Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2014, 06:46 PM   #19825

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Does this mean we can quit holding our breath, then? I mean, I've gone this unhealthy shade of blue...!
Of course... I have sort of been holding mine...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2014, 06:57 PM   #19826

Quote:
Does this mean we can quit holding our breath, then? I mean, I've gone this unhealthy shade of blue...!

Smurf blue? By the way, what color does a Smurf turn when you choke it?
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:11 PM   #19827
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Excellent point Don! First Ever Canadian Mutant Curiosity July 31st 2014. A historic day indeed.

Glad we were able to help with this important event!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:27 PM   #19828
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Here's my "Deal of the Week"!

When I bought the Beaver, it came without a Combo Washer/Dryer. I've been looking around and my local RV Shop I deal with had a Splendide 6000 sitting out front. It was missing the chrome door ring and the timer was sticking. I said I'd take it. I found a door on line and ordered it. I went to get the washer today and they sold it yesterday. They had put my name on it but the wind blew the tag away and another sales guy sold it. They told me to bring the door in and my receipt and they would pay me for the door I had ordered. I was a bit PO'd but it was nice they offered to take care of my expenses.

A half hour later, they phoned me and asked if I would be interested in a 1 year old Splendide 210XC that was used twice. I said uh....yes! He said a guy just came in with a newer 5th wheel and wanted to have the washer pulled out to make room for more storage. He asked me what I would pay. I said I'd be willing to pay $300. He called me back 10 minutes later and said "It's yours"!

I checked on line. It would cost me $1500 CAD to buy it plus shipping. I saved $1200 plus tax and shipping!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1406946143.373330.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	560.9 KB
ID:	69645
Old 08-01-2014, 08:32 PM   #19829

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post

When I bought the Beaver, it came without a Combo Washer/Dryer. I've been looking around and my local RV Shop I deal with had a Splendide 6000 sitting out front. It was missing the chrome door ring and the timer was sticking. I said I'd take it. I found a door on line and ordered it. I went to get the washer today and they sold it yesterday. They had put my name on it but the wind blew the tag away and another sales guy sold it. They told me to bring the door in and my receipt and they would pay me for the door I had ordered. I was a bit PO'd but it was nice they offered to take care of my expenses.

A half hour later, they phoned me and asked if I would be interested in a 1 year old Splendide 210XC that was used twice. I said uh....yes! He said a guy just came in with a newer 5th wheel and wanted to have the washer pulled out to make room for more storage. He asked me what I would pay. I said I'd be willing to pay $300. He called me back 10 minutes later and said "It's yours"!

I checked on line. It would cost me $1500 CAD to buy it plus shipping. I saved $1200 plus tax and shipping!

Attachment 69645

And I LOVE mine..... It was my only request....
Just dont overstuff it...
And we did use it while driving.... So convenient.....
Good deal...

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:11 PM   #19830

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:

Attachment 69645
Just saw an add from Camping World. They had it on sale for $995.99 US. Hope the exchange rate isn't that drastic.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:07 PM   #19831

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Haven't read past this post yet, but I should point out that Timarti and I and respective spouses met up in Goshen quite a while ago. So there's your pioneering Canadian! Take a bow, Tina!

Cheers!
Sue
Well...I guess we need pictures and dates to properly annotate this event in RVM History files.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:26 AM   #19832

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Evening Muteys!

Well did my ketchup reading and it seems all is calm on the rainbow. Barb you are a saint! So glad to hear that Don continues to progress in his comeback. He must be one tuff cookie. You are more than a good friend to him and his wife and I know he will appreciate your help when he gets home.

Stevie see your getting some much needed rain and unseasonably cooler weather. Boy we wish all mutants could be here in San Diego to enjoy this beautiful weather and this fantastic city. But all good things must come to an end so tomorrow we move North to Mariposa KOA for several days to enjoy Yosemite. We have never been there so we are super excited to go there.

Now Wayne, I know who got all the looks in the family and it certainly was not the rotund fella on the left! But we hope you guys are enjoying your visit with the family.

So everyone have a great evening and we will check in with pics in a couple of days. In the meantime we walked along the beachfront checking out the villas for sale and for rent. Told ya I didn't want to leave here!

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1406960752.278196.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	894.2 KB
ID:	69659Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1406960778.566492.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	563.4 KB
ID:	69660
Old 08-02-2014, 07:07 AM   #19833

Ok who will be in AZ this winter and when Shara and I plan on being there late October early November

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:45 AM   #19834
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
Just saw an add from Camping World. They had it on sale for $995.99 US. Hope the exchange rate isn't that drastic.
Ya I just saw it on Amazon on sale for close to $1000. Regular price still $1326 US.
Exchange rate is about 10-12%.

No matter. Still got a steal of a deal. I happy!
Old 08-02-2014, 07:50 AM   #19835
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
This sounds familiar!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	69670  
Old 08-02-2014, 07:53 AM   #19836
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
I doubt it would fly in my house unless I was gonna jet her off to some 5 star exotic locale after lookin.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	69671  
Old 08-02-2014, 08:22 AM   #19837

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Ya I just saw it on Amazon on sale for close to $1000. Regular price still $1326 US.
Exchange rate is about 10-12%.

No matter. Still got a steal of a deal. I happy!
You sure did.... and while there is debate on the rainbow as to the value of these combo units, we like having ours. It's one of those things - if you want to use it you can - and sometimes you really need it - and if you want to go to the laundry mat you can. If we ever trade Bonita - think we'll go for stackable!

Good find and to think - ya came by it due a frustrating mix up on their part... 👍
Old 08-02-2014, 08:23 AM   #19838

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
This sounds familiar!
Does have a certain familar ring to it. That's why we keep the squeegee in the shower!