Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2013, 11:21 PM   #1919

I must say that talking about cold things is helpful right now. 88 F here at midnight. Coupled with a bit of humidity and you have the makings of a sweltering situation.

Of course we are comfy inside with A/C. Power company made an announcement that brown outs might be expected if the high temps persist. It has been years since I've been in a brownout, but the way it was done the last time it was called a "rolling brownout". Meaning a cut of all power in sections of town for short spans of time. Does not seem to bode well for electronic equipment. I hate to reset the digital timers. Sometimes I can ignore flashing 12:00, but eventually I'm shamed into going though the trauma of doing all the resetting.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2013, 11:54 PM   #1920

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I'm thinkin about this one.
Has a Mutant look.

Attachment 42336
I've had a lot of time to ponder as I drive across Texas and New Mexico and my mutated mind keeps going back to this sign. Where is cows falling off a cliff such a problem that they have to post a sign to warn you about it?

Drove for over 30 minutes today without another vehicle in sight! The end of the earth.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:35 AM   #1921

Finished packing the MH up tonight. Poured a bottle of formaldehyde in the black tank, checked on the Norcold and loaded a few more things in it. We are leaving in the morning to go to a group campsite at lake Wilson this weekend. Omg it is morning already. Pulling two jet skies, no toad to the lake as we just got them and they have never been wet. 260 HP Sea Doos. This will be all oil field people and all 15 sites will be full. Lots of mutants will be there I am sure. No I will not launch the skies with the MH. Some other mutant will have to do that with a pickup or SUV as the lake is so low you can run out of ramp before you get your boat in the water. I don't think the Newmar would float for too long! This is a private party so the mutation may go to extremes.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:01 AM   #1922

The skies.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	272.5 KB
ID:	42618  
Old 07-19-2013, 05:05 AM   #1923
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post

I've had a lot of time to ponder as I drive across Texas and New Mexico and my mutated mind keeps going back to this sign. Where is cows falling off a cliff such a problem that they have to post a sign to warn you about it?

Drove for over 30 minutes today without another vehicle in sight! The end of the earth.
Actually stole it from a FB post. It just looked Mutant. Didnt put any thought into it.
My thoughts are full enough designing rough outlines of our trip to Maine, picking places to see and scenic or off-road drives.
But the pick does kinda fit RVMdom, yes?

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:08 AM   #1924
RVM1

Good morning RVMs!

Lots of ponderances lately. My turn....

Hey Steve, your words hit me. "The whole idea of displaying an "attitude" in driving large vehicles seems like the same idea behind burning rubber in front of your high school back in the day. It has little to do with driving and more to do with creating a sense of self that is unnecessary for the true mutant."

I like to think of it as burning a wee bit of rubber every day. I now rub off 10,000 miles of rubber in 10,000 miles, when I used to do it in one shot on Lake Street in Minneapolis. But now I get no citations for it.

On taking a $50 campsite versus renting a hotel room, better to drive a closet than to pack a suitcase.

On the S&B tools we left behind, it's not that I cant do things anymore, it's that I dont have to.

On ponderances in general, even if the voices are not real, they often have some good ideas!

Have a wonderful day, my friends!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2234863342.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	246.5 KB
ID:	42623

Old 07-19-2013, 06:17 AM   #1925
RVM1

Sno-cones.

When I got my allowance of 35c from Mom, went right to the shopping center with my best bud on our bikes.

For a nickle there were a lot of choices. After selecting a candy bar, usually a Snickers, it came down to the sweet, cooling finale, a Sno-cone or a DQ cone. The DQ usually got that nickle.

With 25c left, to the Richfield theater for the Saturday matinee, complete with at least 2 WB cartoons. Ate the Snickers there. Popcorn if I had saved 10c from last week.

How many of you could make 35c go that far, back when?

Sometimes, my bud and I would plan an entire weekend of biking and camping down by the river. For that we needed some serious cash for our food stash as it would require a few Slim Jims. I would have my Mom hold my allowance for 3 weeks so I would have $1.05 to squander!

Old 07-19-2013, 06:30 AM   #1926
RVM1

On cars...

My bud had a Corvair Spider with a 4-speed in the mid 70s and would let me drive it from time to time.

I had a Ford with 3 on the floor, and as I drove the Corvair it would sometimes groan as I started out, and my bud would remind me "Dave, try the 'other' 1st gear".

My current transmission, Al, is much smarter than I am.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:33 AM   #1927
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
Finished packing the MH up tonight. Poured a bottle of formaldehyde in the black tank, checked on the Norcold and loaded a few more things in it. We are leaving in the morning to go to a group campsite at lake Wilson this weekend. Omg it is morning already. Pulling two jet skies, no toad to the lake as we just got them and they have never been wet. 260 HP Sea Doos. This will be all oil field people and all 15 sites will be full. Lots of mutants will be there I am sure. No I will not launch the skies with the MH. Some other mutant will have to do that with a pickup or SUV as the lake is so low you can run out of ramp before you get your boat in the water. I don't think the Newmar would float for too long! This is a private party so the mutation may go to extremes.
KSCRUDE, I cannot imagine a jet ski that has over 90% of the HP of my Wrangler!

Do you take any blackmail pics during the "extremes"?

Old 07-19-2013, 06:50 AM   #1928
RVM1

BTW, my first auto ride was in a 1932 Ford Coupe with a rumble seat. That is what Dad had. My first ride was on our way back from the home of the midwife. I dont recall it.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:32 AM   #1929

Quote:
KSCRUDE, I cannot imagine a jet ski that has over 90% of the HP of my Wrangler!

Do you take any blackmail pics during the "extremes"?
Our wrangler is an 11 model and it only has 202 HP. I know in 12 they got a big jump with the new 3.6 to something like 285 HP. I have never rode a jet ski with over 130 HP so this will be a new experience. Noticed that crude oil is up to $108.58 this morning. Better fill them RVs up if you can as fuel will follow shortly.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:48 AM   #1930

Actually, that's quite a bit more than my coach with 230 HP.

Tom
Old 07-19-2013, 08:06 AM   #1931
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post

Our wrangler is an 11 model and it only has 202 HP. I know in 12 they got a big jump with the new 3.6 to something like 285 HP. I have never rode a jet ski with over 130 HP so this will be a new experience. Noticed that crude oil is up to $108.58 this morning. Better fill them RVs up if you can as fuel will follow shortly.
I waited for the 12. Yep, 285. Dont need the extra power but the suspension and trans are nice, on and off-road.

Never road a jet ski. Most of my water time has a fishing pole involved. :-)
I did water ski a bit. Some of my spills back then would have made me a You-Tube millionaire today!

Fuel prices have never influenced my travels. But the tank is always full when I park it. You will burn a $ or 2 with your toys. Have fun, Mutant.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:22 AM   #1932
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
I did water ski a bit. Some of my spills back then would have made me a You-Tube millionaire today!
When we had our ski boat, pulling people on a tube was always a favorite.
I was on the tube one time with my wife driving the boat. She went over a wake and I saw the "SKY" under the boat.

My first thought was "This isn't going to turn out good cause I'm about to hit the same wake"!

It wasn't! My wife saw me about 20' in the air. Drank half the lake on that one!