Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2014, 07:58 AM   #19895

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Dave, you traveling today or parked for a day or two? Awning holding on?

Thought of you the other day, Dr Oz had a Dr on his show that claimed "Gluten" was showing to be the cause of most dementia and that going gluten free would reverse the condition. I thought of sending your name in as evidence to the contrary but I forgot. Lol
Now what were we talking about, oh never mind.

Jim and Ginny sent me a nifty pic of a camper with outdoor carpet area outlined with rope lights and a lite palm tree all shinning bright. Suggest it for my outdoor decorations for all to appreciate !

Awning is holding on nicely, Tim. Could be a permanent arrangement. 😙

Gluten and dimentia? I believe it. I used to be dumber than a bag of hammers, now only a dumb as one!

And you have reminded me that CW has rope lites on sale, and I need more cuz Gwen is farther around than Fred was.

On the road to MN and WI for fam and friend times.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2014, 08:12 AM   #19896

Noticed too, that gluten free food makes you go bald, and get a pointy head. Happened to a neighbor of mine:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1407075154.083831.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	69766
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:44 AM   #19897

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Noticed too, that gluten free food makes you go bald, and get a pointy head. Happened to a neighbor of mine:
Attachment 69766
GF = Gluten Free = Goodness Free --- it is a mathematical proof...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:56 AM   #19898
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Those CD and DVD sleeve folders sure save a lot of space. We spent weeks cataloging then filling the folders with DVDs. Have so many now that we are considering never joining the satellite dish frenzy. Mostly crap programming anyway.

Today for instance in our house we watched a $5 DVD that we picked up from the Wal-Mart bargain bin. Just nothing on the cable anymore that is worth the time to watch.

So if anyone spots us in an RV park, stop by to borrow a DVD ... our supply is enormous!
We carry about 320 standard movies with us in soft cover booklets. 1 holds 200 and the other 2 have 60 each. We also bring about 60 BluRay DVDs from our collection. I never hook up Satellite in any of our coaches as between the movies and cable at most places we stay, we're covered. Usually only watch a movie in the evening before retiring.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:01 AM   #19899
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post

The problem with any media is the time it takes to come up with new devices where the old media will not play. Most everything now-a-days is flash-card storage, or in my case everything on a small Ultra-slim WD hard drive. A 2Tb hard drive that is shirt pocket carry-able is about $100. A lot of DVD can be placed on a 2Tb hard drive. JMHO
Separate hard drive is my next purchase once we need more space. As we aren't full time yet, we haven't used up all the space we currently have, so non issue at this point.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:05 AM   #19900

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Separate hard drive is my next purchase once we need more space. As we aren't full time yet, we haven't used up all the space we currently have, so non issue at this point.
Just read this little $2.99 Kindle book. It's a fast read and has some great tips. Sure, much of it is common sense but for the money - for Annie and I to have sat it read it together - priceless - cause we agreed on Sooo many of the points and it has us on the same page. There are also some tips on using vinegar - peroxide and other green cleaning fluids. Anyone planning to full time would probably find it $3 well spent. Any one else trying to simplify or reduce clutter and baggage would find it helpful as well.

RVM2
Member Mutant Book Club
Steve Flagg
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1407085118559.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	69794  
Old 08-03-2014, 11:16 AM   #19901

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Wayne was right on that - I think I paid right at 100 mutant bucks for the Western Digital 2 Tb My Passport external drive.

I have done my weeding of old pictures and have packaged many up to send to relatives and friends. Those that I wish to keep are now in a small container and will be scanned once on the road. Annie may scrapbook some - and the rest will become digital records only. My scanner will do multiple slides at one time - and the slides will go too. I have already thinned them out with the slide viewer and the slide projector has already hit the dumpster.... eek.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:53 PM   #19902

The slide scanning and discarding took us almost three weeks several years ago. Incredible how we nearly filled a 30 gallon trash can.

One thing this weeding out process did do was force (or encourage) me to whizz up some of the fading slides using a photo editor.

Old family photos, even tin types got scanned too. I sent the "keeper" stuff to hapless relatives who didn't expect the windfall. Now the burden and guilt is on them for disposition of the family history stuff. Old grade school love letters between grand pappy and grannie got scanned then boxed up and mailed away. By the way, those people could actually handle penmanship. The lettering is artful. Also, their command of correct English puts current school kids to shame.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:55 PM   #19903

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Multitasking ! Moonrover has submitted 2 more CGs to the website - I see them all - they will all get published - promise.
Old 08-03-2014, 02:57 PM   #19904

Quote:
Attachment 69766

I was bald loooong before I went GF, but now.......

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1407099404.082783.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	69809
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 03:43 PM   #19905

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
The slide scanning and discarding took us almost three weeks several years ago. Incredible how we nearly filled a 30 gallon trash can.

One thing this weeding out process did do was force (or encourage) me to whizz up some of the fading slides using a photo editor.

Old family photos, even tin types got scanned too. I sent the "keeper" stuff to hapless relatives who didn't expect the windfall. Now the burden and guilt is on them for disposition of the family history stuff. Old grade school love letters between grand pappy and grannie got scanned then boxed up and mailed away. By the way, those people could actually handle penmanship. The lettering is artful. Also, their command of correct English puts current school kids to shame.
It's going slowly but it is a great exercise. I think I said this before - rather deal with and tackle the memories now - than live to not know who or what I'm looking at or to leave to others to deal with. Almost should be required for living.... letting go and going over and remembering while the remembering is good.... it's also nice to be able to snap a quick pick and then let the treasure go.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:46 PM   #19906

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
This is the kind of memory that's better digital than in a box hiding. Now I can file it under my daughters name - and see any time -
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1407102354940.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	69817   Click image for larger version

Name:	1407102372247.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	69818  

Name:	1407102388198.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	69820  
Old 08-03-2014, 04:03 PM   #19907

Vintage RV Owners Club
oh! sob.... Steve, you certainly are brave..... There are some of us who are very tactile oriented, letting go of the texture and the thoughts that she had her hands all over it, breathed on it, etc would be awfully difficult for me....
But I really do applaud your doing that... I had to clean out my parents home, who had cleaned out 3 other peoples homes and kept their treasures and things that didn't sell, besides their own tendencies to be a savamapotamus, hordasaurus, or whatever else you call those folks who went through the depression era and hung onto everything, including empty margarine tubs and dead light bulbs.....
Old 08-03-2014, 04:04 PM   #19908

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
And now for something completely different - from Ken Kesey Documentary about Life on the Road.... from a similar but different mutant group - the Rubber Tramps...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1407103435584.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	69823