Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2014, 10:33 AM   #20497

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
No trash... That was the rock/quartz sparkling....

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!

Man, it fooled me! Looked just like smashed cans and foil bags from a distance! On zooming in, I stand corrected. There's nothing like Arkansas quartz!

Cheers!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2014, 10:50 AM   #20498

Newmar Owners Club
Men's department ? I thought you were just for gate guards!
Old 08-13-2014, 11:18 AM   #20499

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRasco View Post
Men's department ? I thought you were just for gate guards!
Road Guards Out....
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:36 AM   #20500

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Di, someplace on the "net" I saw pictures of a gizmo that is used to get 'yaks, canoes and boats on and off 4X4 roof storage. Heh, found it.
Strongarm boat loader, Boat loader, Boatloader - Boathoist
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:39 AM   #20501

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Road Guards Out....
That fired off a memory engram form my tour at Keesler, AFB!
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:41 AM   #20502

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRasco View Post
Those are awesome pics, Diane! I would love to join you. I am planning on getting an inflatable Sea Eagle to minimize storage.
We have a Sea Eagle and love it. It fits easily into one of the storage bays. I will warn you, though, that it's pretty darned heavy. We split the gear into two duffles - one with the kayak and the other with paddle, seat, PFD, etc., and it's still too heavy for us to carry. The promotional videos make is look easy. We bought a folding wagon last month and it made carrying the kayak to the lake much easier, and it's great for hauling firewood, tired grandkids and other sundry items.

You also might think of investing in a battery-powered foot pump. The one that comes with it wears me out even before we put the boat in the water.
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 12:08 PM   #20503

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
That fired off a memory engram form my tour at Keesler, AFB!
You and I marched the same route to Air Traffic Control Tech School - I was on A shift - which was tough. Got to march to school in the dark and rain - come out on break to the sunshine - and march back to barracks in the daylight and rain... good Ole days!
Old 08-13-2014, 12:58 PM   #20504

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
I think it was Sept. when we were in Williams a few years back. (No rain!) We took the train ride (with pre-trip arena show) to the rim and really enjoyed it. You can go for the day or stay at a hotel up there. Although there is a CG at the rim, we wanted the train experience, and it was well worth it.

Where are you staying now? We were in a car that trip, so didn't pay any attention to CGs at the time except for the one we saw at the rim. Rain aside, it's an interesting area. One of my favorites.

BTW, how's that Trailhawk doing for you?

Cheers!

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things

Sue the only place that wasn't full was the KOA Kampground which is working okay for us. It is nice up here but I must admit that the altitude is making it difficult to breath for this fat boy. We are riding the train tomorrow and I've been on the website reviewing so I'm excited. We are going first class cause the next level up in the sky view cars was sold out both ways. We are taking the Trailhawk out today exploring. I'm still loving this car, it's the perfect Jeep for us and it tows like it not even there. Hope you guys are enjoying yours as well.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:03 PM   #20505

Hi guys,

I recently invested in a superb video editing suite, Cyberlink Director 2.
Part of the deal is you get to join the "Director Zone" where you can swap stories and helpful tips and also download interesting themes etc.

Last week, the powers that be in the Director Zone invited budding videographers and editors to submit a short movie in a competition that ends late August. The theme is 'memorable holiday moments'

Here is my entry (hoping the link works). Hope you enjoy - be warned: there is a mooner on the other boat of whom I was unaware until I got back home!

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/event/...nFileId=802387

If you would care to support me by voting by email, the button to push is on the lower right of the page.

Cheers for now
Martin
MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 02:40 PM   #20506

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Sue the only place that wasn't full was the KOA Kampground which is working okay for us. It is nice up here but I must admit that the altitude is making it difficult to breath for this fat boy. We are riding the train tomorrow and I've been on the website reviewing so I'm excited. We are going first class cause the next level up in the sky view cars was sold out both ways. We are taking the Trailhawk out today exploring. I'm still loving this car, it's the perfect Jeep for us and it tows like it not even there. Hope you guys are enjoying yours as well.

Hi Herb

Good to hear you are enjoying your Trailhawk as we are our Limited. So much more civilized than the old Wrangler!

A word of warning on your forthcoming train ride back to Williams. You should know that shortly after leaving GC, you will see alongside a bunch of horse riders wearing masks. Do not be afraid! These are the Cataract Creek gang and they will stop the train, board it and come through the cars demanding money. We heard later that they needed the cash to buy breakfast at McDonalds. I've sometimes wondered if any of them have been hurt in these shows by a passenger with CC as they do carry guns.

Also, at Williams, they put on a really good gunfight show with the local sheriff who, at one point in the confrontation, has to stop to take a cell phone call from his wife! All good fun. Enjoy.

PS Re elevation - you should try visiting Lhassa, Tibet, at 12,000 ft and climbing the 300 steps up to the Kompala palace. And then go up a further 2,000 ft and jump on a Yak.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:40 PM   #20507

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
So my friend Bill and I went to trade off my 35 mm cameras and such for my new - on the road digital - it is the Fujifilm XT- 1 with the all new 18 -135 lense (28 to 200 35 mm equivalent.)

Martin - Soon as we get home from having a beer and some Blue Point Oysters - will check out your video. The weakness on my new camera is reportedly the video. Guess I will use the S5 for that...

Good to see ya post with your mutant family!
Old 08-13-2014, 03:41 PM   #20508

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Oh perhaps a picture would be nice
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1407966071017.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	70711  
Old 08-13-2014, 04:04 PM   #20509

The link worked in the iPhone but not apparently here.

Let's see if this works

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/event/...nFileId=802387
Old 08-13-2014, 04:18 PM   #20510

Fleetwood Owners Club
That took me to the same place on my I pad.