Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2014, 02:16 PM   #21715

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Ummm... don't just look in the cabinets, when you open them... push up on the ceiling to make sure it doesn't give...sometimes water damage doesn't esp show right away but the ceiling gets a little squishy feeling....esp in the cabinets.
Ditto for the floors and walls - just a little push to see if there is a suspicious "give"

If the unit has a basement, crawl in and look up - check the floors out from this viewpoint as well
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2014, 02:32 PM   #21716

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Annie and I are battling eye allergies - along with half of North Texas I think... but here she is picking up Black Betty... and look at those baskets... it was love at first site - and the bike is nice too...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1409862699310.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	72921   Click image for larger version

Name:	1409862719885.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	72922  

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 02:59 PM   #21717

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Wayne your temporary air blockage was probably caused by dirt buildup in the dryer. Do you have pit cock valves on the air tanks? You should drain those if you do at least once a year. Luckily we haven't had air issues yet Steve. Wayne is my brother from another mother but I don't copy him on everything!
Herb - you guys have watery eyes etc.. I don't watch the weather enough to know if there is pollen or what in the air... but they do mow around here all the time... and that's a dust up and a half. Plus with us digging under beds and backs of closests I guess we're stirring it up ourself... Claritin isn't helping... Geesh...
Old 09-04-2014, 03:17 PM   #21718

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Annie and I are battling eye allergies - along with half of North Texas I think... but here she is picking up Black Betty... and look at those baskets... it was love at first site - and the bike is nice too...

Annie looks as excited as if it was her first bike. That is way cool.....

Try washing/flushing your eyes with saline solution.... As a long time contact lens wearer, i know it helps.... Dust or pollen, yes... You can buy individual one time use..... And yes even if watery, there is an irritant causing the watering, I try to keep some, just in case... Also keep eye wash....

As soon as you hear from anyone else, let us know.... Will most likely be able to make Rockport....

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 03:30 PM   #21719

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Annie looks as excited as if it was her first bike. That is way cool.....

Try washing/flushing your eyes with saline solution.... As a long time contact lens wearer, i know it helps.... Dust or pollen, yes... You can buy individual one time use..... And yes even if watery, there is an irritant causing the watering, I try to keep some, just in case... Also keep eye wash....

As soon as you hear from anyone else, let us know.... Will most likely be able to make Rockport....

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Thanks Di - she is exhited. We got it "home" and off she went.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:35 PM   #21720

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Forgot to mention... the eye doc gave me some drops and I have some. He said the same thing and also - that if something - like a medication is causing your eyes to be dry they will "water" more to compensate for the dryness. Amazing...

So I have not heard from others yet on Rockport other than the high probability of Sandee and Don. We shall see. We shall see. Speaking of wee.... if anyone sees her - tell it's time to come home.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1409866531220.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	72928  
Old 09-04-2014, 04:10 PM   #21721

Vintage RV Owners Club
That's just so sweet!
Oh, and Steve... helps if you rememeber to take the allergy stuff about a half hour before getting into the allergans. Take a dried(desiccated) liver tablet 3 times a day too... don't know why, but it helps!
Old 09-04-2014, 04:21 PM   #21722

Quote:
Forgot to mention... the eye doc gave me some drops and I have some. He said the same thing and also - that if something - like a medication is causing your eyes to be dry they will "water" more to compensate for the dryness. Amazing...

So I have not heard from others yet on Rockport other than the high probability of Sandee and Don. We shall see. We shall see. Speaking of wee.... if anyone sees her - tell it's time to come home.

Lol.... With those cycle shoes, she might have had an uhoh.... I learned my lesson on that a long time ago.... Too many skinned toes..... Did she have money? She might be shopping since she has great baskets to carry stuff...

Be sure and get her a cable lock.... Ours has a keyless combo that fits in the basket. OR we can yse it to lock the kayaks down too...... Even riding to the library.... Someone might else might like it.... Also inscribe her initials on the underside of a bumper in case of need to identify.... Rv parks might be safe, but i dont trust people much anymore.... Sadly.

Old 09-04-2014, 04:47 PM   #21723

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Di...
We have this one --- but ordering a "D" lock with cable too.. sad but true - bikes are easy targets...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1409870710243.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	72934  
Old 09-04-2014, 05:55 PM   #21724

Quote:
Di...
We have this one --- but ordering a "D" lock with cable too.. sad but true - bikes are easy targets...

So did she come home?

Old 09-04-2014, 06:03 PM   #21725

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Nola's hunk is dead. Mine can still moo a bit.
Attachment 72744
My thanks to Colleen and Don for showing us all the way to the best meat market EVER!

This is what I look for at the end of my rainbow....
thrushl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:33 PM   #21726

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Congrats to the anniversary couple! And, to copy Steve, happy BDs or Anniversaries to everyone who celebrates one this month.

Ok, Steve & Dave, once we buy this rig, I'll be looking for a RVM "mini rally" to drive to so we can meet you guys and your DWs!

Mel

Hey, Mel! X2 on the happy anniversaries and such. Like you, I cannot keep up! Rainbow riding has priority right now ✌️👏👍

Yeah, get that RV and let's get together and mini-C so much that folks get envious!

You better not EVER drive a class A. Nonono!
When I drove my 1st A after a decade with a C, I had synapses firing like fireworks. All of the positives about the handling, visibility and maneuverability of an A were TRUE! I damage stuff much less now with my 42 A than I did with my 23 C.
When you test drive a C, do a same length A. Well, maybe you better not. 😉
The idea of the RV driving course is wise in any case, as is reading the CDL training manual.

We are now in Woodland Park, CO at Diamond Campground. $17/nite for 5 nites with PA rates, and a really fine place. Pics later.
May extend a bit here and then go straight to Moab UT. Red wants to get dirty!

Later, STMs!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:35 PM   #21727

Texas Boomers Club
Steve, don't pay the ransom. After I read five hundred posts I'll be back on track. Luv y'all.
jnebowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:43 PM   #21728
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRasco View Post
Hi all! Just working hard! DW and I just celebrate d 37 years of happiness
Congratulations to you both. One of you had to put up with the other one all these years, just like I have had to put up with Earlene for 53 years.

Happy anniversary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
[...]
At any rate, DW has agreed that we need to go ahead and get our coach sooner than later. I have warmed to the idea of an A, because it seems you can get a lot more bang for your buck. Not to mention, there are some amazing deals out there on pre-owned Class As; but DW says there is no way she is driving an A. I'll be the primary driver, but there may be times when she has to drive and I want her to be comfortable doing it. So, we'll stick with looking for a 29'--32' Class C mini mh. [...]
Mel
Mel, there are a lot of small Class-A's out there. Example: 2014 ACE Class A Motorhome Floor Plans (Best Class A & C RV). Just do a search on the words, 'small Class a motorhomes'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnebowman View Post
Steve, don't pay the ransom. After I read five hundred posts I'll be back on track. Luv y'all.
She lives, she lives, whoopee.

Miss you both - come join us. Presently in Apple Vally, MN.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote