Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2014, 03:20 PM   #19853

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Likw when it is raining, ir you have no wifi, no phone sugnal, and no satellite tv..... Like we were two weeks ago at Buffalo National River..... It was very quiet..... Smile....

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
And quite lovely.... as I recal!!
And sure hope to find those places with a bit of regularity.

The Slappa Cases BTW - save a ton of space - so the CD situation is coming around.

You put the cover in the front sleeve and the CD in the sleeve behind it. Same on the back side. Each square holds 2 CDS and labels - or 4 CDS if you don't keep the lables.. I figure we may get a permanent place one day and if so could buy jewel cases for any we keep. Have to do the DVDs next.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1407014188786.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	69707   Click image for larger version

Name:	1407014205695.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	69708  

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2014, 03:22 PM   #19854

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Likw when it is raining, ir you have no wifi, no phone sugnal, and no satellite tv..... Like we were two weeks ago at Buffalo National River..... It was very quiet..... Smile....

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
OMG!!!!!! You QUIET? Come to think of it, there was a slight disturbance in the 'force' that week.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 04:40 PM   #19855

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
OMG!!!!!! You QUIET? Come to think of it, there was a slight disturbance in the 'force' that week.

Lol.... Oh Chuck.... You did miss me too..... Gonna take over Tim's camp host job next week..... For 2 weeks at Lake Ouachita State Park, so might be quiet even longer.

Hmmmmm Larry is looking for the blonde...... Tim's blonde...... SMILE

Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 04:45 PM   #19856

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Lol.... Oh Chuck.... You did miss me too..... Gonna take over Tim's camp host job next week..... For 2 weeks at Lake Ouachita State Park, so might be quiet even longer.

Hmmmmm Larry is looking for the blonde...... Tim's blonde...... SMILE

Somehow the movie RV came to mind when Tim reported on that incident. Best buy extra cleaning supplies for Larry just in case.
And yes we did miss you.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 04:49 PM   #19857

Those CD and DVD sleeve folders sure save a lot of space. We spent weeks cataloging then filling the folders with DVDs. Have so many now that we are considering never joining the satellite dish frenzy. Mostly crap programming anyway.

Today for instance in our house we watched a $5 DVD that we picked up from the Wal-Mart bargain bin. Just nothing on the cable anymore that is worth the time to watch.

So if anyone spots us in an RV park, stop by to borrow a DVD ... our supply is enormous!
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 05:36 PM   #19858

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Well the records here at RVM Central indicate 3 Mutants will be in AZ this winter. 2 are named Dave and 1 named Jeff - and they have Deb, Marcia and Nola to keep em straight (not necessarily in that order.) Annie and I plan on being there the following winter... unless we are in Florida or RGV or.... Hmmm. Who needs plans...
OOMMMMMPPPAAAHHHHH !!!!!!,

Yes we will be in AZ this year but not until December, we are hanging out here in the Midwest until November, I'll be heading to my brothers this year to hunt Michigan Whitetail Deer. We will leave the area just before Thanksgiving and head south and west to warmer climes..

Cheers !!!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 05:41 PM   #19859

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
Knowing I'm not a RVM yet...problem is the only way I can answer the first question is that the only thing that I don't have and but need is the RV. Otherwise "the journey is the destination".

That said I thought after your post above I just couldn't resist to say...

Glad you're well

I'd take it that the Bacon Toddy diet is just the treatment for a AOK diagnosis?? Just goes to show them doctaries don't know everything I guess.
Hey Diesel Tech,

Never give up on the dream, and post to flagship our potentate and second in command, he is a storehouse if information.

Cheers !!!!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 06:43 PM   #19860

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
Knowing I'm not a RVM yet...problem is the only way I can answer the first question is that the only thing that I don't have and but need is the RV. Otherwise "the journey is the destination".

That said I thought after your post above I just couldn't resist to say...

Glad you're well

I'd take it that the Bacon Toddy diet is just the treatment for a AOK diagnosis?? Just goes to show them doctaries don't know everything I guess.
Ken - I will have to check with the temps to see what the next number is - seems it's RVM87 or there abouts. We have RVMS that were in the market for first RV when they petitioned for membership - sold their RV and looked for another (and another and another - right Les) - and a couple with RVs in various stages of restoration - (Sylvia - mountain man Kev and others)... so it would not be precedent setting for you to join us.

