Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2014, 08:41 PM   #21687

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Having a great few days visiting Son, DIL and grand here in AL. Next time we come back thru there should be a new grand son to spoil.

Steve are you sure Dave was talking about a cow? I've heard a lot of bulls coughing! Lol

Think AR and TX is hot, come try AL!
Did ya see - Elizabeth and Mary got their mugs..
Photo Op!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2014, 08:45 PM   #21688

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Did ya see - Elizabeth and Mary got their mugs..
Photo Op!
Got it chief! You know I've been busy, otherwise I'd have offered to have collected payment for you! Lol
Old 09-03-2014, 08:45 PM   #21689

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
And what happened to the lightening tossing Zeus..

Moonrover - ya still out there..

Long Strange tripper trooper - Old Me... where the heck are you?

This keeping up with you mutants is like herding cats. Barba and Di were calling for weekly roll calls - to let us know we're alive... I know the Ham operators running Nets - have their call ins... so sound off mutants.

You too Warren. DUCK - ETC etc
Old 09-03-2014, 08:50 PM   #21690

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Mutants must like to sleep in!
Some mutants are in the Pacific time zone and 5:39 am when you posted is still the middle of the night.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:55 PM   #21691

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
But where ya been the rest of the day? ;-) .

Reading the posts.... Pups first training class, nap, out for supper (chinese), i am on and off all day........ Occasionally I can be quiet....

Looking at the november dates... Anyone else interested? We might go a few other places, then to Rockport... If anyone else is thinking about it, let us know, as we probably wont stay all that time.... COORDINATION. Would hate to miss by a day or so....

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:03 PM   #21692

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Reading the posts.... Pups first training class, nap, out for supper (chinese), i am on and off all day........ Occasionally I can be quiet....

Looking at the november dates... Anyone else interested? We might go a few other places, then to Rockport... If anyone else is thinking about it, let us know, as we probably wont stay all that time.... COORDINATION. Would hate to miss by a day or so....

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
I know Don and Sandee are looking in on it... we are essentially in Rockport from the 14-30 th of November, following a week an hour from Austin. Those are fair targets and amounts of time for some of you mutants. I called and gave that schedule to Bob TEFFY the other day - have text it to the MIA jne... ??? ???

Anyway - Would love to c ya Di... and while there you could get some ideas for paintings - you did watch that YouTube I put out on the yahoo group right? Looks like an artsy place!

Dave and Deb - keep yer out on this one - not sure how it plays into your western migration but it might work...
Old 09-03-2014, 09:18 PM   #21693

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Our homestead got 5 new shoes toady, courtesy of Michelin tire company making some sorta oops that got a whole bunch recalled. Not a bad deal. I traded my RV's original Michelin's with 28,000 miles on them for brand spanking new ones and all it cost me was the twenty I slipped to the really nice young guys at the tire store who swapped them out and checked the air in my toad's tires and the air bags keeping the RV's rear end up.

Now I'm hoping Michelin hasn't learned from their first mistake and will give me new ones in another 3 years. Too bad I killed a tire and had already replaced one. And dang Forest River for putting a cheapy off name spare tire on us. Oh well, sure beats buying new ones. I should be good until almost 2020 -- if I watch those right hand turns with curbs better.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-03-2014, 09:36 PM   #21694

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Our homestead got 5 new shoes toady, courtesy of Michelin tire company making some sorta oops that got a whole bunch recalled. Not a bad deal. I traded my RV's original Michelin's with 28,000 miles on them for brand spanking new ones and all it cost me was the twenty I slipped to the really nice young guys at the tire store who swapped them out and checked the air in my toad's tires and the air bags keeping the RV's rear end up.

Now I'm hoping Michelin hasn't learned from their first mistake and will give me new ones in another 3 years. Too bad I killed a tire and had already replaced one. And dang Forest River for putting a cheapy off name spare tire on us. Oh well, sure beats buying new ones. I should be good until almost 2020 -- if I watch those right hand turns with curbs better.
Have ya thought of adding curb feelers... on the new shoes for baby... my pic seems to be misbehaving.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1409801761595.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	72868  
Old 09-03-2014, 11:02 PM   #21695

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sadly, I was rounding a corner and that nasty curb just jumped in front of my outside passenger rear tire and popped it -- loud enough for me to hear it over the radio and traffic noise. Curb feelers would not have saved it. It happened within the first 25 miles of driving after being parked for 3 months. There's something about switching from driving Smarty to sailing the house that messes with my depth perception.

Do they still make curb feelers? I thought they went out of production the same year that white side wall tires took their last breath.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-04-2014, 05:29 AM   #21696

Newmar Owners Club
Hi all! Just working hard! DW and I just celebrate d 37 years of happiness
Old 09-04-2014, 05:33 AM   #21697

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Sadly, I was rounding a corner and that nasty curb just jumped in front of my outside passenger rear tire and popped it -- loud enough for me to hear it over the radio and traffic noise. Curb feelers would not have saved it. It happened within the first 25 miles of driving after being parked for 3 months. There's something about switching from driving Smarty to sailing the house that messes with my depth perception.

Do they still make curb feelers? I thought they went out of production the same year that white side wall tires took their last breath.
Barb, you'll find them (curb feelers) in the Foam Dice hanging from the mirror department right next to the fender skirts!

Pick you up a new poodle skirt while your there. Watch out for the Fonzie on the motorcycle.

Woo woo!
Old 09-04-2014, 06:38 AM   #21698

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRasco View Post
Congratulations to you !!!! Marcia and I celebrate our 37th next week on the 10th.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:46 AM   #21699

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRasco View Post
But how long have you been together. (Ok, only kidding) congratulations !
Old 09-04-2014, 06:58 AM   #21700

R U an RV Mutant too?

Yes, I'm still alive. Thanks for asking !!

Just wrapping up an intense several month long foray of bus interior restoration. The diesel mechanics were not kind to my bedroom. The damage is now all removed, and new stuff built.

While we were in the rebuilding mood, many other things got tweaked and altered too. The PITA skylights are now history and covered over. Even with careful pre-planning, that job was far more labor intensive than this old rooster and his little red hen should have undertaken. In retrospect, I should have just told my "people" to take care of it.

Presently we are restocking the bus with food, clothing, and toys for the journey. The cat will go in last. He has been watching his bus from a high upstairs window vantage point. If a neighborhood cat shows up to pee on the tires, he makes a big issue about it ... screaming and yeowling.

So there it is, my story from Yuppieville and I'm sticking to it. Our departure will be very early on a Sunday morning not long from now. We always leave on a Sunday morning because nobody around here is awake and I have the town streets to myself. Nobody will know we are gone until the drive entry piles up with snow.

Our destination, as usual, is secret so the bounty hunters won't be able to track us down. The route we have plotted is convoluted and salted with many stops at interesting places. I will try to note a few of the locations on the RVillage mappy thing. Until then keep looking in your rear view mirrors. We may creep up unannounced while you are on the rainbow ribbon.

RVM34
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote