Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2014, 12:05 PM   #18453

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
Thanks, Possum! Commander Chris Hadfield is just so..... Canadian, lol. Did you see his version of David Bowie's Space Oddity recorded on the space station? It was taken off Youtube because the licence for use was only a year, but I read it may be posted again soon.

I loved all the nerdy and fun demos he did while up there, plus the fantastic photos.

Go Canada! Now excuse me while I go swat some mosquitoes, eh? Got one!
My personal favorite is "Is Somebody Singing" I.S.S. (Is Somebody Singing) with lyrics on screen - YouTube

Can you even remotely imagine the cooperation required to pull off these antics the guy got up to. He not only made one proud to be Canadian but also proud to be human. He embodies the spirit of international cooperation.

Tina I found it ...Astronaut Chris Hadfield Space Oddity song HD, HQ, Major Tom, David Bowie - YouTube

(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2014, 12:52 PM   #18454

Hello Mutants !!!

Life on the rainbow is good !!! we have settled back in Ft. Wayne Indiana for two weeks and visiting friends, those of you that FB have surely seen the posts on there. If I dont get time tomorrow I will say today I hope y'all have a fantastic 4th of July we will be Q'n and sippin brews here in our campsite and just basically being laid back, the work will begin on Saturday and Sunday with back to back bike rides along the extensive trail system that will take us to points all over the city, and Marcia will get to try out her newly refurbished bicycle with new handlebars cables and seat, If she's happy I'm happy, ya all know the saying. I was treated to a low battery warning on the fridge two weeks agon and after getting out my meter found the coach batteries would not charge nor would they spit any juice out, so 4 new coach batteries later all is once again well with that system. Anyway those of you that are having coach troubles and those of you that are having health issues or family health issues I'll keep sending out those healing ommsssss, take care and becareful .....

Cheers !!!

PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:28 PM   #18455

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
HerbnBarb...best wishes to your mom.

Dwayne & Shara...standing by for news!

Just got our news regarding our coach and the good news is we will be here in Charlotte, MI until at least Monday! That is GOOD news because my warrantee is covering everything we wanted worked on! New air bags for the drive axle, new inner wheel seals for the tag wheels and a few other odds n ends too. When they are done we will have received more in benefits than the cost of the policy and we still have 2.5 years left on it.

Every thing we get "fixed" now makes the slide down the rainbow go that much better.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:45 PM   #18456
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Have a happy 4th.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1404416752.403703.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	507.9 KB
ID:	66800
Old 07-03-2014, 04:36 PM   #18457
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Herb and Barb, sorry to hear about you Mom.

Prayers your way.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:45 PM   #18458
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Crisis here this am... I now know how to make a pup vomit.... She ate a small white choc candy, foil and all.... And hydrogen peroxide works... It came up with choc still mostly intact ...... That was a new first for me......
I have always had a dog.... But QTπ is the first one like this.... Not as smart as Sena, but still a character...

Sorry Herb's mother is not well..... It is hard.

Shara been posting reg on FB, but nothing today..... Was going walking again....

Don glad your warranty was good....

Wayne? Are ya getting wet? News?

Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:47 PM   #18459

Vintage RV Owners Club
Not sure which of the 4 looks the hottest there...tongues all hanging out and sweaty like....looks like y'all are enjoying it!
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:53 PM   #18460

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Next installment of the great move adventure, We left the Denver area early on Tuesday, DH driving our PU & 5er, me driving U-Haul with my car on a trailer behind. A few hours into the trip I noticed it getting very difficult to steer, and when we stopped for lunch, I tried to back up next to DH. It was not possible and I suggested the power steering was going out. By the time we got to our campground my arms were getting very tired, and my hands had swollen so much that I couldn't even rotate my ring on my finger. I was forced to grip the wheel that tightly. And the truck would slow to 40 mph on the hills. We called U-Haul. They sent mechanic. He thought the power steering pump went out, and called for truck which I had just driven over 300 miles like this, to be towed to shop as it was too difficult to drive the 7 miles to the garage.
Yup it broke. Long story shortened here: The tensioner for the belt had broken and they had to rob one off another uhaul for ours, we lost a whole day, missed our house closing, and had to reschedule it, missed the appointments for hooking up dish and internet, and had to reschedule those. And had to stay an extra day at campground. Then began the saga of getting dish to hook up our TV, which was hard for them as they sent the tech to our Colorado address where we had been customers for over 18 years. Since we weren't there, we had to reschedule once again.
Now I am wondering is all this hassle a normal occurrence for people or should I feel like they are out to get me?
JudyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:17 PM   #18461
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Crisis here this am... I now know how to make a pup vomit.... She ate a small white choc candy, foil and all.... And hydrogen peroxide works... It came up with choc still mostly intact ...... That was a new first for me......
I have always had a dog.... But QTπ is the first one like this.... Not as smart as Sena, but still a character...

Sorry Herb's mother is not well..... It is hard.

Shara been posting reg on FB, but nothing today..... Was going walking again....

Don glad your warranty was good....

Wayne? Are ya getting wet? News?

Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Nope! Staying dry - inside is real dry. About 4 a.m. we had a rain squall come through. I had the awnings out (wind and rain controlled, but no wind) so Earlene pushed the button and pulled them in. I put them back out about an hour ago and the water rolling off felt rather good. I'll let them dry for the evening and pull them back in.

We were scheduled to leave this morning for Cherry Point. Had we left we would most likely be there right now and enjoying a Cat-1/2 hurricane. We made the right decision to stay here an extra night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
Next installment of the great move adventure, We left the Denver area early on Tuesday, DH driving our PU & 5er, me driving U-Haul with my car on a trailer behind. A few hours into the trip I noticed it getting very difficult to steer, and when we stopped for lunch, I tried to back up next to DH. It was not possible and I suggested the power steering was going out. By the time we got to our campground my arms were getting very tired, and my hands had swollen so much that I couldn't even rotate my ring on my finger. I was forced to grip the wheel that tightly. And the truck would slow to 40 mph on the hills. We called U-Haul. They sent mechanic. He thought the power steering pump went out, and called for truck which I had just driven over 300 miles like this, to be towed to shop as it was too difficult to drive the 7 miles to the garage.
Yup it broke. Long story shortened here: The tensioner for the belt had broken and they had to rob one off another uhaul for ours, we lost a whole day, missed our house closing, and had to reschedule it, missed the appointments for hooking up dish and internet, and had to reschedule those. And had to stay an extra day at campground. Then began the saga of getting dish to hook up our TV, which was hard for them as they sent the tech to our Colorado address where we had been customers for over 18 years. Since we weren't there, we had to reschedule once again.
Now I am wondering is all this hassle a normal occurrence for people or should I feel like they are out to get me?
Judy, remember, Murphy was an optimist.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:36 PM   #18462

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Steve and Wayne you asked for specifics on repair, the water pump went out and the overheating damaged the thermostat as well as the egr cooler. She runs good and cool now!
Old 07-03-2014, 05:51 PM   #18463

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Howdy Muteys! Sorry I've been out of touch for three days! Well Jenny is finally out of the Cummins hospital and our checking account is $2800 lighter! Just about to leave CW after they fixed their booboo on the Generator so at least this part of our headaches is over I hope.

Now I must ask you all for prayers for mom as we put her in hospital yesterday with mini stroke and it was the second in three days. She is stable now and they are testing to find cause. Mom is 86 and has had a rich full life fairly free of health issues till now. I'm wrestling with leaving now so won't decide till tomorrow. Hopefully test results will give me some clarity.

All the best to your mom and your family as you go through this. I'm sure you are torn between staying and going! You'll make the best decision you can, I know, with a few more facts in hand.

Ohhhmmmms!
Sue

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
Old 07-03-2014, 07:00 PM   #18464
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Steve and Wayne you asked for specifics on repair, the water pump went out and the overheating damaged the thermostat as well as the egr cooler. She runs good and cool now!
Thanks for the update. Did GS cover any of it?
Old 07-03-2014, 07:06 PM   #18465

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
To HerbnBarb, I don't know who's mother is having the mini strokes, but I certainly hope she is well and they caused no residual complications. If these are warnings then I hope she takes heed and follows the Doctor's orders! Best of luck with her care.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:12 PM   #18466

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I forgot to mention that the U-Haul cost us over $1100, plus fuel, and we had to rent the dolly and the furniture pads, and they didn't give us any extra days or miles. The truck was a 2005 GMC and the odometer read 108750, when we picked it up. Which means they either messed with the odometer or it had over a million miles on it. It had NO suspension and rocked and rolled when someone walked across the floor of the box, as we were loading it.
My advice is Never Ever rent a truck from U-Haul.