Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2014, 05:38 PM   #19769

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
I'm looking for a Nikon camera dslr or slr. For shara I'll even trade my 47 in 3d smart tv for a nice one.
This is what I'm looking at... but first I need to go through the other two camera bags. I'm gonna end up raising at least one 35 mm body and 2 or 3 pieces of glass Dave.... and it may not owe me anything but it is sad to think it is worthless. It is all in great shape. There's only a few places even teaching students 35 mm film around here (or anywhere probably). We used to have KEH Camera here - but think they are only in Atlanta now.... and the prices are Sooo low. Hardly worth the effort.

As it it is - this Fuji (or whatever I decide on) will be the last camera I ever buy.... so it will for sure owe me nothing... oh the humanity....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1406849510590.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	69535   Click image for larger version

Name:	1406849523114.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	69536  

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2014, 06:14 PM   #19770

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Hey Steve - good to hear from ya. We're you talking Idaho or California.... or both. Herb had a great beach location in San Diego - but can't imagine a difficult last 200 there other than - hey it's California man...
I was talking about the post in Idaho. Sometimes nice attractions/CG are located in out of the way places. Interstate to within 200 miles and then hope for the best on the final roads to the location.

We mutants need to catalog "drop dead gorgeous" locations with campgrounds to match. We could do it on a specials "drop down" on RVMmutants.com or similar. Pictures would help on the post. Facilities don't need to be awesome and the price of admission doesn't need to be 70+ dollars to qualify. Ample facilities for a MH "landing" and a wonderful view or gorgeous area to explore will suffice. For example, Dolores River Colorado comes to mind (shade, trout stream, mountains, friendly managers, etc)
Old 07-31-2014, 06:21 PM   #19771

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
I was talking about the post in Idaho. Sometimes nice attractions/CG are located in out of the way places. Interstate to within 200 miles and then hope for the best on the final roads to the location.

We mutants need to catalog "drop dead gorgeous" locations with campgrounds to match. We could do it on a specials "drop down" on RVMmutants.com or similar. Pictures would help on the post. Facilities don't need to be awesome and the price of admission doesn't need to be 70+ dollars to qualify. Ample facilities for a MH "landing" and a wonderful view or gorgeous area to explore will suffice. For example, Dolores River Colorado comes to mind (shade, trout stream, mountains, friendly managers, etc)
I'm with you Steve.... that Dolores River was beautiful. I could the river go by in the pic Sarah posted... and McCall Idaho looked like the kind of place I could settle into for a month or two...
Old 07-31-2014, 06:30 PM   #19772

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
(Groan). This old lady got up at 7am so I could spend the day in the hospital with Don going to his therapy sessions. I have 4 minutes left until I go back. What happened to retirement?
Barb, your caring heart and your love for others trumps your desire to sit and do nothing but watch the river pass by. God bless you for your willingness to be a wonderful caregiver.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:32 PM   #19773

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
The Smithsonian might take them. LOL

Nikor and other bayonet latch lenses have value on newer digital SLRs. But not much. 😁
Mine were Vivitar and Pentax. The screwey screw mount kind.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:37 PM   #19774

Quote:
It just dawned on me...
Tina and Wayne have stopped sharing pictures. Suppose they are keeping secrets... best places to stay... best bacon... what could it be? Where are they?
Still here! On the last camping night before getting home tomorrow, currently west of Ottawa. Will try to post some pix then. Has been a fun but rather wet trip the past 2 weeks. More to see and do than time allowed in Quebec city and Montreal (which I left 45 years ago!) A long day today, as DH left his I-pod at the gas station an hour and a half back from the campground, so I had to make the trek there and back to retrieve. He owes me big time.
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:41 PM   #19775

Quote:
So I finally called the camera shop. No value here.... 35 mm film camera and etc won't even trade locally. Eek....
I managed to give some of mine to my son, also a photographer.

www.brendanmartinphoto.com

However, all my darkroom stuff had to go, as everything I do is now digital.
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:42 PM   #19776

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
Still here! On the last camping night before getting home tomorrow, currently west of Ottawa. Will try to post some pix then. Has been a fun but rather wet trip the past 2 weeks. More to see and do than time allowed in Quebec city and Montreal (which I left 45 years ago!) A long day today, as DH left his I-pod at the gas station an hour and a half back from the campground, so I had to make the trek there and back to retrieve. He owes me big time.

How could your DH possibly make up for such a faux pas?
Look forward to pics!
Old 07-31-2014, 06:44 PM   #19777

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Chuck - I cut my power cord and installed the portable in the bay as a plug and play with my Power Master Voltage Controller - can have both the PI & PM VC or either 1 or neither 1 inline by pulling a plug.. but if ya like Waynes method better...
Great idea, but my power bay is small and has this electric windy thing for my power cord. What a waste of space for a motorized way to bring in 50' of power cable. Another example of something I have that really isn't needed.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:49 PM   #19778

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I donated 2 SLR bodies, 8 lenses and a ton of accessories because nobody wanted them. However, all together it owed me nothing. 😄
Attachment 69531
Attachment 69532
Attachment 69533
Cute kids Dave! Hard to believe you / we were ever that young.... then again, sometimes seems like yesterday...
---------
So... Not quite 3 generations of Canon power --- AE-1 Program with original power winder - EOS A2E - and Rebel 2000 ... The little 28-105 EF 3.5-4.5 is a nice little lense...

When shooting wildlife the Tokina 400 mm 5.6 with Prova or Velvia was a workhorse for me. The 70-200 2.8 Sigma was (is excellent) and at $750 back around '98 or '99 it was a bargain. Both came with tripod collars which was nice.

One thing about the new Fuji mirrorless system is wireless connectivity to Android and iOS
for file review and transfer to your phone or tablet and will emulate Provia, Velvia and Astia film.

I sure appreciate you mutants letting me cry in my beer about the demise of 35 mm print and transparency... and let me get comfortable with moving on. I much prefer to let it got and move on to full time than to have passed away myself with it in a closet. I suppose that's what The Grand Poobah means when he says it owed him nothing.

I also know that in giving it up there is growth. It's not like it was taken from me or destroyed. It just ran it's course - and as economists would say - it's marginal utility reached zero - zip - nada....
Old 07-31-2014, 06:50 PM   #19779

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The trio...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1406854245322.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	69546  
Old 07-31-2014, 06:54 PM   #19780

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
Great idea, but my power bay is small and has this electric windy thing for my power cord. What a waste of space for a motorized way to bring in 50' of power cable. Another example of something I have that really isn't needed.

Trade you for a door awning!
Wait, I already have an electric windy thing for my power cord.
Never mind.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:16 PM   #19781

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
...... A while back Campdaven was in a DEEP quandary and posted a thread to that effect. What troubled him was that his current MH has lots of toys, FAR more than his previous rigs, BUT he does not have:
"Heat pumps, TPMS, 4 slides (only 2), Electric basement door locks, Keyless entry, ScanGuage (et al), Residential refer, Solar panels, LED lights, Satellite dish, Clear coat, Diamond Shield, Bra, Toad guard, Full width Mud flap, Spare tire, Engine performance chip, Motion sensor lights, Window awnings, Mini-fridge - Freezer, Washer/dryer, Ice maker, Dishwasher, Extra bath, Extend-a-stay, Outdoor recliners, Exhaust brake, Bike rack, A BIRD? (no clue), Rope lights, 2 way radio.....
-------

I think he now has all of those things. Is this what mutanty looks like.... or is this really mutation. I think we are back to the original intent - whatever makes you happy -

But I do not have a windy thing and do not miss it!

RVM2
Old 07-31-2014, 07:41 PM   #19782

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Afternoon Muteys!

Well I wish I had good news to report but that is not the case. Texas Elite got beat out on the first day! Lost a 2-0 game to Ohio team then lost 5-3 to a Tennessee team. We stranded way too many on base that we couldn't get home cause the whole team was flat. Hitting has always been their strong suit but not this week. The coaches didn't have to say much because they were already down on themselves. They came here with the talent to go deep in this tourney and instead got their hat handed to them early. Oh well learn from your failures and build on it for next year.

On a brighter note we happen to have five different college coaches watching the last loss. The LSU coach and one from Tennessee both said they were impressed with our twin grAnd-daughters and are keeping them on their radar. Of course we were beaming about that. But they also said the whole team looked out of sync. Doesn't take a college coach to see that the way things were going. Soooo on with the rest of our trip. We will be heading North up to Yosemite if the fires don't keep us away. Hope all is well on the rainbow.