Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2014, 09:49 PM   #21351
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
These are the view from our seats at the Secret Cove Restaurant in Anacortes, WA.
Fabulous sea food dinner with a sunset to match. My girls and I had a great evening.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1409284001.390540.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	313.9 KB
ID:	72294Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1409284019.252814.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	259.6 KB
ID:	72295
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2014, 10:00 PM   #21352
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
After two ACL reconstructions, one knee replaced, and two rotators cuff repairs I offer this advice. Only do what the therapist tell you to do, and only do at home what they prescribe you do. Doing more in anticiapation that more is better is not right when it comes to this type physical therapy. It is designed to help you - not hurt you. But you already know that, eh?.
Yeah, pretty much learned all that after rotator cuff surgery where they also had to cut off part of my clavicle. My sis-n-law had warned me about being a good therapy patient. She had knee replacement at age 49 and you'd never know it today. She made a believer outta me, though. When PT started, I was the model patient. Consequently, today I have probably 98% of my range of motion back. The shoulder is great. So yeah, I'm very appreciative of the benefits of PT. I cannot even imagine going through this kind of thing without PT. Gotta have it!

My mom has a friend who had knee surgery two years ago. He only did the exercises when he was with the therapist, and never did any of them at home. Today, he is having a really hard time. Still using a walker. So sad.

And to Barbara, my hat is off. Rehabbing two new knees at once ... Well, all I can say is

Mel
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:09 PM   #21353

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
These are the view from our seats at the Secret Cove Restaurant in Anacortes, WA.
Fabulous sea food dinner with a sunset to match. My girls and I had a great evening.

Attachment 72294Attachment 72295

Awesome view Les! Said it before - you're a lucky dog (mutant)...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:24 PM   #21354
MPH

Quote:

Beautiful part of the world! Seen any pirates yet? They could be muties ....
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:39 PM   #21355
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
SarahW, Martin is saying we haven't heard from you lately. It's required by the bylaws that you check in now'n agin. Besides, we're wondering how's it goin' over your way!
Hi Sue! I've been having a busy summer, but I try to keep up with the RVMs. I hope you and Martin are having a wonderful time. I'm enjoying your travel reports and photos very much! Keep 'em comin'!
Old 08-28-2014, 10:41 PM   #21356

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Hi Sue! I've been having a busy summer, but I try to keep up with the RVMs. I hope you and Martin are having a wonderful time. I'm enjoying your travel reports and photos very much! Keep 'em comin'!
Hi Sarah!
Old 08-28-2014, 11:16 PM   #21357
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Hi Sarah!
Hi yourself!! The ole' retirement clock is tickin' down!!
Old 08-29-2014, 12:09 AM   #21358

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I will end my day today by starting your day this way...

The Trail Is The Thing
The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for. - Louis L'Amour

And - page 22
Murder at Rope Light Gulch
Old 08-29-2014, 01:00 AM   #21359

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinjef View Post
I do not have "my own" driveway. No more painting, or spackeling, or mowing grass, or shoveling snow. No more cleaning up neighbors dog poop. I have no job, or at least one that i need to show up to everyday.
Dave you were right "The Journey is Our Destination".

Ah, but do you miss them? Ya gotta say!

See? The entrance requirements to this august, sick and twisted group are verrrry stringent! But we feel confident you can meet them all and will enter our ranks in short order.

It seems you are already known amongst us, so I bid you welcome. We are family!

Cheers!
Sue
Old 08-29-2014, 01:10 AM   #21360

Quote:

Mmm-mmm, lovely! If dinner was anywhere near as good, you were nearly in heaven! Beautiful pics!
Old 08-29-2014, 01:28 AM   #21361

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
So I take it you won't be going on a mutant cruise. --

Actually - I have never been on a cruise. And I do have a bunch of suggestions in for SOGC locations but as I have said before... it takes a bit of coordination and time to pull that all together. By Dec 5th I should be settled in enough to really work on the SOGC.. and anyone else is welcome to take a stab at it before hand..

It does seem that since I started doing retirement type things - cruise lines - credit card companies and lord knows who all want to hook me up with something - scooters - bathtubs - Vilas - condos - retirement communities - rv lots - lol..

So when whoozits with cruises called the other day we talked about cruises. Just tossed it out there Tim since you have been on a cruise since the thread began - Sue has been on 4 or 5 - Dave and Nola have 1 a year in their "plans" and Don and Colleen cruise... and others - so I thought it might be something to think about. Especially given the proximity of San Diego to AZ - or cruises out of FL for wintering mutants... seemed like a good idea at the time.

So Mel - we got together 1 time before - and will plan another - and mini-c's happen with more and more frequency.

This is the link to the presentation of the FEGC @ CL
http://www.rvmutants.com/first-ever-...ng-history.htm

Edit in testing the link - looks like you may have to pop it a time or two to get it to behave...

Take a look and peruse the rest of the website too... we have a great group - and every last mutant is a rainbow riding winner!

Elizabeth - your mugs are on the way...

Mel - I can get ya some mugs but the patch is on hold for now. Maybe in March LOL.

Later mutants...
A great Birthday Present for me would be you picking my submission for the Son of in Northern BC.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:20 AM   #21362

Good morning mutants....
Les, gorgeous sunset...
Sarah we have mussed you.
Mel. Keep on pt..ing...
Tim is leaving out soon
Marty is meeting up with Dave
QTπ getting her first trim today
I am babysitting tomorrow....

As are the rainbow colors, we are all doing and not all knowing.... Its early, already been up an hour....
Still hot down here.....

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:38 AM   #21363

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
I agree on all above. The cc5er was very nice and actually big enough. We had decided to do more traveling instead of just going somewhere and setting up for a week or so. The Mh is so much easier to set up and allows us more spontaneity in our travels, for instance if I'm recognized by the paparazzi or FBI, I can be gone quickly.

Now let me know more about the rally, where etc. as we may be in area a undetermined time.
Yeah I am slowly starting to agree with the MH concept - push a button and you are camping - spend a overnight in a Wally world WITH A/C because you have a inverter and genny on board - lots and lots and LOTS of advantages over a 5er.

Problem we have ATM is our Rockwood is so over-modded, Forest River wouldn't recognize it Hell, I have even installed a home made slide out drawer in the basement We will need to find a experienced RVer who appreciates all these finer things in life so we can get a good deal when we trade up!

As for the FROG Planning Rally in October, here is the email I sent out to the FROGs:

Greetings!

We have a venue and a date for the first ALA-FROG rally!

WHEN: OCT 24-26 2014
WHERE: Mill Creek RV Park
- Mill Creek Park Homepage

Before I call the Campgound and start reserving sites, I wanted to confirm that you will be attending.

If you are, please send me the following info:

Model of your RV
Type (Motorhome, 5th Wheel, Travel Trailer, ect)
Length
Number of Slides
Power Requirement

Here is my contact Info:
Bob Williams
Cell: 256-929-5686
bob@williamsnet.org

Please provide the same to me

Let's Get Ready To Rally!!

Bob
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:47 AM   #21364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Good morning mutants....
Les, gorgeous sunset...
Sarah we have mussed you.
Mel. Keep on pt..ing...
Tim is leaving out soon
Marty is meeting up with Dave
QTπ getting her first trim today
I am babysitting tomorrow....

As are the rainbow colors, we are all doing and not all knowing.... Its early, already been up an hour....
Still hot down here.....

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Hmmm Little dusty here pardon my slacking!!

Gonna be another Labor Day smok'er here in Alabammy today - mid 90s and ya swim through the air.

Of course, we DO have the benefits of spectaluar sunrises up here on the Mountain (OK what we call Mountains in 'Bama ya'll out west call hills )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sunrise on Mother's Mountain.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	72305  
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote