Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2014, 10:00 AM   #18915

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
I don't know. My Platinum F150 4x4 is pretty cushy! Nicest vehicle I have ever owned. I love the electric fold out running boards!
It's really quiet, smooth ride, has every option available and can do virtually everything I need. I haven't needed to do any rock climbing though.
I'm betting it will climb rocks with the best of them. In fact - If I had the $ - and Bonita had couple 100 more horses - I would probably have one too. I agree with on that one.

As a practical matter for us - Annie circles car daily looking for dings or scratches. She would be - and I would too - a nervous wreck off road worrying about scratching and banging her baby.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2014, 10:04 AM   #18916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
The Little Red River, just below the dam at Greers Ferry Lake, AR.... We are here.... But this is low water pic.... Attachment 67537Attachment 67538

Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!

Two grands are here, 5 & 3yo...... Just found out the others will join ys in an hour, 4,2 yo and 6 mo.
This will be one tired Di tomorrow....

Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:23 AM   #18917

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Two grands are here, 5 & 3yo...... Just found out the others will join ys in an hour, 4,2 yo and 6 mo.

So Di it just occurred to me your in a camper Down By The River!

Have fun with those kids, it's going to be a hot one today so stick those toes in the cold water running out of that dam!
Old 07-12-2014, 11:13 AM   #18918

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I have a Jeep with 400K on it (built in the states so in miles) and it's scratched all over like a well used Jeep should be. A friend has a similar (much newer Jeep) and he always marvels at the scratches on mine. The difference is mine takes me fishing in some pretty well off the road places. I have no qualms about driving three miles up a trail everyone else walks (no knees remember) to get to nice trout.

I mentioned to my buddy that the only off road his Jeep sees is the gravel driveway at his cottage. He would be just as well served with a Yarrow or however its spelt.

Now if you want to get a 1/4 mile away in a heck of a hurry try one of these. https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=iYol7m3WjGQ

On the road and maybe will be back on regularly. Next stop New Westminster BC.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:52 AM   #18919

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Well our week in Panama City is about to come to a close. Grands team got eliminated from the tournament yesterday by a very good team from TN. Leaving tomorrow to head back to Tx for a couple days then on to CA for the other grands World Series Tourney. I'm anxious to see them play but not looking forward to 2100 mile drive. Gonna take it nice and easy, don't have to be there for ten more days. Hope everyone is doing well on the rainbow.

Betsy I'm glad to see you venturing out now. Best of luck to you as you start a new chapter in your life. You go girl!
Old 07-12-2014, 12:46 PM   #18920

Quote:

Now, if you hold the youngest and have the rest do some water colors, perhaps your genetics will bloom on paper!

Relish the time, and sleep well, as my grandmothers did. 😇❤️
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:37 PM   #18921

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Our new Cherokee IS comfortable! (Especially compared to the Wrangler.) We also let it park itself for us today ... a weird experience, but very efficient. Odd thing: it can't do that in a big empty car park. It has to see a gap between 2 cars in order to park.

Jeep wars? What Jeep wars?

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things

Jeep wars?
We dont need no stinking Jeep wars!

About ride.
A comfortable ride is engineered into vehicles that are made for comfortable people that choose to travel smooth, comfortable roads and not "feel" the road. These folks have a "Smoothie" gene in their DNA.

A firm ride and high clearance is engineered into vehicles that are made for people that have a Jeep gene in their DNA that provides a need to creep up and down steep, rocky slopes. Hence the term "Jeepers Creepers".

Simple as that.
🙈🙉🙊
Old 07-12-2014, 02:39 PM   #18922

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:

Or, OR, Dear Di, how about driving the grands down a dirt road and let them try their skill at Dirty Car Art?

Downright nifty!

http://www.dirtycarart.com/grime-scene/
Old 07-12-2014, 03:38 PM   #18923

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Annie circles car daily looking for dings or scratches. She would be - and I would too - a nervous wreck off road worrying about scratching and banging her baby.
Just take a hammer out and make a small ding somewhere not very noticeable and get it over with already. Once it has it's first ding you can relax and not worry about it so much. Trust me, it will save your sanity.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:53 PM   #18924

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:

As a practical matter for us - Annie circles car daily looking for dings or scratches. She would be - and I would too - a nervous wreck off road worrying about scratching and banging her baby.
A car salesperson told us a story about a lady that bought a car and when they delivered it with her license plates on it she asks them to remove the rear plate just for a moment. They said sure and wondered why. After they removed it she took her new key and put a big scratch on the surface covered by the plate and told them to put the plate back on. She then said now it already has had its first scratch so new, minor scratches won't be a big deal. That was one COOL LADY!
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:59 PM   #18925

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
I'm betting it will climb rocks with the best of them. In fact - If I had the $ - and Bonita had couple 100 more horses - I would probably have one too. I agree with on that one.

Red has some marks of distinguished service. But they are just rock chips on the front from off-roading. No side scratches...yet; they must be earned!

Gwen came pre-supplied with marks of experience. Added 2 more myself. Part of the pride of ownership....and the education that DUH earns me.
Old 07-12-2014, 05:04 PM   #18926

I may never dance again!
This Golden Retriever is genius!

Old 07-12-2014, 07:42 PM   #18927

Really hard to get all 5 grandchildren to look and smile....
But here they are.... All 5 that is....

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1405215537.960970.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	779.7 KB
ID:	67705

And the oldest four in the creek, my 2 sons too....

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1405215649.708916.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	944.3 KB
ID:	67706

Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:45 PM   #18928

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Really hard to get all 5 grandchildren to look and smile....
But here they are.... All 5 that is....

Attachment 67705

And the oldest four in the creek, my 2 sons too....

Attachment 67706

Picture Perfect!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote