Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2014, 08:13 PM   #20973

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Never! Your days of break-neck band with speed are over. When you get above 10, you will be fist pumping. Learn to live with 3-4...
Yep - and the sad thing is - the blazing speed is on my AT&T 3/4G cell phone. I'm on 12 GB plan with it now - but will cut it back to 1 or 2 and go with the Verizon Millenicom Mifi. Verizon is slow in my area - and when I put the Hotspot in the Wilson Sleek and the Antena on the window I do get a good boost - but still nothing to right home about... but at I will be able to write home... wherever that is.

FYI Edit - not on the sleek at this Test...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1408673348182.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	71621  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2014, 08:40 PM   #20974

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Yep - and the sad thing is - the blazing speed is on my AT&T 3/4G cell phone. I'm on 12 GB plan with it now - but will cut it back to 1 or 2 and go with the Verizon Millenicom Mifi. Verizon is slow in my area - and when I put the Hotspot in the Wilson Sleek and the Antena on the window I do get a good boost - but still nothing to right home about... but at I will be able to write home... wherever that is.

FYI Edit - not on the sleek at this Test...

This is what we use... At home, in rv, in car, or in Larrys pocket... For us it has been reliable.. Cheaper than the comcast, and portable...

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:53 PM   #20975

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
This is what we use... At home, in rv, in car, or in Larrys pocket... For us it has been reliable.. Cheaper than the comcast, and portable...

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
I've been testing it out and it works ok here in the Verizon Neverland.... so should be OK on the road. But I will be surprised if anything ever beats AT&T 4G LTE in its strong zone...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1408676027248.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	71631  
Old 08-21-2014, 09:57 PM   #20976

We are at the end of the telephone lines for DSL "high speed" out here in the woods. On a good day it is about 3 mps, on a bad day less than half a meg. When it gets really bad I switch to the 3G/4G Aircard that we use when travelling. Pricey though!
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:15 PM   #20977

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
We are at the end of the telephone lines for DSL "high speed" out here in the woods. On a good day it is about 3 mps, on a bad day less than half a meg. When it gets really bad I switch to the 3G/4G Aircard that we use when travelling. Pricey though!
You can still get the Millenicom 3/4 G with Verizon service here in the states for no contract - 20 GB a month and $90 - but ya still have to have a phone lol and they aren't free... but from what I see here in my area, it will be slower that the cell service AT&T is giving me. That will impact use for sure.

So Tina - picture of Today - somewhat less stressful than of THE Day... ???
Old 08-21-2014, 11:28 PM   #20978

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Les - Dennis says it happened.... did the paparazzi get the pic? Proof of miniC - especially Canadian earn mutant points. Good for coffee
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1408685202202.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	71646   Click image for larger version

Name:	1408685279016.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	71647  

Old 08-22-2014, 05:41 AM   #20979

Fleetwood Owners Club
Well Mutant generation we've lost another one. I can safely say we all have grown up and grown older listening to the announcer John Pardo. Died at 96

Ok so some of us haven grown up, but we did grow older.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:54 AM   #20980

Fleetwood Owners Club
Steve we have the Wilson cell signal boost that works pretty good. We added a little better magnet mounted antenna that we simply place on a upside down cake pan in front window. My BIL, the signal guru, said a 10 inch metal base for antenna is minimum and suggest for optimum reception having the antenna directly above the phone cradle.

So if you see me walking around with a cake pan on my head and antenna on top holding a cell booster cradle talking on phone I'm simply trying to get under the umbrella of optimum reception! Nano Nano
Old 08-22-2014, 06:21 AM   #20981
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
[...]So Frank just asked me for the Avatar - haven't posted those in a while and new mutants may want use it. Some prefer not to use it. It's all good.
I have one of those avatars on a big goose egg plaque that I hang in the front window when we stop. I printed out the avatar and then just used a lamination sheet to cover it. Since it is inside I don't have to worry about the weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Steve we have the Wilson cell signal boost that works pretty good. We added a little better magnet mounted antenna that we simply place on a upside down cake pan in front window. My BIL, the signal guru, said a 10 inch metal base for antenna is minimum and suggest for optimum reception having the antenna directly above the phone cradle.

So if you see me walking around with a cake pan on my head and antenna on top holding a cell booster cradle talking on phone I'm simply trying to get under the umbrella of optimum reception! Nano Nano
You don't have to look for a tin plate and antenna to find Tim, just look for someone that just plain looks weird.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:29 AM   #20982

Fleetwood Owners Club
Bruce, Wayne is being mean to me.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:30 AM   #20983

Fleetwood Owners Club
Jag did I see you was going to the National Rally?
Old 08-22-2014, 07:39 AM   #20984

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
[COLOR=Blue]

You don't have to look for a tin plate and antenna to find Tim, just look for someone that just plain looks weird.
That will be Wayne And the guy next to him with a full head of hair will be Tim.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:35 AM   #20985

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:

So Frank just asked me for the Avatar - haven't posted those in a while and new mutants may want use it. Some prefer not to use it. It's all good.
Thanks! I'm gonna have to be an iRV2 supporter now(about time, right?), to load it on my siggie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post

It also stops the NSA from listening to your calls, but the voices in your head will still be there...
Old 08-22-2014, 09:02 AM   #20986
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Hey Les - Dennis says it happened.... did the paparazzi get the pic? Proof of miniC - especially Canadian earn mutant points. Good for coffee
Yes it happened. Pictures at 11:00....er....when I get them off the camera. Left my SD card reader at home! Damn! Proof will have to wait.

We chose a little town called Agazziz so the Paparazzi would leave us alone. The towns so small, everyone left us alone.
Dinner, laughs and company was great! As mentioned in the Thread Killer thread, it was nice to put faces to the names we've known for a few years.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote