Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2014, 10:09 AM   #21309

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
BTW, the knee is coming along. Return to work--no driving--will likely be Sept. 5. Pray for me. I'm just rotten now; eating ice cream, having Kate wait on me, watching Netflix movies all day long. It's a tough life. .... Wait ... the physical therapist comes tomorrow. Where is my dang pain medicine?

Certainly hoping for a full recovery, Mel. You and Kate may need to "escape" when you are able.
And darn that Steve for being able to meet you two before Nola and I could!

We had 2 fine days with Colleen and Don (KSCRUDE) and on Sat we meet for German lunch with Martha and Bob (MartySQ). Woot-woot.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2014, 10:12 AM   #21310

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
...... snip snip
Departing on the suggested trip from west cost would not be an option for us. Currently have family wanting to do England, Norway, Sweden and Russia. We are watching the Russia -Ukraine issue closely.
Tim - never say never - Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans... 😀
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:52 AM   #21311

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Can't drink that much.... well you can work on that... but I know you can eat your weight in mutant meals.... lol...

So as it is - aren't the port times like 8 hours - back on ship - underway 3 hours then 5 hours in port - rinse repeat. They all look to be about as much time in port as tour bus in the Badlands or Custer or Grand Canyon. Enough to wet yer whistle then off again. You get a taste but to really see a stop - you would have to go back. Looks more like a marathon on land to me than anything else. But again - never been on a cruise....
Been on a gambling boat - twice outta Port Canaveral Fla... that was fun!!

To me...
Hate the at sea days, boring, dont care anything about doing cross oceanic voyage.
The ports are essential..... Even if it justs wets your whistle.... I could never see so many places otherwise.

Food.... Great at first, then gets boring.... Lol... Really... The pizza maker became our best friend on Med cruise.... In fact we didnt even take formal wear for that.... Booze pricey, but got mine discounted....

I enjoyed the excursions, but they can get pricey... But Larry and I are now certified host so got them free.... If you take an excursion booked through the ship, it will not leave you.... Woked on Celebrity and Cunard, paid for Royal Caribbean and Carnival... Pros and cons on all.... Balcony is great if you are introvert..... But there are always places you can find that are secluded. Annie can find her spot, and let Steve find a microphone.... Smile....

I can see Dave being the center of attention..... Lol...

Not done with working the ships, still on roster.... Just enjoying day at a time right now....

Looks like for me babysitting season is in full bloom.... Tween now and Oct 1 have about hald my days booked....

Ok Banana nut cake with cream cheese icing is coming out of oven... Dessert is what's for lunch....

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:14 AM   #21312

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
Always open to new Mutant members Bob! Take a little time and read the first two posts in this thread from our exhalted Grand Poohbah leader and tell us what you don't have and don't miss; and, tell us the Journey is the Destination and I'll just bet we can induct you into this august body of Mutants as #91.

Best of luck on passing the test.

Oh essay test huh? Was pretty good at those in College

Lessee what do I not have and not miss. This is hard because we (DW & I) actually want what we have and don't miss anything else! We have a nice modest 5er that I love to tinker on & Mod (so I guess if I miss something I just make it rather than consume a product )

At some point, when we retire in a couple years, we MAY move to a Class A but only for the convenience factor, not the want factor (like a good Class A driving friend says, when you are older, pushing a button to set up is a LOT easier than all that stuff you 5er-yankers do!)

He has a Point I guess but right now I like to tinker so it's back to wanting what we have

Didn't we get RVs because the JOURNEY was the REASON for the trip? I mean, why drag your house behind you if you are tunnel focused on driving 700 miles a day? WAIT did you see that BIG FREAK'N T-REX on I-65 at The Mammouth Cave exit??!! No? Then take a plane fergoshsakes!

We never drive over 65MPH (good reason too - that's the MAX speed C/D class RV tires are rated for )

Oh, ...And never more than 350 miles a day. That way when we get to camp, we have time to look around and eplore the area - even if it is just a overnight stopover (you find SUCH cool outtatheway stuff that way!)

So there ya have it gang...RV Gosple according to BamaBob
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:19 AM   #21313

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Ok so Im posting because I found my laptop and wanted to see if it even worked. It does, but really slow compared to the Ipad. So nothing really to say, nothing new right? Looks like were getting out to Bama Land, so I,ll type real slow so they can keep up. Our Razobacks are heading over to Bama and my bet is this is going to be a whupping! (note, didn,t say who's whupping who)

Bama just a warning, this group is a bunch of Sick Twisted Mutants of the very best Kind!

Hey there my Porcine friend

See'n as ya'll don't come to US this year and we come ta pay a visit on ya'll Oct 11...why not come pay a visit to US! We are having a Forest River Owner's Group rally 24-26 Oct and ya'll can join us in our mutual dislike of TN (the Enemy of My Enemy is my FRIEND )

Appreciate the warning from a fellow SEC'er - think it is too late though, I already submitted my "test"
Old 08-28-2014, 11:23 AM   #21314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Well sir, some of us DO modify our rigs, but always in truly mutated fashion. And we're always open to new mutants. I see you've been given your test paper, so you may turn it up and begin ... Now!

Oh, you're half done already? Carry on then!

Cheers!
Sue
Test is submitted oh Grand Sue!

I will await outside for the reading comittee's judgement
Old 08-28-2014, 11:28 AM   #21315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
So you have no autoleveling system..... CONTINUE.... We are waiting to see if you continue....

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
Alas Diane it appears that HSVBamaBob has reconsidered his excursion into the Rainbowland of Mutants....What did I almost get myself into...we'll just have to see if'n he returns to claim his Mutancy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRasco View Post
He's from Alabama! Of course he'll come back!!

I thought you loaned that to OJ Simpson?
Nay Nay all I have not abandoned ya'll I just had a morning full of meetings (2 ...more...years...only...2...more....)

Lunch time now so the test paper is in!
Old 08-28-2014, 11:32 AM   #21316

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Can't drink that much.... well you can work on that... but I know you can eat your weight in mutant meals.... lol...

So as it is - aren't the port times like 8 hours - back on ship - underway 3 hours then 5 hours in port - rinse repeat. They all look to be about as much time in port as tour bus in the Badlands or Custer or Grand Canyon. Enough to wet yer whistle then off again. You get a taste but to really see a stop - you would have to go back. Looks more like a marathon on land to me than anything else. But again - never been on a cruise....
Been on a gambling boat - twice outta Port Canaveral Fla... that was fun!!

You are spot on about the time allotment. I'm almost to the point of having had enough whistle-wetting, and begin to think about picking a center for exploring...before I get too old!

However, if the goal is to enjoy shipboard life, get a taster from each of several locations, and/or to enjoy being at sea, then cruising is the thing. One needn't take every shore excursion, nor even go ashore at each port.

This trip, we plan to wander about on our own on 4 of our 7 stops. There are always travel guides on board in the library for planning purposes.

Our first cruise was offered by FMCA and planned by Fantasy Tours. There was a ready made group. One of mutants would be even better, since we are already family!

Long-winded I am, young Luke. Out.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:45 AM   #21317

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Oh essay test huh? Was pretty good at those in College

Lessee what do I not have and not miss. This is hard because we (DW & I) actually want what we have and don't miss anything else! We have a nice modest 5er that I love to tinker on & Mod (so I guess if I miss something I just make it rather than consume a product )

At some point, when we retire in a couple years, we MAY move to a Class A but only for the convenience factor, not the want factor (like a good Class A driving friend says, when you are older, pushing a button to set up is a LOT easier than all that stuff you 5er-yankers do!)

He has a Point I guess but right now I like to tinker so it's back to wanting what we have

Didn't we get RVs because the JOURNEY was the REASON for the trip? I mean, why drag your house behind you if you are tunnel focused on driving 700 miles a day? WAIT did you see that BIG FREAK'N T-REX on I-65 at The Mammouth Cave exit??!! No? Then take a plane fergoshsakes!

We never drive over 65MPH (good reason too - that's the MAX speed C/D class RV tires are rated for )

Oh, ...And never more than 350 miles a day. That way when we get to camp, we have time to look around and eplore the area - even if it is just a overnight stopover (you find SUCH cool outtatheway stuff that way!)

So there ya have it gang...RV Gosple according to BamaBob
Greetings HSVBamaBob - you have met the rigid and taxing qualifications to travel the rainbow representing the RV Mutants as RVM91. Travel in good health and may all your journeys be Grande and grand...

Well mutants - we have added another family member. I to your ability to keep the RVMDOM and the rainbow bright and vibrant. It is your good nature and good will that keeps us growing. Long Live the RVMDOM. Hail to the Rainbow. The Journey is Indeed the Destination!

Welcome Bob!

RVM2
Steve and Annie
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:45 AM   #21318

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Nay Nay all I have not abandoned ya'll I just had a morning full of meetings (2 ...more...years...only...2...more....)

Lunch time now so the test paper is in!

BamaBob...
Us retired teachers, from Arkansas, too, dont grade test papers during lunch.... If i remember right, 25 min was lunch time and sometimes we had duty for half of that. But fyi, you passed the test, as far as I am concerned...

So welcome back... Welcome to the mutant rainbow... You will be given #91 as soon as Dave or Steve check in....

Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:58 AM   #21319

R U an RV Mutant too?

Meanwhile, from Kent in England:
Wildwood Wildlife Park of English animals. They provide generous enclosures of natural habitat for all their critters, including large spaces for the birds so they can fly.

European bison (who knew?), eagle owls (world's largest), fallow deer, and red squirrels are among their holdings, plus these otters.

Doris, lazily scratching her back on the walkway:Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1409248237.902497.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	632.6 KB
ID:	72234
Sixpence, pleased with himself after having just caught and eaten a fish in front of us:Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1409248324.507957.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	758.2 KB
ID:	72235

A primitive horse, more buckskin than this shows, looked more interested in humans than its herd mates:Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1409248483.418857.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	72236

Part of the red deer herd, these females were resting while their stag with his magnificent antlers was off further, out of good camera range:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1409248528.645363.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	72237

More later!
Old 08-28-2014, 12:11 PM   #21320

HSVbamaBob, wear your 91 well, you STM. WELCOME to RVMville!

Suspinz, I have followed you fine pics with awe and jealousy! Do not stop!!! Our appetite for such Journeys is very large!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:17 PM   #21321

Solo Rvers Club
Welcome to RVMdom Bob!! Congrats on meeting the rigorous criteria and testing for admittance.

Wear your RVM #91 with pride. Everyone will know or be alerted that you are as crazy and twisted as the rest of us....AND that you consider the Journey as the Destination.

May the Rainbow transport you to your most craziest and twistedest enjoyment of the Journey.

Now if the Potentate can get the temps to update the list.....

BTW....Currently Joe is in charge of the broom....so Joe pass that on down to Bob if you would...
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:19 PM   #21322

Solo Rvers Club
Sue.....Me thinks that buckskin is more interested in a carrot or some other treat than being part of the shoo fly squad with the rest of the herd.....
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote