Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2014, 11:24 AM   #21463

We are in Paola, KS at Beethoven's 9th restaurant with Marty and Bob, and you are NOT! So ha!
Grand folks, great german food, laughter abounds, and the grins go round and round!

http://beethovens-paola.com
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1409419416.726376.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	919.1 KB
ID:	72420
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2014, 11:25 AM   #21464

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
^^^ I sure feel for you folks with knee and leg problems. Must be tough. 😐 You are an inspiration!
Aren't you the guy with the ultimate knee problem? So many of us have bum knees. Hmm, perhaps an RVM subgroup -- we could call ourselves the "wannabe butt kickers"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:31 AM   #21465

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Steve and Annie -- your sleep number will change once start to cross over mountains. Higher altitudes cause the beds to feel rock hard, so you let some air out. Then as you descend they become mushy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:50 AM   #21466

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Storied past Air Force Vet (Combat Controller), got smart and decided I did not want to make a career of jumping outta airplanes and telling pilots where to drop their bombs so I got out, went to the University of Georgia (how BOUT them DAWGS!) Somehow or another wound up with a PhD in Psychology/Research/Applied Statistics Worked as director of research at the medical center of Central GA for 2 years then the Army recruited me for Human Factors research. Went to White Sands NM for 2 years then they selected me to go to Germany for 4 years, came back to White Sands, and be can doing research into missile launch systems. US Army Space and Missile Defense Command (SMDC) stole me from White Sands in 2004 and in 2008 US Africa Command (Based in Stuttgart Germany) "Borrowed" me from SMDC until 2012. Back at SMDC now designing satellite systems and other space junk <G> Or at least I will until the end of 2016 then it is retirement time!

There ya go! My life in under 200 words

Even more interesting.... We have all branches among the mutantnicity..... My DH is tetired Army, i am a veteran of teaching Jr High..... Wanna know who is tougher? Smile...... But he was in Germany for awhile.... But long before you.

Check out Rvillage.com... We are there as well.....

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:52 AM   #21467

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
We are in Paola, KS at Beethoven's 9th restaurant with Marty and Bob, and you are NOT! So ha!
Grand folks, great german food, laughter abounds, and the grins go round and round!

http://beethovens-paola.com
Attachment 72420

Fun... You all look really nice..... Whats in the white box? Steve always photographs his meal before eating.....

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 12:03 PM   #21468

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Steve and Annie -- your sleep number will change once start to cross over mountains. Higher altitudes cause the beds to feel rock hard, so you let some air out. Then as you descend they become mushy.
Have read the manual on letting the air down at altitude. And we actually like the Sleep Number bed better than our bed at home. Ours is one of the top of the line models so that may make a difference - but so far never had a mush problem. At home we fight with pillows and toss and turn for neck and back - on the S N - we just make an occasional adjustment and it's all good. A much better nights sleep for us. Could also be the motorhome effect... lol... every thing is better in a motorhome 😎
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 12:08 PM   #21469

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Fun... You all look really nice..... Whats in the white box? Steve always photographs his meal before eating.....

Wait till I get started on Yelp... the other night the Turkish food was great...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1409422097469.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	72422  
Attached Images

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 01:37 PM   #21470

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
I will end my day today by starting your day this way...

The Trail Is The Thing
The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for. - Louis L'Amour

And - page 22
Murder at Rope Light Gulch
I have every book the man ever wrote, even his Hoppalong Cassidy and scifi stuff. I have gone to places he described in dusters just to see how accurate his verbage was. So far I have to say he was damn accurate.

Quote:
I did see you can prepay for various drink packages and upscale dining on the cruise. So... perhaps drink in one hand - lamb shank in the other...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
Lamb?? Do they serve BACON?? Most important consideration to a true STM.
The consideration is the size of the mounds of bacon being mentioned.

Quote:
Just when ya think think the arts are getting short shrift in the world. Of course if not mistaken they are from Gremany... quite a bit of talent on that stage and not just musical - I mean comedic talent btw....
What continent is this located on??

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post

I was on the debate team but missed Valedictorian

Does introducing a Senator when I was in College count?

Actually "HSV" is the 3 letter Airport Code for Huntsville, AL - "Bama" of course is a nickname for Alabama and Bob, well, that's moi (ergo HSV Bama Bob

Clear as mud now right?
Anyone ever tell you you write with a sauthern drawl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Valdez, Alaska 2013 . . . . . one road in and same road out . . . . bacon was $9.99 a pound at a Safeway. That was before the price spike in the lower 48. We bought 2 pounds. Can't be choosy when it comes to bacon. A watermelon the size of a mushmellow was also $9.99.
Ummm, you didn't mention whether or not the colouring was correct??

Quote:
Wait till I get started on Yelp... the other night the Turkish food was great...
I think I'm gunna call Annie and squeal on yuh!
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 01:50 PM   #21471

Quote:
Morning Steve. Morning Mary Ann!! I showed some old work friends the picture of Mary Ann and Annie with their fish the other night at dinner. I had not seen some of them in quite a while. They were amazed at the size of me and you Steve - and the fish too...

LoL... what a great time we had. And Ole John T Hall was a great guy and guide too! Would do that again in a heartbeat!!
Steve - - you're right. It was a great experience. Mary Ann is still getting mileage out of "the biggest fish" designation.

We are settlin' down a little bit for a while. Our adventures with the grandkids are done for now. It was sooooooooooo much fun to see their reactions to various gorgeous areas of this fine country of ours.

In late October we are going to finish off our bucket list of running the MH thru 49 of the 50 states. We'll check off Conn. (46), New Jersey (47), Maryland (48), and Deleware (49). Being just "part timers", we will have hit them ALL since September of 2010 while covering some 40,000 plus miles in the process. THAT IS WHAT WE BOUGHT THE MOTOR HOME FOR.

Stay safe, stay well, stay happy, and say "hi" to Annie (your better half).
Old 08-30-2014, 01:51 PM   #21472

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
LOVE me some turkish food! Did they have Hookah's too?

Hit the white water rafting in TN today. Andrea and I had a real good time.

Now we're gonna drink beer and marathon Lost for the rest of the evening in this weather so nice you actually OPEN THE WINDOWS - GAST
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:12 PM   #21473

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Off to pick up a rental car. Bonita and the CR-V yet to be named go into the shop next week for hitches - brakes - bike rack - brackets - generator oil service - 45 point house and coach inspection - repeater for and 4 sensors for Toad TST. My wallet will be in intensive care following the extraction of its contents. But Bonita Bounder - Rainbow Rider is nearing launch time. Thank goodness we now have a rocket scientist among us to guide us!!
How about naming the toad Bonita's boyfriend....
Old 08-30-2014, 02:27 PM   #21474

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:

Nola and I had Frickadellen with their famous green beans and I had mashed potatoes and she had spaetzle, Dave had the salmon, sauerkraut, and green beans and Bob had Bierox and green beans.

Can you see a theme here... their green beans are THE BEST!
Old 08-30-2014, 03:24 PM   #21475

Quote:
Even more interesting.... We have all branches among the mutantnicity..... My DH is tetired Army, i am a veteran of teaching Jr High..... Wanna know who is tougher? Smile...... But he was in Germany for awhile.... But long before you.

Check out Rvillage.com... We are there as well.....

Just Signed up - HSVBamaBob of course
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:25 PM   #21476

Quote:

FOOD? I didn't see any food! All I saw was sumpin BLUE
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote