hopefully approve some items before they actually break but that is part of the game. LOL The more they approve, the more likely we will be here until Monday.

But...dry camping with 50 amp service ain't all bad. 9 days for free is nice indeed.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:00 AM   #18446
RV Mutant #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Thanks, Possum! Commander Chris Hadfield is just so..... Canadian, lol. Did you see his version of David Bowie's Space Oddity recorded on the space station? It was taken off Youtube because the licence for use was only a year, but I read it may be posted again soon.

I loved all the nerdy and fun demos he did while up there, plus the fantastic photos.

Go Canada! Now excuse me while I go swat some mosquitoes, eh? Got one!
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:06 AM   #18447
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Attention Attention and Calling All RVMS - on this day 7/2/2014 - RVM2 - Flaggship1 - Steve the Potentate - tendered his retirement notice - with last official work day 10/17/14.

Hold on Annie - the rainbow is right around the corner!
RVM2
Steve and Annie
Congrats Steve!
Old 07-03-2014, 08:19 AM   #18448

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Congrats Steve!
Thanks Les.. I'll take notes and let ya know how it is....
Old 07-03-2014, 08:38 AM   #18449
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Steve, you must remember that being retired is HARD work. You never know when you are finished.

Also, many days you will not get up until noon time and sometimes you do it twice a day.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:29 AM   #18450

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, Dwayne and Shara, I hope to hear today there was a granbaby born this AM...
I dreamed about you early this morning... Dwayne was being the that hero he naturally is... he was putting out a fire in some sort of tree house/play house that a bunch of little kiddos were in and was saving them.... keep them fireworks safe folks! Shara, I know you are just waiting with anticipation to meet you new little grandchild!
MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:51 AM   #18451

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Well, Dwayne and Shara, I hope to hear today there was a granbaby born this AM...
I dreamed about you early this morning... Dwayne was being the that hero he naturally is... he was putting out a fire in some sort of tree house/play house that a bunch of little kiddos were in and was saving them.... keep them fireworks safe folks! Shara, I know you are just waiting with anticipation to meet you new little grandchild!
Thanks for the reminder Marty! I'm sure one or the other will be along shortly to fill us in. If not I'll give em a call. They may be stuck just goo gooing the little tyke. Might have to poke em a little to break the spell.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:56 AM   #18452

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Howdy Muteys! Sorry I've been out of touch for three days! Well Jenny is finally out of the Cummins hospital and our checking account is $2800 lighter! Just about to leave CW after they fixed their booboo on the Generator so at least this part of our headaches is over I hope.

Now I must ask you all for prayers for mom as we put her in hospital yesterday with mini stroke and it was the second in three days. She is stable now and they are testing to find cause. Mom is 86 and has had a rich full life fairly free of health issues till now. I'm wrestling with leaving now so won't decide till tomorrow. Hopefully test results will give me some clarity.