Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-06-2014, 09:43 AM   #20063
Senior Member
 
Sky_Boss's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: ON THE ROAD...SOMEWHERE
Posts: 5,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Xray this morning was clean.... Vet has her on meds, and she is home.... No surgery.... So soon to be on our way to camp hosting today....



Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!

Good news!
__________________

__________________
Don, Sandee & GSD Zeus. Gardian Wings earned are GSDs Gunny (7/11/15) & Thor (5/5/15)
2006 DSDP 4320, Spartan MM IFS, 2013 CR-V, Blue Ox Avail, SMI AF1, Samsung 197R Refer.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2014, 12:28 PM   #20064
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Good news!
I agree --- shhhhh - the mutants are resting today...
__________________

__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:36 PM   #20065
Senior Member
 
Suspinz's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 3,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I agree --- shhhhh - the mutants are resting today...

This resting mutant just left the osteopath's office from having a steroid injection into a bursa near the left hip. TMI? It was amazingly painless! This from a woman who used to be phobic about needles of the injection kind. Could never have been a druggie!

Diane, it's do good to hear that LitaBit is okay! Did they find the obstructing matter? Or does it matter?

Cheers all!
Sue
__________________
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
'16 Thor Tuscany 45 AT & '14 Jeep Cherokee; 2 bikes, 1 kayak, 1 walking stick. Feline furface Betsy Alopicia. Yes, the journey IS the destination!
Suspinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:40 PM   #20066
Senior Member
 
Suspinz's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 3,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Geez, what a day!
Steve and Annie -- congrats!
Diane -- Ommms for LitaBit!
Tim -- ROFLMAO for poor Granny and her latest crime.
Sue -- Dang! Another cruise! All gussied up this time, huh?
Tina -- bring on the pics!
Ken -- boy you better hurry and git that DP!
Dave -- ain't no unicorn can shine brighter than you!

Did y'all hear? Don is home. What a day!

Barb, I wrote an answer to you on my iPad yesterday, but the dang thing couldn't send it. Internet connection zilch. It'll come through sometime.

In the meantime, I'm so glad for Don and Arlene. They are so lucky to have you there and prepared to help big time.

Cheers!
Sue
__________________
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
'16 Thor Tuscany 45 AT & '14 Jeep Cherokee; 2 bikes, 1 kayak, 1 walking stick. Feline furface Betsy Alopicia. Yes, the journey IS the destination!
Suspinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:55 PM   #20067
Senior Member
 
virginiamtns's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 668
Diane:

We have had a couple of bouts with doggies that swallowed things. The first time we thought we knew what the doggie had swallowed - a feminine hygiene product! The vet couldn't find it on x-ray, but the poor doggie was throwing up nasty stuff, and not keeping anything down. Being young and poor at the time, we couldn't pay the $2K down payment for surgery. We took doggie home and gave it hairball medicine. Hairball medicine is greasy and thick, and the obstruction passed right on through slick as a whistle. $1997 dollars saved!

Round two was more recent. Our poor little dachshund went through several episodes where she would throw up and then be fine. This went on for several weeks. We couldn't find anything wrong. Then, at 11:00pm on a Friday, doggie started throwing up blood, and was having troubles at the other end, too. We rushed to the veterinary emergency room, and they took x-rays and did blood work. They couldn't identify the source of the problem, so they gave her fluids, antibiotics and stomach medicine, said she might have pancreatitis and sent us home. Monday at our regular doc - more x-rays, said it might be pancreatitis and sent us home with more meds. Doggie never got better, still throwing up, and now our 12 pound dog weighed 7 1/2 pounds. We tried the hairball remedy, but nothing helped. I was feeding her strained baby food meats, yogurt and pumpkin through a syringe, but she kept getting sicker.

I called the vet - I was afraid she was going to die. We took her back in, and they did a barium swallow - nothing on the x-rays again! They said "Well, we need to do exploratory surgery since we don't know what's going on and she's going downhill fast." OK, we said, being less poor and much older, and they proceeded. We got a call about three hours later, and they asked if we were missing part of a Teva sandal. "Well, one got chewed up about three months ago," we said. They said, "Well, we have one of the pieces - the one that says "Teva" on a plastic tab."

That was an expensive pair of sandals - $3000 for the vet care and $90 for the sandals.

I hope your doggie feels better soon. If not, hairball medicine is my go-to drug of choice. It costs less than surgery!
__________________
Elizabeth RVM55 and Mary
2014 Thor Ace 30.1
2014 Chevy Equinox V6 LTZ AWD
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:56 PM   #20068
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
This resting mutant just left the osteopath's office from having a steroid injection into a bursa near the left hip. TMI? It was amazingly painless! This from a woman who used to be phobic about needles of the injection kind. Could never have been a druggie!

Diane, it's do good to hear that LitaBit is okay! Did they find the obstructing matter? Or does it matter?

Cheers all!
Sue
Oh My... a bursa - and a bursitis - are two things I do not have and don't miss. Many healing Ommms and Ommms of pain relief too... I know those steroids are rough on us - even local injections to some degree - but they sure work wonders on pains and inflammation.

Feel better - after all - ya have lots of deck walking and walking tours to do - but that big stick of yours should help!
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:44 PM   #20069
Senior Member
 
virginiamtns's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
This resting mutant just left the osteopath's office from having a steroid injection into a bursa near the left hip. TMI? It was amazingly painless! This from a woman who used to be phobic about needles of the injection kind. Could never have been a druggie!

Diane, it's do good to hear that LitaBit is okay! Did they find the obstructing matter? Or does it matter?

Cheers all!
Sue
I had a spinal injection on Monday, the last of three. I hope you feel better quickly. Ohhhhhhmmmmm.
__________________
Elizabeth RVM55 and Mary
2014 Thor Ace 30.1
2014 Chevy Equinox V6 LTZ AWD
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:50 PM   #20070
RVM#87 / Senior Member
 
DieselTech39's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Ham Lake, MN
Posts: 2,888
Many healing Ohhhmmmmms to Sue and Elizabeth.......Ohmmmm, Ohmmmmm.
__________________
Have a wonderful day!
Ken (RVM 87)
FT DP Wanna B The journey is the destination!
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 04:51 PM   #20071
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
I had a spinal injection on Monday, the last of three. I hope you feel better quickly. Ohhhhhhmmmmm.
Wow - Dons Back - Sandees hip - Sues hip - Elizabeth's back... the Ohmmmm generator is working extra shifts these days... many healing and comforting Ohmmmmmmmm ' s to all.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:11 PM   #20072
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador
 
Diwizi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Diane:

We have had a couple of bouts with doggies that swallowed things. The first time we thought we knew what the doggie had swallowed - a feminine hygiene product! The vet couldn't find it on x-ray, but the poor doggie was throwing up nasty stuff, and not keeping anything down. Being young and poor at the time, we couldn't pay the $2K down payment for surgery. We took doggie home and gave it hairball medicine. Hairball medicine is greasy and thick, and the obstruction passed right on through slick as a whistle. $1997 dollars saved!

Round two was more recent. Our poor little dachshund went through several episodes where she would throw up and then be fine. This went on for several weeks. We couldn't find anything wrong. Then, at 11:00pm on a Friday, doggie started throwing up blood, and was having troubles at the other end, too. We rushed to the veterinary emergency room, and they took x-rays and did blood work. They couldn't identify the source of the problem, so they gave her fluids, antibiotics and stomach medicine, said she might have pancreatitis and sent us home. Monday at our regular doc - more x-rays, said it might be pancreatitis and sent us home with more meds. Doggie never got better, still throwing up, and now our 12 pound dog weighed 7 1/2 pounds. We tried the hairball remedy, but nothing helped. I was feeding her strained baby food meats, yogurt and pumpkin through a syringe, but she kept getting sicker.

I called the vet - I was afraid she was going to die. We took her back in, and they did a barium swallow - nothing on the x-rays again! They said "Well, we need to do exploratory surgery since we don't know what's going on and she's going downhill fast." OK, we said, being less poor and much older, and they proceeded. We got a call about three hours later, and they asked if we were missing part of a Teva sandal. "Well, one got chewed up about three months ago," we said. They said, "Well, we have one of the pieces - the one that says "Teva" on a plastic tab."

That was an expensive pair of sandals - $3000 for the vet care and $90 for the sandals.

I hope your doggie feels better soon. If not, hairball medicine is my go-to drug of choice. It costs less than surgery!

Thanks Elizabeth.... My bill was only $200, and i do have insurance on her, so will get some back..... She is doing great today, ate and has had a bm, so food is going through ok.... Cannot figure out what she might have eaten, as nothing is missing..... And she isnt normally a chewer, etc. now if it had been QTπ, i would not have been surprised. Last month she ate a foil covered white chocolate piece, and after 43 years of owning my OWN dogs, i finally learned how to make a dog vomit...... I will keep the hairball medicine in mind. These are the first dogs i have ever had insurance on, and it isnt too bad a deal. It does cover their rabies and heartworm meds too..... And for Q when she gets spayed next month too..... And now i get a multiple pet discount......
Hope your back is better... Thanks for the info....



Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
__________________
Diane & Larry, (RVM64) our Westies LitaBit & QTπ
(Diwizi)retired educator,watercolor artist / (Zeelarry)ARMY ret
2016 BerkshireXL 40RB, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:11 PM   #20073
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,658
Perhaps a little a mutant culture will get you mutants to chattering....
http://youtu.be/0a3-q8MiuKQ

It is in high fidelity too.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:59 PM   #20074
Senior Member
 
Moonrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,685
Yikes ... do you realize how that sounds coming through a puny iPad speaker? My cat even woke up and left the room.
__________________
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:13 PM   #20075
Senior Member
 
Suspinz's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 3,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Oh My... a bursa - and a bursitis - are two things I do not have and don't miss. Many healing Ommms and Ommms of pain relief too... I know those steroids are rough on us - even local injections to some degree - but they sure work wonders on pains and inflammation.

Feel better - after all - ya have lots of deck walking and walking tours to do - but that big stick of yours should help!

A buncha bursas you DO need, but the bursitis you can definitely do without and not miss! I feel fine this afternoon. A few days will begin to tell the true tale.

Too bad that big stick won't fit in a suitcase. Not one I'm capable of carrying, anyway. I'll have to go to Rent-A-Stick while we're in England.

Cheers,
Sue


Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
__________________
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
'16 Thor Tuscany 45 AT & '14 Jeep Cherokee; 2 bikes, 1 kayak, 1 walking stick. Feline furface Betsy Alopicia. Yes, the journey IS the destination!
Suspinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:27 PM   #20076
Senior Member
 
Davdeb1's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Avon Lake, Oh
Posts: 2,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Wow - Dons Back - Sandees hip - Sues hip - Elizabeth's back... the Ohmmmm generator is working extra shifts these days... many healing and comforting Ohmmmmmmmm ' s to all.
I think its called getting old !!!!😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
__________________

__________________
2000 HOLIDAY RAMBLER ENDEAVOR
40 FT--330HP CAT
2 SLIDES-TOAD 2012 focus
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 13 (3 members and 10 guests)
geocacher, okmunky, Possum
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.