Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2014, 03:52 PM   #21477

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Jay did you get your coach cooled down? After reading about your problem I went out to shop and cut a piece of the fool insulation to fit my front window. weatherman said south east to be warmer than normal next couple weeks and thats where I'm headed.
Sorry this such a late comment. My ketchup is running slow this week and mutants are very verbose. 100 plus posts per day??? Y'all are killing me.

Ok, Tim where in the world did you find FOOL INSULATION? Sounds like something I need. Is it for keeping fools inside or out of your RV? I'm curious as to just how it works. Love Ya!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2014, 03:55 PM   #21478

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Hey Barb
These pups might be puzzle material...
Oh, I'm way ahead of ya, Steve! I snagged those cuties when Di first posted that pic. It was a really fun puzzle.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-30-2014, 04:10 PM   #21479

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Oh, I'm way ahead of ya, Steve! I snagged those cuties when Di first posted that pic. It was a really fun puzzle.
Yes but I cropped em - framed em and adjusted the color a bit. :-( you didn't even notice...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 04:23 PM   #21480

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Steve - - you're right. It was a great experience. Mary Ann is still getting mileage out of "the biggest fish" designation.

We are settlin' down a little bit for a while. Our adventures with the grandkids are done for now. It was sooooooooooo much fun to see their reactions to various gorgeous areas of this fine country of ours.

In late October we are going to finish off our bucket list of running the MH thru 49 of the 50 states. We'll check off Conn. (46), New Jersey (47), Maryland (48), and Deleware (49). Being just "part timers", we will have hit them ALL since September of 2010 while covering some 40,000 plus miles in the process. THAT IS WHAT WE BOUGHT THE MOTOR HOME FOR.

Stay safe, stay well, stay happy, and say "hi" to Annie (your better half).
Steve - does that mean something is coming to an end - or starting again.... we hope to make your area in May - if you're around.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:27 PM   #21481

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
GAAAAAHHHH! 2 Knees at once I agree

We were posted to Germany 2008-2012 and I had my right knee replaced at the Sindelfingen Orthopedic Hospital (supposedly the best in Germany). My Dr, who was also a Professor at the Medical University nearby was always chiding me about the "Crazy Americans" who insisted on having both knees done at once (the "German" way is do one, wait a year, do the other - and you KNOW how regimented the Germans are LOL!!)

Anyway, my Knee replacement and rehab was so very different from the USA that I can understand why the Germans think that way!!

Fortunately, I only needed the Right one done....so it's been 6 months, how are you doing?!
Hi Mel,

My right knee still aches a bit at night if I've been walking and climbing lots of stairs. But other than that I rarely think about them. I wish I could have a new spine implanted to take away back pain.

I had very little PT, just a Home Health PT coming out twice a week for 6 weeks. For me, just living my life like I wanted was what got my knees to where they are. Did I mentioned I climbed the Arkansas hills in order to do 7 zip lines just 10 weeks after surgery? That was tough, but with a trekking pole and a bit of mutant help I made it. Crossed that off the bucket list.

I'm not sure what a goniometer would measure my flexion, but I've been told that you need 115 degrees to climb stairs. Stairs are easy now. I even started climbing the RV ladder in May.

You can get there, too. The more you use them the faster they get better.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-30-2014, 04:53 PM   #21482

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Fun... You all look really nice..... Whats in the white box? Steve always photographs his meal before eating.....

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
That's because his memory is so bad he has to have proof that he actually ate, or he'll dine again.

And I've finally caught up to this thread.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-30-2014, 04:57 PM   #21483

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
That's because his memory is so bad he has to have proof that he actually ate, or he'll dine again.

So you have finally lined up with Wayne... in the poke fun at RVM2 group. Ok - but my memory is better than you think.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1409439447485.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	72439  
Old 08-30-2014, 05:01 PM   #21484

Quote:

Hi Barb!
Truth is the food was so good we forgot to pic it til we were done snarfing.
If any STMs are ever near Paola KS, give Marty a holler to hook up at Beethovens 9th!
(Hi Sina; woo-woo)
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 05:48 PM   #21485

Quote:
Hi Mel,

My right knee still aches a bit at night if I've been walking and climbing lots of stairs. But other than that I rarely think about them. I wish I could have a new spine implanted to take away back pain.

I had very little PT, just a Home Health PT coming out twice a week for 6 weeks. For me, just living my life like I wanted was what got my knees to where they are. Did I mentioned I climbed the Arkansas hills in order to do 7 zip lines just 10 weeks after surgery? That was tough, but with a trekking pole and a bit of mutant help I made it. Crossed that off the bucket list.

I'm not sure what a goniometer would measure my flexion, but I've been told that you need 115 degrees to climb stairs. Stairs are easy now. I even started climbing the RV ladder in May.

You can get there, too. The more you use them the faster they get better.
VASTLY different post-surgery rehab Germany vs USA....

When I had my knee done, I was in the German Hospital for 10 days - 3 hours post surgery I was in a Knee articulator for 30 min on 2 hours off for day 1
Day 2 I was up walking
Day 3-5 Same + Articulator 30 min on 3 hours off
Day 6-9 PT every day 4-5 hours. On Day 7 I was doing stairs
Day 10 discharged to 3 weeks of in patient Physical Therapy at a German Rehab facility. My day consisted of:
Breakfast at 0700
Chief Dr visit at 0800
0900-1100 Hourly physical therapy classes or massage or water therapy
1100-1200 Lunch
1200-1600 More PT classes and massage and water therapy
1700 Supper

Rinse & repeat for 5 days a week - weekends were off except for 1-2 hours of gym time.

If I ever have to have another joint replaced I will go back to Germany!

Oh, did I mention that the whole enchelada - surgery, joint, Hospital, 3 week Rehab and All Meds and all expenses was just slightly over $56K? ($150+K in USA and NO 3 weeks rehab!)
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 06:20 PM   #21486

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
VASTLY different post-surgery rehab Germany vs USA....

When I had my knee done, I was in the German Hospital for 10 days - 3 hours post surgery I was in a Knee articulator for 30 min on 2 hours off for day 1
Day 2 I was up walking
Day 3-5 Same + Articulator 30 min on 3 hours off
Day 6-9 PT every day 4-5 hours. On Day 7 I was doing stairs
Day 10 discharged to 3 weeks of in patient Physical Therapy at a German Rehab facility. My day consisted of:
Breakfast at 0700
Chief Dr visit at 0800
0900-1100 Hourly physical therapy classes or massage or water therapy
1100-1200 Lunch
1200-1600 More PT classes and massage and water therapy
1700 Supper

Rinse & repeat for 5 days a week - weekends were off except for 1-2 hours of gym time.

If I ever have to have another joint replaced I will go back to Germany!

Oh, did I mention that the whole enchelada - surgery, joint, Hospital, 3 week Rehab and All Meds and all expenses was just slightly over $56K? ($150+K in USA and NO 3 weeks rehab!)
Except for the expenses, that sounds an awful lot like my sister's double knee replacement schedule she had ... I don't think they did water therapy though, she did a lot of water therapy prior to the surgery, and was iced and had her knees in a 'articulator type getup" for a couple of days post surgery.... I believe she was out and rehabbing at her camper within 3 weeks time. ( Outpatient PT)
Old 08-30-2014, 06:57 PM   #21487

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Steve - does that mean something is coming to an end - or starting again.... we hope to make your area in May - if you're around.
Usually we come home from Florida/sometimes Arizona in early April. We hang close to home in May (usually entertain DW's card group for a long weekend). June is when we get antsy and start conjuring up dreams of seeing more of North America.

Parts of Canada in the Northeast will probably be on the list in '15. Might spend 4 -6 weeks checking out the maritime provinces.

Our wanderings are pretty seasonal. Thanksgiving and Christmas can't be tampered with. We will continue to travel 8,000 - 12,000 miles a year until my health causes us to ponder other life styles.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:02 PM   #21488

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Usually we come home from Florida/sometimes Arizona in early April. We hang close to home in May (usually entertain DW's card group for a long weekend). June is when we get antsy and start conjuring up dreams of seeing more of North America.

Parts of Canada in the Northeast will probably be on the list in '15. Might spend 4 -6 weeks checking out the maritime provinces.

Our wanderings are pretty seasonal. Thanksgiving and Christmas can't be tampered with. We will continue to travel 8,000 - 12,000 miles a year until my health causes us to ponder other life styles.
We have pondered the maritimes for 2016. Guess we will let you clear the path for us...
Old 08-30-2014, 07:18 PM   #21489

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
For all who journey and seek the rainbow...

Unless it has Tested You

A journey, I reflected, is of no merit unless it has tested you -

Tahir Shah, In Search of King Solomon's Mines
Old 08-30-2014, 07:38 PM   #21490

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Sorry this such a late comment. My ketchup is running slow this week and mutants are very verbose. 100 plus posts per day??? Y'all are killing me.

Ok, Tim where in the world did you find FOOL INSULATION? Sounds like something I need. Is it for keeping fools inside or out of your RV? I'm curious as to just how it works. Love Ya!
Guilty, either it's a Arkansas thing or I live too close to Diane and it's rubbing off!
Lol
But since I installed it there has been No Fools entering MH!