Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2014, 09:47 AM   #18761

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequrtzl View Post
I just wanted to share with all my fellow mutants the joy I'm feeling right now. At 4:47 EST I became a grammy again. My grandson Jaymie came into this world weighing 8lbs 8oz and was 20 inches long. He is perfect in every way!

Congrats Dwayne and Shara on a fine looking new addition to the family!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2014, 09:52 AM   #18762

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Has anyone thought of doing a traveling gathering, where those of us that can, will caravan to several places over say two weeks staying at each place for like two days so that those that can only take two days or can't travel that far or so can join in at the location closest to them, as an example go from say, AZ to Mid AK then to NC, or any three or four places with two day stops where each has a local welcoming host who plans an event for their state/spot, and those who are able too travel follow the caravan, after all, aren't we just as much about the journey as we are the location just a thought

Yeah, I did peep about some such thing a while back. Nary a response, so I figured the idea was not well liked. Personally, I sort of hanker for a "rolling thunder" of Mutant rigs invading like locust then moving on in a few days after gathering up a few more Mutants, local cats, dogs, and kids. Some may drop out after a few stops and go other directions. Drives the bounty hunters crazy trying to keep track of us that way.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:13 AM   #18763

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wow - too much to respond to at the moment --- but have to say ---- what a cute granny and little one!!
Oh yeah - One other thing Wayne - just cause your lardess shadow is cast across 46 states while standing in 23 - doesn't mean you've "covered them". And the ones you covered with Lewis and Clark don't count.... just sayin'...

Haha hahaha
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:15 AM   #18764
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I just wanted to share with all my fellow mutants the joy I'm feeling right now. At 4:47 EST I became a grammy again. My grandson Jaymie came into this world weighing 8lbs 8oz and was 20 inches long. He is perfect in every way!
Precious little one!! Glad he's safely arrived.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:04 AM   #18765

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Wow - too much to respond to at the moment --- but have to say ---- what a cute granny and little one!!
Oh yeah - One other thing Wayne - just cause your lardess shadow is cast across 46 states while standing in 23 - doesn't mean you've "covered them". And the ones you covered with Lewis and Clark don't count.... just sayin'...

Haha hahaha

Rofl
Old 07-09-2014, 01:27 PM   #18766

On July 8th I issued an RVM CHALLENGE!!!!!

Here is a shameless repeat promo for the challenge.

Some of you have responded with suggestions on www.rvmutants.com
Steve and I thank you for that!

WE NEED MORE!!!!!!

Load us up, bombard us, bury with suggestions so I will shut the heck up!

Where shall we have Son of GC@CL?

If every RVM puts in one suggestion in the NEXT 2 WEEKS, we can maybe formulate a good selection of locations.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled Mutation!
Dave
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:38 PM   #18767

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Looking to declare I am a Mutant. My Phaeton does not have autopilot and since we both love to drive we do not miss it. I'm sure there are other things we don't have, but we don't miss them so can't even figure out what they might be.

Of course the journey is the destination! Why else get out on the road?

We are most timers with an apartment in Rochester NY that we visit from time to time so our doctors know where to find us. We claim TX domicile and the handle - xctraveler - defines what we do so we can visit grandchildren on both coasts.

Waiting now for my number.
Paul Rocking down the road in our '12 Phaeton 36QSH, (in service May 2012 ) We tow an '11 4 dr Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - Read my blog at https://goldberg-online.net/
xctraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:59 PM   #18768

Quote:
Originally Posted by xctraveler View Post
Looking to declare I am a Mutant. My Phaeton does not have autopilot and since we both love to drive we do not miss it. I'm sure there are other things we don't have, but we don't miss them so can't even figure out what they might be.

We are most timers with an apartment in Rochester NY that we visit from time to time so our doctors know where to find us. We claim TX domicile and the handle - xctraveler - defines what we do so we can visit grandchildren on both coasts.

WELCOME, xctraveler! You have met all (both) of our severly stingent qualifications, and are hereby proclaimed RVM86!

You are now free to roam about RVMdom and choose any part of the Rainbow that you would prefer to wander.
You will get "Welcomes" from many STMs (Sick Twisted Mutants) shortly.
I hope you find RVMville as pleasant as we do, and look forward to knowing more about you.

I see you have a Wrangler, and a Rubicon at that. I hope you like to get yours as dirty as some of us do!

Again, WELCOME RVM86!!!!!!
Dave, RVM1
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:01 PM   #18769

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:

Well I don't give out numbers but welcome! I like you already, you may consider the elite group within the mutant group. The IWARP group which at this moment consist of me and DW. I Want A Rubicon People! Lol

Welcome, RVM 2 keeps the numbers hermetically sealed in a fruit jar under his bed and will be along soon!
Old 07-09-2014, 02:08 PM   #18770

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
WELCOME, xctraveler! You have met all (both) of our severly stingent qualifications, and are hereby proclaimed RVM86!

You are now free to roam about RVMdom and choose any part of the Rainbow that you would prefer to wander.
You will get "Welcomes" from many STMs (Sick Twisted Mutants) shortly.
I hope you find RVMville as pleasant as we do, and look forward to knowing more about you.

I see you have a Wrangler, and a Rubicon at that. I hope you like to get yours as dirty as some of us do!

Again, WELCOME RVM86!!!!!!
Dave, RVM1
Hello xctraveler !!!

And welcome to the rainbow may the wind always be at your back and the sun shine brightly through your front window, the rainbow is a wonderful place and we look forward to your quips and quotes and ponderances. And the fact that ya tow a Jeep ... well ... yeeeeee haaaaa the more the merrier !

Shara and Dwayne congrats on the new grandson ..... um sure Dwayne can hardly wait to get him on the bike.

Cheers !!!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:18 PM   #18771

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Jeep not only gets dirty it carries its share of Texas PinStriping too. Off Road is the place to be. We do boondock mostly in the desert SW and carry solar to keep it quieter - sure doesn't save money in the first several years.

I look forward to getting to know this group. Found you on RVillage so I know I'll be able to find you as we roll.

Sitting in Rochester until mid August visiting with non mobile friends and various members of the medical profession, got to keep them well supplied with money. Plan on moving out mid August to see some of NYS (as if we haven't lived here all our lives until we got bit by the RV bug) then moving south before moving west.
Paul Rocking down the road in our '12 Phaeton 36QSH, (in service May 2012 ) We tow an '11 4 dr Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - Read my blog at https://goldberg-online.net/
xctraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:07 PM   #18772

Quote:
Jeep not only gets dirty it carries its share of Texas PinStriping too. Off Road is the place to be. We do boondock mostly in the desert SW and carry solar to keep it quieter - sure doesn't save money in the first several years.

I look forward to getting to know this group. Found you on RVillage so I know I'll be able to find you as we roll.

Sitting in Rochester until mid August visiting with non mobile friends and various members of the medical profession, got to keep them well supplied with money. Plan on moving out mid August to see some of NYS (as if we haven't lived here all our lives until we got bit by the RV bug) then moving south before moving west.

Hi # 86 Xctraveler.... I will approve you on Rvillage as soon as I get this typed..... I have a mini jeep (wrangler) but it is still a jeep.. We also give out our real names.... Or some of us do SMILE...
Welcome... Enjoy our thread,,, you will soon understand the mutantcy.....

Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:22 PM   #18773

R U an RV Mutant too?

Dwayne and Shara, congratulations on that new littl'un! Sweet, sweet, sweet! And Shara makes a lovely Grammy!

Xctraveler, #86, welcome to the Mutanthood and the rainbow. It's quite a place, and we're glad to share it with you and DW. Hint: Keep your pants legs rolled up, as it gets kinda deep now and again. Naming no names....

See you on the road or at a GC somewhere.

Cheers!
Sue #36
Old 07-09-2014, 03:22 PM   #18774

Any chance of a list of the suggestions made so far being posted here or on the RVM2 website?
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote