Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2014, 08:11 AM   #19531
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
This is what you will need for newer iPads.
Attached Images

Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2014, 09:03 AM   #19532

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Them there Ipads sure seem like a lot of trouble to use - any old USB cables work with Paleo comuptin' equipment... I say Mushmouse - you folks need to get off the apple Crack and just get ya something with USB slots - expandable memory - replaceable and back up batteries. You got the finest tent of a computer money can buy.... 😈
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:07 AM   #19533

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Them there Ipads sure seem like a lot of trouble to use - any old USB cables work with Paleo comuptin' equipment... I say Mushmouse - you folks need to get off the apple Crack and just get ya something with USB slots - expandable memory - replaceable and back up batteries. You got the finest tent of a computer money can buy.... ��
Shssssss, Steve's still in denial. Lol. (Posted from my IPad)
Old 07-25-2014, 09:31 AM   #19534
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Them there Ipads sure seem like a lot of trouble to use - any old USB cables work with Paleo comuptin' equipment... I say Mushmouse - you folks need to get off the apple Crack and just get ya something with USB slots - expandable memory - replaceable and back up batteries. You got the finest tent of a computer money can buy.... 😈
Well shucks! I use USB cables with the iPad4. Only difference is that they make a cable with the small connect (as shown above) with a USB connector on the other end. So whatchyatalkinbout.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:35 AM   #19535

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Well shucks! I use USB cables with the iPad4. Only difference is that they make a cable with the small connect (as shown above) with a USB connector on the other end. So whatchyatalkinbout.
I don't care what ya use so there.
😀
Old 07-25-2014, 10:11 AM   #19536

Quote:

Steve. I have a nice Dell laptop in my studio..... But I am so addicted to apples that i seldom use it.... Thinking about the new MAC air, But cant bring myself to pay for it yet.... Especially since there is also a desktop in studio too....

I havent updated to newer ipad or iphone because of the smaller plug.... I have too many of the old cords.... I use an ipad 2, have an ipad and android tablet for grandkids to use.... I do not like the droid operating systems...... I am on my 3rd iphone, almost 2 years old, and both of my previous phones still work..... I am still impressed with the quality of apple products....

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:32 AM   #19537

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Steve. I have a nice Dell laptop in my studio..... But I am so addicted to apples that i seldom use it.... Thinking about the new MAC air, But cant bring myself to pay for it yet.... Especially since there is also a desktop in studio too....

I havent updated to newer ipad or iphone because of the smaller plug.... I have too many of the old cords.... I use an ipad 2, have an ipad and android tablet for grandkids to use.... I do not like the droid operating systems...... I am on my 3rd iphone, almost 2 years old, and both of my previous phones still work..... I am still impressed with the quality of apple products....

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
When they had a unique risk processor back in the day - I had a G2 I belive it was and another something or other... and a AGFA pro scanner and on and on... but using plain old computers for business the last 27 years - and the almost equal if not better dual core processing speeds in computers - it really comes down to exactly what you say - what OS you like better. As for the memory and battery issue - I do prefer being able to add memory and change batteries over not...

But really - Apple / PC - Jeep / Not - Class A - Pop Up -- all comes down to personal preference and $ to spend. To each their own. Today I have PC and Droid - tomorrow I may have something else. I'm married to Annie - not operating systems 👍👍👍👍💘💘💝
Old 07-25-2014, 10:38 AM   #19538

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
I don't care what ya use so there.
😀
Remember we are RVmutants. Anything and everything is acceptable.

On a personal note --Sena and I are headed back to the river for the weekend to help with the planning for Don's homecoming now scheduled for 8/6. Balloons, yellow ribbons and a Welcome Home Don banner are in the works as well as a hospital bed, 2 special wheelchairs, a hoyer lift, suction equipment, tube feeding supplies, etc, etc, etc. It will take a village and a truck load of equipment and supplies to care for him.

Don is making steady progress, but it's baby steps. His body is slowly regaining function and he works VERY hard all day long. He walks thru the halls with the aid of a Lite Gait which supports him upright, but it takes 3 people to get him in it and assist with his stepping. The smile on his face is priceless. The old Don emerges for those 20 minutes he is upright and taking steps. Yesterday morning he woke up had new movement in his left arm. The nerves are coming back and starting to work, but his muscles are very weak.

I will be staying in WA this winter again so I can help with Don's care and therapy. Until his trach is out he will need someone with him 24/7 who can suction the mucous out of his lungs. I got checked off on that skill and most of the other care needs yesterday. I'll return to the hospital and stay thru Thursday. An LPN works with him Fri-Sun.

Thank you all for your prayers and get well wishes!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:34 AM   #19539

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Some of us don't need no stinking cables.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:39 AM   #19540

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
Some of us don't need no stinking cables.
Ugh make fire ring. Now to find fire...
Old 07-25-2014, 11:42 AM   #19541

Fleetwood Owners Club
And this my friends is a fine example that this group will argue, pontificate, over anything!

Posted from my IPad, while shopping for a Jeep! Lol
Old 07-25-2014, 11:47 AM   #19542

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
And this my friends is a fine example that this group will argue, pontificate, over anything!

Naw ah....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1406310415554.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	69015  
Old 07-25-2014, 12:12 PM   #19543

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Herb,
We have made the trip from San Diego to Whidbey Island, WA and the temperatures were 65-75 degrees, except S Fran, it got a little chilly but just light jacket wear. Loved the climate. Going to do it again next year, hopefully.
Is the Chez Dalla-Vicenza on that itinerary?

Quote:
We had a huge storm go through our area yesterday. It lasted all day. Lightning, torrential rain, wind. Trees down, power lines down. Our crews worked till 3 AM. I was back at it at 5:30AM.

Man, being on call sucks!

This is a picture of a tree that was struck by lightning in my neighbors yard around 5:00PM yesterday. That tree is about 150 from where my house is.

Close!
We are in Saskatchewan helping my buddy put up a new roof on his house. Have you ever stretched huge tarps in that high wind scenario in the middle of the night while hades throws everything it has at you? The winds were around 60K (40M) rained about 2" overnight and the lightening was almost constant so we didn't need flashlights. The weather was supposed to be clear and hot for the week but you know all about climate change eh? It has rained for about three straight days and I'm getting antsy sitting here doing nada. Running out of time we can dedicate to helping. have a fambly reunion to attend and a mini-c in Vernon on the 31st in the evening.

Quote:
Them there Ipads sure seem like a lot of trouble to use - any old USB cables work with Paleo comuptin' equipment... I say Mushmouse - you folks need to get off the apple Crack and just get ya something with USB slots - expandable memory - replaceable and back up batteries. You got the finest tent of a computer money can buy.... ��
A while back I watched a TV documentary where the presenter made the claim that Apple users and afficandoes can be likened to members of a cult religion. They believe theirs is the better way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post

And you expected otherwise??????
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:19 PM   #19544

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Son of....

Did I miss something in my quick scan of your wordy postings? I see a mention of an exclusive place for the pending son of GC? where and when is my main question and concern?
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote