Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2013, 12:06 AM   #2017

These fellows are contemplating a bold move ... "boulder" than they have ever tried before.

It may end up in a successful border crossing, or just a broken conglomerate. They are taking nothing for "granite" though.

By the looks on the face of the short guy, you can tell that he is worried that he may not be in shape for the run. The decision to roll is taking eons.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1097650435.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	217.3 KB
ID:	42895  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2013, 12:33 AM   #2018

What? You mean rocks can think? That's kinda, sorta like clams having legs.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:18 AM   #2019

I planted some seeds in my 10'x4' front (south facing) garden tonight. Carrots, peppers (that always do good) some iceburg lettuce, some jack-0-lanterns and some mutant Pumpkin ones that say the can mutate to over 100 lbs. They only came 5 to a bag, so they must have confidence in them. I put the pumpkins in a rows, but the rest got scattered all over and raked in. Might have some thinning to do. Mutants last.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:19 AM   #2020
RVM1

Just checking in folks.

Finished day 1 of 3 with professional Civil War tour guide. Yesterday, Fredericksburg, VA. Yet to come, Spotsylvania, The Wilderness, Chancellorsville.

It is a Fathers Day gift from my son!

A very grand time, indeed.

Here is the Stone Wall, Marye's Heights, where 18,000 troops fell.

While reviewing the battlefield General Lee remarked, "It is well that war is so horrible. We should grow too fond of it".
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2915366595.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	204.3 KB
ID:	42896

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:56 PM   #2021

What number is the RVM's up To?

Hello one and all,

I am not exactly sure what I dont have or what I really dont need, we bought a new to us 2000 Beaver Patriot Thunder Montecello and it has many amenities but not all of them, we have sold our home and moved into the coach 6 weeks ago, we are learning the two in the hallway dance, and enjoying the road when we drive. We have already driven our "Beav" from Pomona, CA to Charlotte, MI and next week, be heading North and then West and then to the great beyond, whenever we decide to get there. We have owned tents and trailers and camped damp and dry both, but now we are finally realizing our dreams and traveling to see all the things we never had time to see before. One place is the Spam museum in Minnesota, the DW says we have to see it since we are going near, well why not, I mean we dont have an agenda to fulfill, it just a another part of our "Epic Odyssey" and one we hope and plan to be writing for years to come. we will be wintering in Apache Junction, AZ come early to mid November, so maybe we will have a chance to come into contact with some other RVM's and share a few stories around a fire and some adult beverages.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #2022
Community Moderator

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
One place is the Spam museum in Minnesota, the DW says we have to see it since we are going near, well why not, I mean we dont have an agenda to fulfill, it just a another part of our "Epic Odyssey" and one we hope and plan to be writing for years to come.
A desire to visit the Spam museum, and no fixed agenda? Mutant material of the finest quality in my opinion!
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2012 Honda CRV on Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar. Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #2023
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Dunner and all gardeners,

I bought a Kandy Lemon Drop melon at Sam's Club and it was finally ripe enough to cut today. I saved all the seeds because this is THE most delicious melon I have ever eaten. It looks like a cantaloupe with a yellow tint to the rind. Inside is luscious, juicy, sweet, cantaloupe like texture light green flesh with a lemon twist.

I plan to send them to a gardening friend in Florida, but I have over 100 seeds. I'll gladly share them with anyone who wants some. Just PM me your address.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #2024

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep
Hello one and all,

I am not exactly sure what I dont have or what I really dont need, we bought a new to us 2000 Beaver Patriot Thunder Montecello and it has many amenities but not all of them, we have sold our home and moved into the coach 6 weeks ago, we are learning the two in the hallway dance, and enjoying the road when we drive. We have already driven our "Beav" from Pomona, CA to Charlotte, MI and next week, be heading North and then West and then to the great beyond, whenever we decide to get there. We have owned tents and trailers and camped damp and dry both, but now we are finally realizing our dreams and traveling to see all the things we never had time to see before. One place is the Spam museum in Minnesota.....
Cheers !!!
Welcome PTJeep - you have come to the right place for discussion of Spam Museum and just about anything you can imagine - within reason and some without...

You are RVM39. Now RVM1 will be along eventually to ask you about a specific item he has no use for and doesn't miss....

Your adventure sounds great and we look forward to hearing your stories and if you have a ponder to share every now and then, we mutants love a good ponder. Thanks for finding us and joining in. You don't seem to need a reminder - but remember, the journey is the destination in the RVMdom. Life on the rainbow is grand.

Annie just returned from visiting family - among the stops - Austin MN - home of the Spam museum and Annies Mom and Dad - final resting place of her dear old grandma who passed away in June - just 1 month shy of 100.

Annie says try the BBQ at Piggy Blues.

RVM2 -- Steve and Annie

RVM Roster
RVM1 Campdaven PA
RVM2 flaggship1 TX
RVM3 jdoc TX
RVM4 4kids LA
RVM5 Papawto5 IN
RVM6 Big Oil Guy AZ
RVM7 Happy Prospector ??
RVM8 Shadowcache OH
RVM9 SylviaCub ID
RVM10 Dick Noble CO
RVM11 Woodburner OH
RVM12 dogpatch BC
RVM13 Davedeb1 OH
RVM14 Wayne M TX
RVM15 Selah IN
RVM16 msbarth TN
RVM17 KSCRUDE KS
RVM18 okmunky / RVM Mascot Sena OK
RVM19 Toyduck NV
RVM20 Oldme GA
RVM21 Alan24601 CA
RVM22 Sky_Boss IL
RVM23 Dunner AZ
RVM24 bdickson NC
RVM25 nwcountry OR
RVM26 mekanic OH
RVM27 TEFFY TX
RVM28 TLGPE FL
RVM29 timarti ON
RVM30 JudyH CO
RVM31 HerbnBarb TX
RVM32 huntnski AR
RVM33 YC1 CA
RVM34 Moonrover OH
RVM35 mtnmankev AZ
RVM36 Suspinz IL
RVM37 Flacamper FL
RVM38 Nhytefall IL
RVM39 PT Jeep MI
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:57 PM   #2025

Barb, I'll keep that in mind for next spring. One year, many years ago, I planted a packet of cantaloupe. I shoulda spaced out the planting as 29 ripened at the same time. Took a bunch to work.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:18 AM   #2026
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Barb, I'll keep that in mind for next spring. One year, many years ago, I planted a packet of cantaloupe. I shoulda spaced out the planting as 29 ripened at the same time. Took a bunch to work.
Dunner, you need to get them while I know where they are. Sena will eat them if she can and with only 25 feet of Moho, storage space is at a premium. I'm sending them to FL this weekend. If you want some send me your address before Friday. That way you can try to remember where they are next Spring.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:31 AM   #2027

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Barb - just turning in and saw your were visiting. Those fruit / melon sound delish - never heard of them.

Hope all is well with you two and family. Gotta run. Work comes early, but had to say hi!
Steve and Annie
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:48 AM   #2028
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hello one and all,

I am not exactly sure what I dont have or what I really dont need, we bought a new to us 2000 Beaver Patriot Thunder Montecello and it has many amenities but not all of them, we have sold our home and moved into the coach 6 weeks ago, we are learning the two in the hallway dance, and enjoying the road when we drive. We have already driven our "Beav" from Pomona, CA to Charlotte, MI and next week, be heading North and then West and then to the great beyond, whenever we decide to get there. We have owned tents and trailers and camped damp and dry both, but now we are finally realizing our dreams and traveling to see all the things we never had time to see before. One place is the Spam museum in Minnesota, the DW says we have to see it since we are going near, well why not, I mean we dont have an agenda to fulfill, it just a another part of our "Epic Odyssey" and one we hope and plan to be writing for years to come. we will be wintering in Apache Junction, AZ come early to mid November, so maybe we will have a chance to come into contact with some other RVM's and share a few stories around a fire and some adult beverages.

Cheers !!!
WELCOME to RVMdom, PT Jeep, and a hearty Hi Ho Beav! It sounds like The Journey is Your Destination, RVM39.

You have joined possibly the most eclectic and interesting collection of RVers on the planet. We have a lot of fun here, trading stories and ponderances and recipes, mixed in with the a healthy portion of tongue-in-cheek.

I look forward to hearing of your adventures, and a pic or 2 along the way.

But now, the serious part. Do you have a mascot? Sena is our always active, perpetually entertaining monkey. And we have many more. Cant remember them all but there is Rocky, Sparky, Stoned, and even a rubber chicken!

And most serious question of all, do you have rope lights? ;-)

Again, welcome, and Happy Trails!!!!

Dave and Nola
RVM1

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #2029
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
I can't believe you don't remember Mort's name. He is a famous, well travelled rubber chicken!
Old 07-25-2013, 09:00 AM   #2030

Noticed the mention of recipes. What I have is more of a tip, but it does relate to a recipe.

Yesterday my wife made meat loaf. Her formula is always the best, but this time she replaced the use of whole milk with coconut milk. Not coconut oil, but coconut milk. As I understand, somewhere in the process, she soaked the bread crumbs in the coconut milk.

Anyway the result was delightful. Some people may not care for the taste of coconut, but this meatloaf had just the right hint of that taste as well as being very moist. I hate dry meatloaf.