So to get around requirement 1 we have a few options - 1st I don't have an RV yet and already miss it.... sort of the have mercy on me declaration and let me in puleese..... or the more preferable --- my RV will not have (fill in the blank) _______ and I won't miss it (say gasoline combustion engine for example or dishwasher)...

Now mind you, this exception is being made because you have demonstrated that the Journey is the Destination - you have been observed having fun on a few other threads - you have ♡diesel♡ in you screen name - and because you hail from a town called Ham (which is so close to Bacon, that we will be putting you in charge of the Great Bacon Challenge at the First Ever ## Grande Curiosity you attend. That's a big responsibility but you're up to it... so make your declares---- find an RV and start planning.... and we will figure out your number later....

RVM2
Steve and Annie
Old 08-02-2014, 06:47 PM   #19861

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hey Diesel Tech,

Never give up on the dream, and post to flagship our potentate and second in command, he is a storehouse if information.

Cheers !!!!!
Storehouse of information ÷ right ---- did you forget *worthless*.... *needless* or was it *silly*...
Hi Marcia!
Old 08-02-2014, 06:49 PM   #19862

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Those CD and DVD sleeve folders sure save a lot of space. We spent weeks cataloging then filling the folders with DVDs. Have so many now that we are considering never joining the satellite dish frenzy. Mostly crap programming anyway.

Today for instance in our house we watched a $5 DVD that we picked up from the Wal-Mart bargain bin. Just nothing on the cable anymore that is worth the time to watch.

So if anyone spots us in an RV park, stop by to borrow a DVD ... our supply is enormous!
Cataloging and organizing will be left for the road - but the space savings is amazing. Living in small spaces requires organization. Doing the best we can with the time we have....
Old 08-02-2014, 06:51 PM   #19863

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
So I forgot mention having spoken to Jeanie the other day. Found her hanging around Galveston with grands.... lucky lady... I told of a place I ate pizza as a kid. She chased it down and sent me a text this morning.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:52 PM   #19864

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
So I forgot mention having spoken to Jeanie the other day. Found her hanging around Galveston with grands.... lucky lady... I told of a place I ate pizza as a kid. She chased it down and sent me a text this morning.
Hate it when i do that... and this pic. They weren't open yet so jury is out on the pie in 2014 - but I can attest to 1967-1973...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1407027154463.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	69734  
Old 08-02-2014, 07:14 PM   #19865

Fleetwood Owners Club
I was just pondering Diseltech's delema. It appears his RV has no Matter!
Old 08-02-2014, 07:32 PM   #19866
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
One of my friends moved from Normal to Las Cruces, NM, and now refers to herself as "Diane-Far-from-Normal".
Are you sure that's not Arkansas?

Quote:
Got the call today - heart is AOK... the lady said after each test summary - so no change in treatment. At the end - I said since this was my first visit and am not being treated - does no change in treatment mean I'm doing ok.... 😀
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Evening Muteys!

[...]
Now Wayne, I know who got all the looks in the family and it certainly was not the rotund fella on the left! But we hope you guys are enjoying your visit with the family.
[...]
Thanks Herb. Having a great time but Tuesday it comes to an end and we depart for Western adventures. Onward toward Niagara, then the UP. Sometime Sept (late) or Oct (early) we should be back home for a little while. Wish you were here, or us there. Next year we will be "there."

Quote:
OK Mutant photographers... the 5 lessons in the NYIP that I won't miss - I suppose - if I have to admit - film is gone - silver halide is history - and digital is here to stay - until the next tech advancement comes along.... the Mutant Motorhome Wide Angle Windshield Hologram Capturing Device - or MMWAWHCD 😫
Quote:
And quite lovely.... as I recal!!
And sure hope to find those places with a bit of regularity.

The Slappa Cases BTW - save a ton of space - so the CD situation is coming around.

You put the cover in the front sleeve and the CD in the sleeve behind it. Same on the back side. Each square holds 2 CDS and labels - or 4 CDS if you don't keep the lables.. I figure we may get a permanent place one day and if so could buy jewel cases for any we keep. Have to do the DVDs next.
There are several free cataloging programs for PC's and MAC that do a good job. Do a search for them and they should pop up.

The problem with any media is the time it takes to come up with new devices where the old media will not play. Most everything now-a-days is flash-card storage, or in my case everything on a small Ultra-slim WD hard drive. A 2Tb hard drive that is shirt pocket carry-able is about $100. A lot of DVD can be placed on a 2Tb hard drive. JMHO

Quote:
Well be darned! Fourteen miles from where we live and we are not there. Shame on her. She should be where we are!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote