Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2013, 08:45 AM   #1835

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I'm thinkin about this one.
Has a Mutant look.

Attachment 42336
Beef loading area, Park Truck Here.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2013, 08:48 AM   #1836

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson View Post
My 1000th post! My 1000th post!
Someday that will be me, when I break out of this shy phase!

Old 07-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #1837

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski

Someday that will be me, when I break out of this shy phase!
You mean when you Break on Through to the Other Side?
RVM2
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:02 AM   #1838
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Yes, I vote Meth Lab. Business must be good, judging from the look of their rig. Breaking Bad is back on August 11th. The last 8 episodes.
No fumes or chem odors as seen in Breaking Bad.

Gotta be Elvis.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:03 AM   #1839
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

You mean when you Break on Through to the Other Side?
RVM2
The Dark Side?

Old 07-15-2013, 09:17 AM   #1840

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven

The Dark Side?
Top rated answer in lyric interpretation site Is worth pondering.

This song is about breaking through the "doors of perception"- what you see and think to be real, and what really is real- to the "other side", the side of life and everything you've never seen before. This means different things to different people. The gateway could be sex, drugs, or music, or just a personal revelation you have, but at some point in our lives, we have to "break on through to the other side" and find our own version of the truth in life.

In Jim's case, he broke through the barrier with sex, drugs, and rock'n roll. Maybe not the best way to go, but that's how he widened his own perceptions. And in the end it killed him.

But in a crazy world, we have to see through the lies and deceptions and find the truth... and break on through to the other side. That's what Jim was probably trying to say.

Mutant or Madman?
Old 07-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #1841

I hate it when I have to ponder this deeply. The pay sucks for one thing.

Anyway here goes ... before nap time.

Just what IS real? How do we know it when we are there? Rules, guidelines, tips, hints? All are products of those who have not broken through to the "other side". Our brains connect to the outside world via the equivalent of long distance telephone lines ... sight, sound, touch, smell. Once inside the central processing center (the brain) the information is manipulated and put through a comparative system to fill in the information received with data from past collections (memory). It is this assembly process that produces the package called perception of reality. Therefore reality likely is different for each central processing system depending on the quality of the long distance information and the vagaries of the previously collected data. Not all processing centers are equal. Therefore, not all realities are equally described.

Our brains are normally 70% unused/idle. What little we function with is like a card table in the middle of an empty warehouse. To totally humble myself, I know that I'm not only working with a potentially flawed and inaccurate central system but it is all done on the top of a card table.

Nap time ......
Old 07-15-2013, 10:59 AM   #1842
RVM1

Moonrover, I'm thinkin I broke thru.

Retired. Mind reverted to age 14. No problems. Merely challenges.

Being a Mutant helps.

Having more fun than ever!

Old 07-15-2013, 11:02 AM   #1843

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Moonrover - "spoken" like a true mutant on the other side! Some are blessed with more memory, faster processors, sharper code. But overcoming poor assembly or assembly language is difficult, especially when we only access 10% of potential brain power (I think you may have overestimated use or underestimated idle capacity.)

Pondering is a mutants friend. Keeps the synapses firing while the bacon sizzles.
RVM2
Old 07-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #1844

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
... we only access 10% of potential brain power (I think you may have overestimated use or underestimated idle capacity.)
RVM2
I stand corrected. See ... my flawed central system is stocked with inaccuracies. So now I'm down to 10% even at full tilt. This fact alone makes me feel like I have arrived at the sword fight carrying a rusty pocket knife.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #1845

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover
I stand corrected. See ... my flawed central system is stocked with inaccuracies. So now I'm down to 10% even at full tilt. This fact alone makes me feel like I have arrived at the sword fight carrying a rusty pocket knife.
Hey now - don't sell yourself short. You may be right - as I'm not sure how one would go about measuring the use / excess capacity in the first place. I have read 10% or less - and today I read your estimate. One thing is certain - there are many running on far to little. You need look no further than my posts for confirmation.

I'm pretty sure I'd watch my wallet closely at your card table if a poker game were to ensue. You are a sharp player Moonrover. My mutant senses tell me so.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:49 AM   #1846

Here is a sobering analogy ... Someone gives you a Ferrari but it has been throttle governed at 10MPH. Eh? How painful .... how embarrassing. Motoring around town, the proud driver can smile, wave and brag that the hot looking sport car COULD go over 100MPH. However he has to hide the fact that it never has been.

Back in the shelter of my garage, for sure I'd be attempting to figure out how to remove the governor. But how? Is it possible?
Old 07-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #1847

I really needed a good laugh today, and you guys did that for me. Many thanks, especially now I know where to park the truck and how big the card table is.

Chicken and potatoes are in the crockpot as we speak. Y'all c'mon over about 5 of the clock. BYOB!

Cheers,
Sue RVM 36 -- Buttinski
Old 07-15-2013, 12:19 PM   #1848

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz
I really needed a good laugh today, and you guys did that for me. Many thanks, especially now I know where to park the truck and how big the card table is.

Chicken and potatoes are in the crockpot as we speak. Y'all c'mon over about 5 of the clock. BYOB!

Cheers,
Sue RVM 36 -- Buttinski
Hey Sue - you're living high on the hog with both chicken 'n taters. Annie comes home Wed after almost a month away. For me it's been chicken or tater. Hot or sour soup - sweet or sour chicken. I'm really a fair cook but it's hard to motivate for dinner for 1 and then then there's the clean up afterwards. Good news is - I may actually have dropped a pound or two and that doesn't include the box of stuff I dropped on my foot. That gal has been missed. I've grow so accustomed to being laughed at when I drop things.

« The Voice | - »