Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2014, 09:48 PM   #18523
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I thought they were in Custer State Park - but if Wayne says the Badlands - it must be so...
They are in Custer State Park. I thought that's what Wayne was talkin about. Lessen I was mistook.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2014, 09:49 PM   #18524

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
So what did he have....?

Yeah! What DID he have?

Oops, never mind. You already answered.

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things

Old 07-04-2014, 09:54 PM   #18525
RVM1

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Before I sign off for the next couple days due to connectivity problems in rural Colorado, I'll send a couple more pics.

Fine pics, Steve. Happy Trails and poke at us when you get back to connectivity, aye?
Dont you actually feel guilty having so much fun?
Naw!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:09 PM   #18526

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Ready?
Attachment 66914
There ya go!

(Almond flour, butter, sugar, nutmeg & cinnamon crumb crust slightly baked before filling.)

Need another napkin? I need another plateful!

Cheers!
Those are some honking big raspberries!
MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:10 PM   #18527

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
They are in Custer State Park. I thought that's what Wayne was talkin about. Lessen I was mistook.
rezman posted the pic of the Buffalo in Custer State Park - Wayne said go to the Badlands and see the burrows,,,, oh never mind - as long as rezman didn't head to badlands looking for burrows it's all good. It's pretty difficult to drive through the Custer nature loop and not see buffalo, Prarie dogs, burrows and if lucky a bighorn or two. In the Badlands you will likely see large birds riding thermals and not much more. But it is well worth the trip around the loop if you have never seen them. Not sure I would do them again. Custer I'd love to do again and again. It's one of my favorite places.
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:18 PM   #18528

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Ready?
Attachment 66914
There ya go!

(Almond flour, butter, sugar, nutmeg & cinnamon crumb crust slightly baked before filling.)

Need another napkin? I need another plateful!

Cheers!
I like the NPR coffee mug. But it's not a mutant mug! I had a call from this American life the other day. They want to do a story on the RVMS. Ira Glass is on his own now BTW for distribution and syndication - I need to pay attention to that cause I would miss him if he doesn't make a go of it.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:19 PM   #18529

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Those are some honking big raspberries!

Can't say as I grew 'em, but they sure are tasty! My homegrown raspberries are the native blackcaps, much smaller and with a taste all their own.

Tomorrow, in honor of Wimbledon and the Henley Regatta, we'll have strawberries and cream with the remains of the blueberry pie. Still red, white, and blue, though.

Old 07-04-2014, 10:21 PM   #18530
RVM1

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
rezman posted the pic of the Buffalo in Custer State Park - Wayne said go to the Badlands and see the burrows,,,, oh never mind - as long as rezman didn't head to badlands looking for burrows it's all good. It's pretty difficult to drive through the Custer nature loop and not see buffalo, Prarie dogs, burrows and if lucky a bighorn or two. In the Badlands you will likely see large birds riding thermals and not much more. But it is well worth the trip around the loop if you have never seen them. Not sure I would do them again. Custer I'd love to do again and again. It's one of my favorite places.

Son of FGC in CSP?

Grand Potentate, are you a closet FSM on a tablet PC? Could there be 2 with such a rare afflicton in RVMville?

Stay tuned for our next exciting episode to find out....
Is Steve really another FSM?
Is Di just a carrier of Mutant afflictions?
Will Naomi come back to Quincy without her Ford Maverick?

(Hint: dont forget your decoder ring)

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:23 PM   #18531

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
I like the NPR coffee mug. But it's not a mutant mug! I had a call from this American life the other day. They want to do a story on the RVMS. Ira Glass is on his own now BTW for distribution and syndication - I need to pay attention to attention to that cause I would miss him if he doesn't make a go of it.

Wow! Ira Glass! Are we going to get too famous for our shirts?

Sorry about the wrong mugshot. My mutant mug lives to serve ... coffee. And we were serving ... tea.

Old 07-04-2014, 10:33 PM   #18532

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Wow! Ira Glass! Are we going to get too famous for our shirts?

Sorry about the wrong mugshot. My mutant mug lives to serve ... coffee. And we were serving ... tea.

I read the story the other day about his break with PRI. Don't recall what was behind it. He was having voice problems too. Had to have steroids to relax vocal chords to do a show. I really enjoy his story telling style - real slices of American Life. Anyway... the berries looked awesome speaking of steroids...
Old 07-04-2014, 10:37 PM   #18533

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Son of FGC in CSP?

Grand Potentate, are you a closet FSM on a tablet PC? Could there be 2 with such a rare afflicton in RVMville?

Stay tuned for our next exciting episode to find out....
Is Steve really another FSM?
Is Di just a carrier of Mutant afflictions?
Will Naomi come back to Quincy without her Ford Maverick?

(Hint: dont forget your decoder ring)
Dave - my new keyboard is learning my style and I it. But I have to say, I'm really loving the S5. The other day I was practicing the swipe. I've seen kids do and they can swipe type faster than I can type on a keyboard. It's pretty cool but not sure I will ever master it. Not sure if apple processors are up to it yet.... maybe in a year or two.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:41 PM   #18534
RV Mutant #29

Still time to wish all mutants south of the 49th or thereabouts a very happy 4th of July! (where is the fireworks icon when you need it?) Hope a good weekend is in store for all.
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:02 PM   #18535
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
As I sit here tonight, full as a tick on July 4th fine fare, Lily is pressed up as close as she can possibly get. The "kids" (Alene's nephews ages 32 - 40) are shooting fireworks into the Columbia River. I have a front row seat from the RV bed in order to try to reassure Sena and Lily that the world is not coming to an end. It's not yet dark, but the boys couldn't wait until 10 PM to start the show. It stays light so much later this far north.

I feel so blessed to be an American, to have such good friends, and to be an RVMutant. I hope everyone has enjoyed this fine day and will enjoy many, many more to come.

Big hugs to you all!
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:08 PM   #18536

Thank you, Tina and Barb. The weekend is off to a fine start here. Wishing you both the same!

Cheers!
Sue