Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2014, 12:27 AM   #18649
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Elizabeth,

Many Ohms headed your way. I hope the epidural steroids help you 1,000 times better than they did me. The only reason I went for a second time was because of the 6 hours of relief the pre steroid lidocaine injection gave me and a hope that the second set would do better.

I ended up gaining 50 pounds due to the steroids and that was after having had gastric bypass surgery. Now I won't let steroids touch any part of me unless the choice is either steroids or death, and then I'd have to ponder on it for a while.

Hugs!

okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2014, 12:43 AM   #18650

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
POSSUM / DOGPATCH

Here is why i get the 2 confused......... How did you two come up with those names anyway?
I'll let Les handle the more part of his nickname but mine is simple.

My older brother was an amateur poet and wrote under the pseudo-name "Possum" to keep his identity covered.

He was also a svelte 180 pounds and exercised regularly and was totally unlike my vast waistland physic. Needless to say I admired him greatly and when he passed away from a sudden and very unexpected massive heart attack I scooped his alias or moniker as a way of remembering and hopefully honouring him.

Besides his passing has made me the official patriarch of this branch of the Dalla-Vicenza Family.

The picture was taken by the local newspaper on Canada Day of DW and I sitting on our Toy Run Float.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Parade IMG_5618.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	287.6 KB
ID:	67097  

(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:00 AM   #18651
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post

My older brother was an amateur poet and wrote under the pseudo-name "Possum" to keep his identity covered.

He was also a svelte 180 pounds and exercised regularly and was totally unlike my vast waistland physic. Needless to say I admired him greatly and when he passed away from a sudden and very unexpected massive heart attack I scooped his alias or moniker as a way of remembering and hopefully honouring him.

Besides his passing has made me the official patriarch of this branch of the Dalla-Vicenza Family.

The picture was taken by the local newspaper on Canada Day of DW and I sitting on our Toy Run Float.

Dennis aka Possum..... What a great way to honor your brother..... Thanks for sharing...... It makes it easier for me to remember.......

Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:03 AM   #18652
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Good morning..... The ice cream cookies sounds yummy.... IC by itself, is not on my fav list.... I do prefer sorbets.....

Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:29 AM   #18653

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ok just to keep you up to date on the darker area of the rainbow, say the brown side!

Don't walk away from the job and talk to pretty blond next door when filling up the black tank with extra water through the San-ti-flush! Man that thing fills up fast cause I wasn't talking long, I promise. So back home now and ready to shampoo the carpet. Yeah!
Old 07-07-2014, 08:30 AM   #18654
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good morning....!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
Another great ponder to mull over while thinking of little more.....Who is the elder?
Happy Birthday Wayne!!!!!!
I let this slip pass but here is the answer. Teffy (bob) is 1 year older than dirt, so he is the elder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
So, let me get this straight. The big tough Marine who spent his military career doing HIGH level cyber security got hacked by a little bitty woman on his birthday?

Humbling, I know. But happy birthday is spite of it, Wayne. And here's hoping we can harass you again every year on this date for a VERY long time.
I'm looking forward to it. As for the hack, I'd like to say she promised me some favors, but that is out of the question. Example, she stated she didn't get me a birthday cake, so I suggested something else and she responded with, "Give me the keys to the car."

I'll look forward to the harassment, err well wishes, next year and for many years, I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Ice cream? Did someone say ice cream? Yummmm and who cares about my round shape? As long as my buddy Father Time is more round than me I will look good when I stand next to him LOL.
Don' let him kid you. When he walks, he has to hold out his arms so people will know if he is rolling or waddling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post

Very nice, even the picture, well the right half of the picture as you look at it.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:34 AM   #18655
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Di - I can tell ya how Possum got has avatar - or at least where he got it - but can't tell ya why he is Possum or Les is Dogpatch. But Dogpatch and the avatar are synced up. Now if you look closely at El Kabong - you will notice he looks a little bit Italian and possibly a tad Canadian. With the guitar and mask - I'm sure he speaks French and so the sum of the parts is definitely Dennis.... and Dogpatch is considerably Less complicated to explain and therfore - clearly Less is Les.
To clear this up.

I thought up my user name Dogpatch for a lot less glamorous reasons than Possum. I'm not named after a relative or anyone famous although I understand that there is a well known park named after me!

I remember I was looking out at my grass shortly after getting our dog and saw all the dead patches of grass it had made while doing it's business in the back yard. It became known as the dog patch.
Right around the same time, I was sitting back on my deck thinking about doing something with my dog patch and I remembered that when I was young, I used to listen to a radio program with my Dad about Lil' Abner and the name Dogpatch came into mind. A eureka moment hit me and Dogpatch became my moniker.

As for my avatar, I looked on line for a dog photo and came across the bulldog and seeing "bull" printed on the sweatshirt, I correlated it with me always calling "Bull****" to most of what I hear, I knew instantly that this had to be my avatar.

I hope that clears it up.

Most of the above is not "Bull****" but it makes for a good story and I'm stickin to it.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:37 AM   #18656
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Ok just to keep you up to date on the darker area of the rainbow, say the brown side!

Don't walk away from the job and talk to pretty blond next door when filling up the black tank with extra water through the San-ti-flush! Man that thing fills up fast cause I wasn't talking long, I promise. So back home now and ready to shampoo the carpet. Yeah!
Mary should thump you upside the head.

However, I'm still sorry to hear that. I've come close to that but never achieved the overflow and I wasn't talking to anyone.

So tell us, how did Mary react.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:25 AM   #18657
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Mary should thump you upside the head.

However, I'm still sorry to hear that. I've come close to that but never achieved the overflow and I wasn't talking to anyone.

So tell us, how did Mary react.
I'd rather hear how the blonde reacted.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:30 AM   #18658

So no more details about the pretty blond next door? Just how long of a walk was it to go visitate with her? I have a similar problem, only the hot babes come over to visit me ... just when I'm in synch with some intense task like hooking up the toad. I know ... it's a curse, but I've learned to live with it.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:50 AM   #18659

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Good morning....!

I let this slip pass but here is the answer. Teffy (bob) is 1 year older than dirt, so he is the elder.

I'm looking forward to it. As for the hack, I'd like to say she promised me some favors, but that is out of the question. Example, she stated she didn't get me a birthday cake, so I suggested something else and she responded with, "Give me the keys to the car."

I'll look forward to the harassment, err well wishes, next year and for many years, I hope.

Don' let him kid you. When he walks, he has to hold out his arms so people will know if he is rolling or waddling.

Very nice, even the picture, well the right half of the picture as you look at it.

Now Wayne I'm only doing that when I do the wobble dance.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:54 AM   #18660

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:

Actions of a true male mutant.

Blonds cause more fun...
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:14 AM   #18661

Quote:

Oh Tim,

Sorry to read about the overflow of the tank, I'm surprised that the pressure blew past your toilet seal though. I have heard of incidents where the tank filled to the point of going out the top of the stack instead. It just goes to show you that you have to avoid all distractions to avoid gubernaculam getting inside the coach, thank you for testing this out for me on yours.

Cheers !!!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:35 AM   #18662

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:

Oh ewww....

MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote