Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #2241
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post

My email is well known in other countries, it seems. They love me. Offering to fill my bank account and all I have to do is send them the account number. Maybe they know that I just fell off the back of the turnip truck.
You too, Moonrover? Hay, if we are lucky, we will be filthy rich and singing songs in different places at the same time together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Like putting shoes on an octopus, so are the days of our lives...
Wonderful!!![/QUOTE]

Actually in my old freshmen lit book. A poem...
Two octopus went out walking. Arm in arm, and arm and arm, and arm in arm, and arm and arm and arm and arm, and arm and arm, and arm and arm, and arm and arm.

I believe they were shoeless.[/QUOTE]

Was that the white sox sox sox sox sox sox sox sox sox scandle I heard about?

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #2242

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Holy hallucinations Batman we are busting at the seams with new members! Welcome RVM 41-42-43...hope I didn't leave anyone out! In my mutated state I ran out of digits to keep up with all our members.... Thanks to Steve...Grand Illustrious Potentate RVM2 for tracking us all! New members you have found nirvana.... Dave Most High grand Master Poohbah RVM1 and RVM2 must as proud as a ?????? Well anyway I'm sure they are proud of our growth. When do we reach "rally worthy" status? Somewhere in the middle of the country far enough out for all to be able to attend including those in search of the first RV's so we can meet and greet even if for only a weekend so those who are not yet F/T might be able to attend. Whew as I re-read that I got winded... sorry for the rambling!

Old 08-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #2243

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^ easy for you to say. :
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:29 PM   #2244

Curiouser and curiouser!

It was nearly a micro Curiosity of Mutants this evening when 2 of us and our spouses met for a shared supper at their CG. It was only "nearly" since we weren't in our Rigatoni. Situation soon to be remedied!

Don & Sandee at supper...I had to get him to stop talking long enough to get a smiley pose:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-66049971.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	556.4 KB
ID:	43511 (Sandee says talking is his usual pose. I wouldn't know.)

Sandee took this one of us other 3 getting acquainted:

Name:	image-1674513257.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	385.2 KB
ID:	43512

Fire watching after supper:

Name:	image-647279695.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	495.4 KB
ID:	43513
A chilly evening in August in central IL! No bugs, though.

A grand ole time was had by all, even the 2 GSDs, Gunny & Thor. I even, belatedly, remembered to bring out my "disco ball" and twirl it under the light...of the car's trunk! Very impressive, that was.

Stay tuned. If Papa Thor does us proud, we will be back next weekend w/ the Bella Rigatoni parked in the site next to Don & Sandee. Now that will be a true Curiosity.

Ponder on, fellow Mutants!
Old 08-03-2013, 10:56 PM   #2245

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
Who does not have rope lights? I can't imagine finding my way to the pee tree without rope lights.
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:18 AM   #2246

I see rope lights have many uses I hadn't considered. Having not entered the land "state", I never even considered the pee tree problem. On a boat access is pretty self evident. I see a pathway of chasing lights?? Possible a lighted arch, annnndd, oh the possibilities are endless. I'm even more excited about our plans now!!!
Old 08-04-2013, 08:08 AM   #2247

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sue and Don - entered into the RVM archives 8/3/13 - the first curiosity of mutants - with 2 asterisks

* Micro Curiosity (3 RVMs)
** 1 or more RVMs sans coach

But a most excellent curiosity nonetheless!

Somewhere on my iPhone I may still have a short video of Sandees first behind the wheel! It was a grand day, and you'll never guess who was doing all the talking! Sandee put that DSDP on the freeway like a pro.

Hat tip to Don, Sue and the better halves!
RVM2
Old 08-04-2013, 08:30 AM   #2248

Upstate New York Mutant

Good Morning Mutants!!!!!

Been following this thread this thread regularly -- Quite a Curiosity!!!!!!

My Destination is truly the Journey - I love being on the road and seeing whatever comes into view. No plans are made when the trip begins other than when the vacation time ends and the pay the bills time resumes. When people ask where we are going I tell them I don't know - When I get on the road I figure it out........

What I don't have and currently don't need: Huge list here, always subject to change - I live within my means and don't care if the rig has a few blemishes or missing what others may have -- When the time comes and the urge strikes, changes can be made

Still stuck to the S&B -- Travels still revolve around High School schedule for DD as well as for Work (Sorry 'bout that four-letter word Folks...) - My true destination is being a Full-Timer in 10-15 years

I've gotta think a minute....
Yes, there is a single string of multicolored rope light in the Coach -- Long enough to hang on the awning when the urge strikes
Mascot ........ DM (mutt) Molly - Gets all excited when I go anywhere near the Coach - You should see her when i start it up
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.......BACON!!!!!!!!!!! - Need I say more

If y'all wish to include me as part of the Curiosity, I think I would do you right
Three in one day yesterday would have been four if I had gotten home from work (Sorry Again...) earlier
Old 08-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #2249
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfi4 View Post
Good Morning Mutants!!!!!

Been following this thread this thread regularly -- Quite a Curiosity!!!!!!

My Destination is truly the Journey - I love being on the road and seeing whatever comes into view. No plans are made when the trip begins other than when the vacation time ends and the pay the bills time resumes. When people ask where we are going I tell them I don't know - When I get on the road I figure it out........

What I don't have and currently don't need: Huge list here, always subject to change - I live within my means and don't care if the rig has a few blemishes or missing what others may have -- When the time comes and the urge strikes, changes can be made

Still stuck to the S&B -- Travels still revolve around High School schedule for DD as well as for Work (Sorry 'bout that four-letter word Folks...) - My true destination is being a Full-Timer in 10-15 years

I've gotta think a minute....
Yes, there is a single string of multicolored rope light in the Coach -- Long enough to hang on the awning when the urge strikes
Mascot ........ DM (mutt) Molly - Gets all excited when I go anywhere near the Coach - You should see her when i start it up
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.......BACON!!!!!!!!!!! - Need I say more

If y'all wish to include me as part of the Curiosity, I think I would do you right
Three in one day yesterday would have been four if I had gotten home from work (Sorry Again...) earlier
sfi4, RVM44, need I say more?

Welcome to RVMdom! You are now free to Mutate about the country.

Well, I think 4 RVMs in 2 days is quite nifty, if not a new record. But the day aint over yet!

Rope lights. That's just something you happen to have that you dont really need, right? ;-)

Again, WELCOME!!!

Dave

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #2250

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sfi4 - you have demonstrated and declared yourself to the RVMdom as more than worthy of RVM status with all the rights and privileges therein. We welcome you to the curiosity as RVM44. Should be easy to remember as you carry one 4 in your user ID!

I read your New Sneakers Thread and your post about flying out to pick up your machine. Only a true RV would check a 50 pound suitcase of tools with an airline on such a journey. When we flew 650 miles to pick up our Bounder we took dishes, bedding and many other house items. We called a mobil RV tech to give her the once over, change filters, oil, lube and service the generator. It was money well spent as he brought a van load of tools!!

Welcome and we look forward to hearing of your adventures and journeys. Good luck with your coach and take care of that teenager. We need a new generation of RVMs to come along and join us.

Others will (or have already been) along to welcome you soon. I'm slow typing over my coffee this morning LOL.

RVM2 -- Steve and Annie.

RVM Roster
RVM1 Campdaven PA
RVM2 flaggship1 TX
RVM3 jdoc TX
RVM4 4kids LA
RVM5 Papawto5 IN
RVM6 Big Oil Guy AZ
RVM7 Happy Prospector ??
RVM8 Shadowcache OH
RVM9 SylviaCub ID
RVM10 Dick Noble CO
RVM11 Woodburner OH
RVM12 dogpatch BC - Can
RVM13 Davedeb1 OH
RVM14 Wayne M TX
RVM15 Selah IN
RVM16 msbarth TN
RVM17 KSCRUDE KS
RVM18 okmunky / RVM Mascot Sena OK
RVM19 Toyduck NV
RVM20 Oldme GA
RVM21 Alan24601 CA
RVM22 Sky_Boss IL
RVM23 Dunner AZ
RVM24 bdickson NC (Retired Moderator)
RVM25 nwcountry OR
RVM26 mekanic OH
RVM27 TEFFY TX
RVM28 TLGPE FL
RVM29 timarti ON
RVM30 JudyH CO
RVM31 HerbnBarb TX
RVM32 huntnski AR
RVM33 YC1 CA
RVM34 Moonrover OH
RVM35 mtnmankev AZ
RVM36 Suspinz IL
RVM37 Flacamper FL
RVM38 Nhytefall IL
RVM39 PTJeep MI
RVM40 Possum BC - Can
RVM41 adamfolger CA
RVM42 wthur OH
RVM43 Mike_Harriet FL
RVM44 sfi4 NY
Old 08-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #2251

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
HMMM....if it takes 3 mutants to make a micro curiosity, would 2 be a paradox?

wikipedia...

A paradox is an argument that produces an inconsistency, typically within logic or common sense. Most logical paradoxes are known to be invalid arguments but are still valuable in promoting critical thinking.

YEP...hard to catch me in a non-typical state of yak-yak-yak. Been known to happen when good food is in the way.

Sue and Martin were wonderful guests and brought some great eats too. Home made ice cream and an awesome fruit salsa went very well together. I repurposed the salsa from being used with some home made chips Sue made with cinnamon & sugar to use on the ice cream. YUM YUM.

Sue and Martin are clearly eons ahead of us in the RVM experiences but I listen when I ain't yakkin' away. Makes for a slow process but learning does happen.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #2252

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^ Don - in typical fashion, you have broadened the knowledge base. A pair of RVMs would be a pair A pair of docks is where the trawler heads when they head for land. A paradox is another story. Btw - how many are in a convoy?

You and Sue have bagged the first curiosity - a high water mark indeed. If you would like - we can amend the lexicon for a curiosity of two?? Just felt the need to have "brackets". And given our recent growth spurt - we will need a bracket for 100 - 1xx soon! 50 would most likely be a Golden Curiosity.
RVM2
Old 08-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #2253
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ya'll need to get your conversations down to a level that this mutant can understand. Ya'll don't need to be talking in paradox lingo.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:15 AM   #2254

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M
Ya'll need to get your conversations down to a level that this mutant can understand. Ya'll don't need to be talking in paradox lingo.
So you neither have, need or miss paradox lingo. A first If I'm not mistaken. :