Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2014, 10:05 AM   #21379
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Thanks Mel! My surgery was Feb 5th and the GC@CL was starting on April 24th. I didn't have the time or patience for 2 surgeries and recoveries. That and both knees were so bad I wouldn't have been able to do a decent job at rehabbing the first.

It was REALLY tough for the first week, but got easier everyday. I know that rehab is 10% exercises and 90% attitude. The "Honey get me a pain pill while I, OUCH, prop my knee on this pillow" types stay disabled. If you decide you want your life back and work thru the pain it goes away faster.

I'm left foot dominate and my right knee has lagged behind the left. At my 6 week check up with the surgeon he told me the right one was on target, the left was just way ahead. I still try to stop and switch to climbing stairs with the right first. Now I'm climbing stairs like a grown-up again which is good because I'm doing it about 30 times a day now.
You've got it right about the attitude part! I joke around a lot and my therapist and I take turns with the jabs at each other. We laugh a lot. But, I believe in PT 110% and am faithful to do me exercises and do them as instructed.

Congrats on the grown-up stair-climbing! That's a huge deal. Right now, the thought of climbing stairs makes me almost pass out! But I know I'll get there. Gotta be able to climb into a MH so I can test drive it! And I want to do that sooner than later.

I expect that when we meet up on the road somewhere or at a future RVM conflab, you'll be flitting around like you never even had surgery! Two brand new knees. Wow. You're the bionic woman! (Kate tells me I'm Frankenstein. HA!)

Take care, Barb. Hope to meet you one of these days!

AND, to all my Mutant friends, I'm signing off for a few days. We're headed to our mountain home in NM for a long weekend. I think I can travel in the back seat with my bum leg up. I'll throw my wedge pillow in there so I can lean against it on the back car door. If the knee starts to ache, we'll stop and I'll get out with the walker and stretch it out a little. It's 4 hrs 15 mins. But I'm so ready to get outta this house, I'll chance it.

At least at the mountain home, I can sit on the deck with a glass of wine, watch the deer and wild turkey and hummingbirds and occasional black bear, listen to the whir of the breeze through the tops of the pines, and enjoy the amazing views. We have no internet connection there, which was Kate's request -- so she is assured of having my full attention.

I'll be back on the forum next week.

Take care, safe travels and may the wind be ever at your back!

Mel
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2014, 10:11 AM   #21380

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^ I sure feel for you folks with knee and leg problems. Must be tough. 😐 You are an inspiration!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:24 AM   #21381

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
^^^ I sure feel for you folks with knee and leg problems. Must be tough. 😐 You are an inspiration!

Steve, you are a character for sure...... Not having met you, they will not unnerstan this remark......
Smile.

MOTATE
MOTATE
MOTATE............

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:27 AM   #21382

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Steve, you are a character for sure...... Not having met you, they will not unnerstan this remark......
Smile.

MOTATE
MOTATE
MOTATE............

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Life is Sooo Good as to be Grand.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:42 AM   #21383

[QUOTE=Wayne M;2204347]

Do they understand your accent, or do they say "What?" a lot.

They know me well enough by now! DSIL is from up north in Yorkshire, so sometimes I have to ask for a repeat. DD speaks more what you'd hear on telly (yes, they really say that!), also known as BBC English.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:22 AM   #21384

Solo Rvers Club
Mel....be careful and enjoy your adventure to NM.....say hello to the deer and the antelope...
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:24 AM   #21385

More ...

Bacon!!!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1409332311.747085.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	688.6 KB
ID:	72335

And the only way I could get bacon on the train to Southampton was in a BLT. What a shame!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1409332442.320628.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	768.0 KB
ID:	72336

I've been watching traffic of a different sort from the hotel room this afternoon:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1409332566.853898.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	432.3 KB
ID:	72337
A cruise liner and the Isle of Wight ferry leaving at the same time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1409332909.503362.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	418.3 KB
ID:	72338
Park across the street, fronting the Solent, in the foreground. In the background, a black ship's funnel on the left and 2 cargo ships standing at anchor out toward the right.

More when I can.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:31 PM   #21386

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Such a deal!

The remotes on our Sleep Number bed were analog and the displays had died... they were hard wired and needed to be replaced.

Called Sleep Number and for $120 we have a new pump, hoses and 2 new digital / wireless remotes on the way.

That was a surprised. I thought it would be more.
Had to replace mine but only got one remote that operated both sides. Removing the wiring for old remotes required pulling a lot more apart than I wanted, so, they are still in unit just tucked away.

For you or I it was a tight squeeze, for Annie, no problem!
Old 08-29-2014, 02:42 PM   #21387

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Had to replace mine but only got one remote that operated both sides. Removing the wiring for old remotes required pulling a lot more apart than I wanted, so, they are still in unit just tucked away.

For you or I it was a tight squeeze, for Annie, no problem!
I may pay guy who gets paid to fit into such spaces to do it.

They offered me the "newest" single control that opetates both sides. I asked about the getting two and and they said sure - $20 for the second. I have noted that Annie adjusts hers in the middle of the night and I have been know to as well. Told the lady I think mine is old man Syndrom. What felt right at bedtime was to firm 3 hours later when my neck, shoulder, arm, back... etc started to complain.

What was surprising wad that since I bought Bonita from a dealer - not an individual - the warranty / pro-rating was in effect - saved me a bunch of money...
Old 08-29-2014, 02:53 PM   #21388

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Smile.

MOTATE
MOTATE
MOTATE............

A CHARACTER? Uhmmm... yeah, he knows it too Miss you steve! Hope to see you again soon!
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:54 PM   #21389

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Hey any RVM's in the Smokey Mountain Valley right now? This one is.

This is "the kids" checkin in. We are doing fine 1000 miles from home in the Smokeys on the way to New Jersey.

Fished Lake Douglas today, not a bite one! Tomorrow = the rapids of Pigeon River. The dogs are fine, the wife is asleep from days of getting up at 5am to go fishing, and I have a bottle of scotch and a gorgeous place to sit for 5 days

All is well.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:03 PM   #21390

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
Hey any RVM's in the Smokey Mountain Valley right now? This one is.

This is "the kids" checkin in. We are doing fine 1000 miles from home in the Smokeys on the way to New Jersey.

Fished Lake Douglas today, not a bite one! Tomorrow = the rapids of Pigeon River. The dogs are fine, the wife is asleep from days of getting up at 5am to go fishing, and I have a bottle of scotch and a gorgeous place to sit for 5 days

All is well.
Jay did you get your coach cooled down? After reading about your problem I went out to shop and cut a piece of the fool insulation to fit my front window. weatherman said south east to be warmer than normal next couple weeks and thats where I'm headed.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:08 PM   #21391

Fleetwood Owners Club
Try the Chatooga float it's worth the drive over and much more exciting! Wildwater Chattooga Adventure Center, Chattooga River |Wildwater Rafting & Canopy Zipline Tours 29658

They filmed deliverance there! If your old enough to remember Deliverance with Burt Reynolds.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:09 PM   #21392

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Jay did you get your coach cooled down? After reading about your problem I went out to shop and cut a piece of the fool insulation to fit my front window. weatherman said south east to be warmer than normal next couple weeks and thats where I'm headed.

Thank goodness yes!! we learned how to open and close vents and bedroom doors.... this made a massssssssive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! difference. So we are now fully trained in opening and closing AC vents

Also, this tennesee weather is pretty awesome