Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2014, 06:36 PM   #21337

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
So are you campaigning to be number 93, Jeff and Ginny? Cuz I think you just passed the entrance exam.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2014, 06:37 PM   #21338

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Except that you didn't mention something on your MH that you don't have or miss.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:38 PM   #21339

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinjef View Post
I do not have "my own" driveway. No more painting, or spackeling, or mowing grass, or shoveling snow. No more cleaning up neighbors dog poop. I have no job, or at least one that i need to show up to everyday.
Dave you were right "The Journey is Our Destination".

Ladies and gentlemen and Mutants of all ages, please join me in a BIG Welcome to Jeff Stein (steinjef, DOT examiner for my Class B) as RVM92!!!!😜👍✌️👏😃
Jeff, you and your DW and any mascots or fur babies are now free to Journey on the RVM Rainbow!!!!
So very glad you could retire, and (Woot) go fulltime, Jeff. You deserve it!

Hey you Sick Twisted Mutants, help me welcome RVM92!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:44 PM   #21340

Quote:
I do not have "my own" driveway. No more painting, or spackeling, or mowing grass, or shoveling snow. No more cleaning up neighbors dog poop. I have no job, or at least one that i need to show up to everyday.

Hi Jeff and Ginny.... Welcome to our rainbow.....
We have the older cross country sportscoach, ya know, the old company one.... But we love it anyways.
Glad to have you.....

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:47 PM   #21341

Vintage RV Owners Club
welcome to jeff and Ginny... boy we might start getting names here confused pretty soon... that's 2 Ginny's now!
Old 08-28-2014, 06:49 PM   #21342

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
So are you campaigning to be number 93, Jeff and Ginny? Cuz I think you just passed the entrance exam.
OH MY Judy....the Potentate will be forever mis counting....again ...if you mention #93, I see the GP has got it right with RVM#92.

Welcome to RVMdom Jeff and Ginny. Congrats on becoming STMs like the rest of us!!

Be ready cause I bet Bob is ready to pass the broom to you.....

May the Rainbow transport you to the most sickest and twistedest adventures in your Journey!
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:55 PM   #21343

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
'Nite all! Mañana por la mañana is the train ride to Southampton for our overnight before shipping out Saturday, so things will soon be winding down from this end of the rainbow for a while.
Talk amongst yourselves. Hah! As if you wouldn't!!!
Cheers!
Safe travels Diane.

Mutants talk??
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:07 PM   #21344

Nor'easters Club
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
thank you all.....we will try to live up to the RVM standards.....whatever they may be.
steinjef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:11 PM   #21345
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Wish we were there, Wayne!
90+ in Eastern KS.
But heading to CO and UT soon.
Eat some pasties, aye?
What's your hurry. There's still time before the snow hits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
Now if you kept going north and east through Sault Ste. Marie on Hwy. 17 for about 4-5 hours you would be at our place! (full hookups, lol). We were in Mackinaw last summer. Super area!
If'n it wasn't so late in the year I might take you up on that. Haven't planned for it. No equipment like cell phones that wouldn't cost an arm and leg to use in CA. Withdrawal pains for a week or so would be tremendous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
[...]BTW, the knee is coming along. Return to work--no driving--will likely be Sept. 5. Pray for me. I'm just rotten now; eating ice cream, having Kate wait on me, watching Netflix movies all day long. It's a tough life. .... Wait ... the physical therapist comes tomorrow. Where is my dang pain medicine?
After two ACL reconstructions, one knee replaced, and two rotators cuff repairs I offer this advice. Only do what the therapist tell you to do, and only do at home what they prescribe you do. Doing more in anticiapation that more is better is not right when it comes to this type physical therapy. It is designed to help you - not hurt you. But you already know that, eh?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
welcome to jeff and Ginny... boy we might start getting names here confused pretty soon... that's 2 Ginny's now!
We now have two Jeff's - oh no!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:25 PM   #21346
MPH

Quote:
Congrats Steinjefs! And welcome to this odd collection of people who have mutated beyond all recognition. Many of us hail from the planet Ork. (Robin, you were always one of us.) There's not a more welcoming bunch anywhere, believe me.

Mel
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:29 PM   #21347

Hey, STMs, we just had the best "Q" ever. Honest!
http://bosshawgsbbq.com
Do not miss this when in Topeka KS. Nonono!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:37 PM   #21348
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Talk to our Barb (okmunky) sometime when she's around. She not only houses our official mascot, Sena, but she also had both knees replaced at once last winter. Her experience regaining ROM took a very determined woman!

Doing just the one must be ... ahem ... stressful. I can't imagine doing two!

Cheers!
Sue
I know, Sue, I read that about Barb somewhere in this thread. (Does this hold the record for have the most pages in a thread?) Gotta meet that gal! She's my new hero.

I had barely gotten over my right rotator cuff surgery (where they had to cut away part of my clavicle) when I injured my right Achilles and then 6 weeks later busted open my right knee. Weird. I'm right handed and right eye dominant. Weird! Needless to say, I sure wouldn't have wanted to try and rehab TWO knees at the same time. I'd rather stretch it out over 9 months and two joints and one Achilles tendon! Get to know that therapist like a brother. Ha ha! This hasn't been my best year, but I'm not complaining! Because I have been off work--again -- for 6 weeks, I was able to find this crazy group of RVmutants. My lucky day!

Mel
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:50 PM   #21349

"If'n it wasn't so late in the year I might take you up on that. Haven't planned for it. No equipment like cell phones that wouldn't cost an arm and leg to use in CA. Withdrawal pains for a week or so would be tremendous."

I hear ya! Last summer when we crossed the border at Sarnia we stopped in Port Huron on your side to get a pay per use phone and a Verizon Jet card hotspot for wifi internet. Worked great, but when we got home we discovered there was absolutely no way we could keep them active or topped up until our next visit because even the USA visa card from our bank associated with our USA dollar account was tied to our Canadian address, so we could not pay, no way. They had to use a "fake" USA address to set up and activate them and we used visa for that, but once back over the border we could not do anything. Spent a lot of time on the phone about it! But there was no way we could be without high speed for weeks! My name is Tina and I am an internet addict.
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:55 PM   #21350

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
"If'n it wasn't so late in the year I might take you up on that. Haven't planned for it. No equipment like cell phones that wouldn't cost an arm and leg to use in CA. Withdrawal pains for a week or so would be tremendous."

I hear ya! Last summer when we crossed the border at Sarnia we stopped in Port Huron on your side to get a pay per use phone and a Verizon Jet card hotspot for wifi internet. Worked great, but when we got home we discovered there was absolutely no way we could keep them active or topped up until our next visit because even the USA visa card from our bank associated with our USA dollar account was tied to our Canadian address, so we could not pay, no way. They had to use a "fake" USA address to set up and activate them and we used visa for that, but once back over the border we could not do anything. Spent a lot of time on the phone about it! But there was no way we could be without high speed for weeks! My name is Tina and I am an internet addict.

Love it... Not the pay problems though, that sux..... Hi Tina.... Me too......

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote