Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2014, 04:44 PM   #21225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Sue if you ever make it to our place I will present you with a miniature Filbert (Hazelnut) Tree for you to take home; either potted or in the shell.

Last year we picked about 40 pounds of the things before we offered the balance to whomever wanted to come to pick them. Super tasting Christmas Time snack and locally grown.

Thanks; we will take you up on that! They were always part of our winter-time, evening in front of the fireplace, routine. Nuts and popcorn.

I actually bought a small hazel tree (4, actually, but only one survived) several years ago. It's only now beginning to show signs of fruiting. They don't need 2 to tango, do they?

Come to our place and we can load you up with black walnuts. Most years the squirrels get the lot, but sometimes I collect and process some too.

Coincidentally, our place is called Walnut Hills for all the trees my great- and great-great grandparents planted there. I have Grandfather's hand-cranked corn sheller to remove the hulls and Daddy's hand built cleaning drum to remove the remaining hull dust before cracking.

See? I couldn't go FT. Too much stuff and too much history. The roots run too deep. OTOH, PT is easy!

Cheers!
Sue

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2014, 04:51 PM   #21226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Buttercup Studios is the name of the shop..... http://www.emmathomsonbooks.com
Larry rented the flat above as a surprise to me, and I got to meet her. I did buy some of the books, as they are hard to find in the US.... But Martins grand might well know of them.....

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!

I checked with DD, and while she doesn't know those books, she is interested. Her daughter is a bit young for Felicity, but Dandelion the rabbit...! He looks just the sort! I've only seen one picture of him and love him already.

Thanks for the link. I will share it with Jo.

Cheers!
Sue

Old 08-26-2014, 04:56 PM   #21227

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAS View Post
Hey! Mutant checking in-- we are actually half way living in our RV!!

Had a fire, smoke issues in the house, moved out to the RV, and it is turning out to be a blessing! The biggest good is I am sitting at my desk in the RV, and evaluating our renovation plans, and I can safely say I am beginning to see where the plans need to change!

Anyone here have a kitchen stored in the basement of the RV so that larger cooking projects take place outside?

I note, that I am amazed by what I don't need!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi! This thread goes so fast that I cannot keep up with it. What bits I do read, it sounds like everyone is having fun.

Glad to have you pop in. Please do so more often!

I hope that fire was the steak and not the whole kitchen! And no one injured in the making of the film!!!

Keep in touch.
Sue
Old 08-26-2014, 05:10 PM   #21228

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Thanks; we will take you up on that! They were always part of our winter-time, evening in front of the fireplace, routine. Nuts and popcorn.

I actually bought a small hazel tree (4, actually, but only one survived) several years ago. It's only now beginning to show signs of fruiting. They don't need 2 to tango, do they?

Come to our place and we can load you up with black walnuts. Most years the squirrels get the lot, but sometimes I collect and process some too.

Coincidentally, our place is called Walnut Hills for all the trees my great- and great-great grandparents planted there. I have Grandfather's hand-cranked corn sheller to remove the hulls and Daddy's hand built cleaning drum to remove the remaining hull dust before cracking.

See? I couldn't go FT. Too much stuff and too much history. The roots run too deep. OTOH, PT is easy!

Cheers!
Sue
Are you saying we're rootless, shallow, stuffless, historyless vagabonds with nothing to remember, cling to, cherish or let go... 😁
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 05:17 PM   #21229

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Are you saying we're rootless, shallow' stuffless, historyless vagabonds with nothing to remember, cling to, cherish or let go... 😁 "2funny:

Yup.
And:
Whattaway to go, go, go!

I remember your "stash, slash, and trash"! Haven't been drawn to do that. Yet. Stay tuned.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:23 PM   #21230

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
[QUOTE=Suspinz;2200045]Yup/QUOTE]

That's what I thought. Just checking. Lol.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:31 PM   #21231

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:

I remember your "stash, slash, and trash"! Haven't been drawn to do that. Yet. Stay tuned.
I've seen your stash and man...it would take more than a slash to trash it all. Think NUKE as a starting point. LOL
Old 08-26-2014, 05:53 PM   #21232

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
It's no easy task for sure. I think that since my parents passed away more than decade ago - and Annie's are still alive - our task is a bit less than what some may go through. Also - having downsized to the the 2/2/2 apartment 5 or so years ago helped pave the way. Still - it is unbelievable how much there is to go through.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:57 PM   #21233
RVM#87 / Senior Member

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
It's no easy task for sure. I think that since my parents passed away more than decade ago - and Annie's are still alive - our task is a bit less than what some may go through. Also - having downsized to the the 2/2/2 apartment 5 or so years ago helped pave the way. Still - it is unbelievable how much there is to go through.
And just think there's two of you.....only one of me.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:08 PM   #21234

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
Piece of cake then... LOL.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:31 PM   #21235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
I've seen your stash and man...it would take more than a slash to trash it all. Think NUKE as a starting point. LOL

Now don't you be snitchin' on me! Nuke might indeed be the way to go, but Martin just kindly suggests a dumpster. He might be right, but I'm not there yet. :/
Old 08-26-2014, 06:38 PM   #21236

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Now don't you be snitchin' on me! Nuke might indeed be the way to go, but Martin just kindly suggests a dumpster. He might be right, but I'm not there yet. :/
My dad always told me that when our ship came in we would leave for.... I would say - but what about all our things... he would say - there's nothing here that couldn't be taken care of with a gallon of gas and book of matches...

Apparently I did not fall far from the tree.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:38 PM   #21237

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
The world could not suffer two.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:44 PM   #21238

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
The world could not suffer two.
LOL and ..
Attached Images