Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2014, 09:39 PM   #21743

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Can I ask you Mutant family to do me a favor? A long time close friend of mine has been diagnosed with a rare form of cancer that affects less than 1000 people in the world a year. He has two spots in his shoulder bone that are very small and another on his liver. There isn't even a drug protocol for this form of cancer so his docs are going to try a drug concoction based on other trial protocols. His name is Gary Norris and he is 67. We were with him and Pat in Ruidoso.

Please put him on your prayer lists and I will thank you greatly. We are all pretty upset about this. He is one of those guys who would give you his shirt to help you. Thanks to you all.

Herb
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2014, 09:40 PM   #21744

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Herb, Freightliner pulls the lanyards every year when i have the annual maintenance.

Now for today's trip: Had the air thingy again. dropped to 100 psi and each time I used the brakes it dropped a little more. Stopped for fuel and food, restarted and it built up to 125 pounds. Stayed that way for the remainder of the trip. I'm going to go and talk to the people at the local Freightliner tomorrow.
I think part of it is just being more aware. If you get in places using brakes frequently, it will drop to 100 or below. But, good idea to have FL check it out for you.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:44 PM   #21745

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
We are in Scottsdale the week of Thanksgiving. Feast with Cousins. Sorry
No worries. I will however be making my Cajun smoked turkey - Ala GC method.... I know your plan is possibly on the reverse trip... as I recall Dave.

Those wanting a good recipe for the above... this is the I have used several times. And the two at GC were done this way as well...

http://www.meatwave.com/blog/cajun-s...e#.VAe6KotP37Y

I will be making this in Blanco Nov 8 or 9th... as we are meeting some good friends there and doing an early Thanksgiving. Not sure what will happen in Rockport... Thanksgiving smoked red fish- shrimp - smoked oyster dressing - oysters Rockefeller... I just don't know!
??? ???
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:49 PM   #21746

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Can I ask you Mutant family to do me a favor? A long time close friend of mine has been diagnosed with a rare form of cancer that affects less than 1000 people in the world a year. He has two spots in his shoulder bone that are very small and another on his liver. There isn't even a drug protocol for this form of cancer so his docs are going to try a drug concoction based on other trial protocols. His name is Gary Norris and he is 67. We were with him and Pat in Ruidoso.

Please put him on your prayer lists and I will thank you greatly. We are all pretty upset about this. He is one of those guys who would give you his shirt to help you. Thanks to you all.

Herb
You got it Herb... Throughout the RVMDOM - the call has gone out.

And healing Ommms from here. Thanks for bringing Gary to our attention Herb.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:56 PM   #21747

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
I think part of it is just being more aware. If you get in places using brakes frequently, it will drop to 100 or below. But, good idea to have FL check it out for you.
I was thinking the same thing Dave but Wayne is a more experienced driver than I am. I have intentionally - in the lot - pumped mine way down (no comment Don) and let them come back up a few times now. First time I wondered if they were going to come back up. But - Wayne said there was as leak and gook or something. That's why Herb thought water in tank. Freightliner will introduce something into the line to help keep the water build up down as I recall.

Anyway - I suspect we will know tomorrow.

Good luck Wayne. I'm betting all is well... or minor at worst.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:06 AM   #21748

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
OK Mutants - be on the lookout... Saturday as we were dropping Bonita and the CRV off for tow bar and so forth - we ran into some folks - but didn't have time to connect. I wanted to stop and ask why he was looking under the MH but we had to complete the whole shuttle process. But I did get the picture - and just saw looked into it...

There is no way - these two are not mutants at heart. But we need to be on the look out for em... I know we don't recruit on other threads - but these two are out there in the RVMDOM and need to be adopted. At least that's my initial take... let's see if we can find em and invite em onto the rainbow... we can do it... I know we can... lol ! oh to be young again....

Not more Than 5 minutes in the the videos combined...

Hourly America - RV's Are Cooler than Houses:
http://youtu.be/iCwsudeqvTE

And
Hourly America Job Teaser:*http://youtu.be/_HwtKWC-1x0

And Fox News... ND
Ho…:*http://youtu.be/yy6iyrhbDwM
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1409897048459.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	73008   Click image for larger version

Name:	1409897124011.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	73009  

Old 09-05-2014, 12:17 AM   #21749

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
OK Mutants - be on the lookout... Saturday as we were dropping Bonita and the CRV off for tow bar and so forth - we ran into some folks - but didn't have time to connect. I wanted to stop and ask why he was looking under the MH but we had to complete the whole shuttle process. But I did get the picture - and just saw looked into it...

There is no way - these two are not mutants at heart. But we need to be on the look out for em... I know we don't recruit on other threads - but these two are out there in the RVMDOM and need to be adopted. At least that's my initial take... let's see if we can find em and invite em onto the rainbow... we can do it... I know we can... lol ! oh to be young again....

Hourly America - RV's Are Cooler than Houses:
Hourly America- RV's Are Cooler than Houses - YouTube

And

Hourly America Job Teaser:*Hourly America Job Teaser - YouTube
Here's a little more info on the prospective STMs.....

Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:38 AM   #21750

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post

I try do this kind of thing when I think nobody will catch me as I piece it together --- took 3 edits.. lol... but ya caught me... back to bed now.... big day tomorrow.

Thanks and btw - whadda ya think... do they look like young mutants to you... ???

Where are Jay and Andrea - they can tell us about young uns... ?

Here's another bit... they went the Go Fund Me Route - I know some folks that have used Kickstarter to raise funds for a project or product...

http://www.gofundme.com/padgett
Old 09-05-2014, 08:21 AM   #21751

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good Morning Mutants..
I have been in contact with those newlyweds - via her blog at www.alyssapadgett.com - no telling if they will join us, but I've done my part.

So here's my take - even if they don't join now - this RV experience is going to get so into their blood and under their skin - they will be hooked on RVing... just like the rest of us... they will come around and face their mutantness. In fact the RV experience in their personal life may even compete heavily and may even equal the awesomeness of their project.

I wish them all the best the rainbow has to offer! And that goes double for all of sick, twisted mutants out there...
Old 09-05-2014, 09:12 AM   #21752

Quote:
You got it Herb... Throughout the RVMDOM - the call has gone out.

And healing Ommms from here. Thanks for bringing Gary to our attention Herb.

X2 and maybe X90+ Herb
Prayers🙏
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:38 AM   #21753
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
No no I was talking to Steve not Wayne. Duhhhh I'm gettin goofy!
Getting? Really?

Quote:
xplain'n! When this is happening one can walk outside, go behind the rear wheel, and listen to the whooshing air being expelled. This causes a problem for the tank(s) to fill up. So when it dropped to 100 psi, it just sat there. The next time I put on the brakes it just sat there below 100 because the pressure relief valve was stuck open. Shutting the engine off the air escape stops. Starting it back up and the pressure goes back up to 125 psi and holds.

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing Dave but Wayne is a more experienced driver than I am. I have intentionally - in the lot - pumped mine way down (no comment Don) and let them come back up a few times now. First time I wondered if they were going to come back up. But - Wayne said there was as leak and gook or something. That's why Herb thought water in tank. Freightliner will introduce something into the line to help keep the water build up down as I recall.

Anyway - I suspect we will know tomorrow.

Good luck Wayne. I'm betting all is well... or minor at worst.
For other's, with a fully charged air system, turn off the engine and release the service brake. Time the air pressure drop and it should be less than 2 psi per minute. Then apply 90 psi or more with the brake pedal. After the inital drop of applying the brake pedal the air pressure should not fall more than 3 psi per minute.

Test the low air warning by turning the ignition on (engine off) and pumping down the air with the until the warning comes on. It should come on when it falls below 60, sometimes 65, psi.

When the engine is running at operating RPM, the air pressure should rise from 85 psi to 100 psi in 45 seconds. (dual air system - most of us have two tanks. Check the mfg specs.)

Pumping of the air compressor should start around 100 psi and end at about 125 psi. (Mfg sets cut-in/cut-out)

End of school for today. The above is especially important for those with air brakes and have never read the manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post

[...]
Quote:
Good Morning Mutants..
I have been in contact with those newlyweds - via her blog at www.alyssapadgett.com - no telling if they will join us, but I've done my part.

So here's my take - even if they don't join now - this RV experience is going to get so into their blood and under their skin - they will be hooked on RVing... just like the rest of us... they will come around and face their mutantness. In fact the RV experience in their personal life may even compete heavily and may even equal the awesomeness of their project.

I wish them all the best the rainbow has to offer! And that goes double for all of sick, twisted mutants out there...
Woo hoo!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:22 AM   #21754

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:

Herb
Mr. Norris on the Ooohhmmms list and prayer list. I hope he gets well... he's pretty young yet, hope it works to his advantage.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:39 AM   #21755

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
End of school for today. The above is especially important for those with air brakes and have never read the manual.
I'm a guy, what the heck is a manual?
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:15 PM   #21756

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
I'm a guy, what the heck is a manual?
Just another PSA from Wayne.
I do like the video of the explanation / demo Don posted of it last year better. And the fact the School that posted it is in Allen Tx about 7 miles from me - so much the betrer... lol.