Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2014, 07:03 PM   #22625

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Steve yes I have deer in the freezer for more chilli lol
Steve, you can drop by my house and pick up deer, beef, peas just to name a few things. Yesterday our son called to let us know our freezer had gone out. It was stocked full! I'll bet a good portion of it is bagged and ready to be picked up......sadly by the garbage man.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2014, 07:09 PM   #22626

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Steve, you can drop by my house and pick up deer, beef, peas just to name a few things. Yesterday our son called to let us know our freezer had gone out. It was stocked full! I'll bet a good portion of it is bagged and ready to be picked up......sadly by the garbage man.
Now that's just not right...
Sorry to hear that Tim. If you're home and catch it in time - it's time to throw a party. It not - throw to the curb. :-(

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 07:11 PM   #22627

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Yes... but.... you are trading up by improving and adding sweat equity. Too bad we have not filmed this... it would make a great documentary.
Les reminds me of the Show -Wheeler Dealers. They had one where they started out with $3000 car and kept trading to work up to a $40000 supercar. I think eventually he will get a Prevost!
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 07:30 PM   #22628

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Les reminds me of the Show -Wheeler Dealers. They had one where they started out with $3000 car and kept trading to work up to a $40000 supercar. I think eventually he will get a Prevost!
I'm with ya on that - now if we can get someone to take odds.. lol. Tried to call you guys this morning - went straight to voicmail. Since I just wanted to talk about February plans - I figured we had time and didn't leave a message... ha!
Old 09-21-2014, 08:06 PM   #22629

Vintage RV Owners Club
Can your son take it to a homeless shelter for a BBQ? Gee... hate to waste good meat!
MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:33 PM   #22630

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Can your son take it to a homeless shelter for a BBQ? Gee... hate to waste good meat!
By the time he found it, it was too late! He was just dropping off some mail and walking through house. No tell how long it had been out.

Did have some ground venison and tenderloin with us, had deer tacos tonight. When I get back home deer season will be in progress, I'll just have to get busy!

I'll also have to get a new freezer!
Old 09-21-2014, 08:36 PM   #22631

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Mr Money bags - new freezer filled with high $$$ / lb meat... maybe new atv too... and rifle and bow. Will look good in new jeep we got ya.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:55 PM   #22632

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Mel - your wish is my command... fellow mutants - meet Mel and Kate - two of our favorite mutants...

We are so glad to have you two aboard. Elizabeth and MaryClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1411350932.578854.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	853.6 KB
ID:	74562
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:03 PM   #22633

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Mr Money bags - new freezer filled with high $$$ / lb meat... maybe new atv too... and rifle and bow. Will look good in new jeep we got ya.
Was seriously thinking of showing up un announced at the Turkey Cooking, now I've got to fill a new freezer so no way it can happen.

You ladies get home safe? Cooking any cupcakes? Lol

You'll never live it down, and I'll never forget! Lol
Old 09-21-2014, 09:08 PM   #22634

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We were the mutants with the water leak. Our city water connection was leaking, and Tim and Ed (Huntnski and Rezman) offered to help with it at the rally. I bought a new fitting and a new hose. When we set up I attached the new hose, and it did the trick - no more leak!
Old 09-21-2014, 09:11 PM   #22635

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
You ladies get home safe? Cooking any cupcakes? Lol

You'll never live it down, and I'll never forget! Lol

We are home safe and sound, tired but happy. We had so much fun at the rally with our mutant buddies.

Cupcakes? Not hardly. I have exams this week and a term paper due. Maybe next week!
Old 09-21-2014, 09:27 PM   #22636
RV Mutant #29

Check in time! Running on the generator at the house for the second time in 2 days of high wind and heavy rain. The joys of country living. Generator is only a 20 amp circuit, but it is wired to run through the Hydro meter, so I just manage breakers. Fridge and lights (mostly LED) can run all the time. I juggle the water pump and furnace (which is needed, as it is close to freezing at night).Supposed to be back on by 11:30 p.m. now, but first it was 7:30. If it is more than a couple of hours I will have to venture to the garage and get more gas to refuel, which should be interesting, as the can is very heavy. Ted is away for a week, so it's up to me! I can manage the pull start - just. Debating if I should turn on the propane furnace in the trailer which is not yet winterized. Have been running an electric heater in there. So far only light frost at night.
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:28 PM   #22637
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Strangely enough, I think Prevost are a bit too glitzy for my liking. I'd be happy with a coach in the 5-10 year age in the right condition with the right floor plan and engine. Somewhere in the $80k-$100k range free and clear.
I've still got 9-10 years left at w--k so there will be lots of change till then. It's a hobby for me. I like to find and negotiate deals as well as fix things. AND I get to use them while I do it. AND basically get paid on top of it.
Having a bit of a battle with DW because she likes the Beaver. I said of course you do. We're Canadian! LOL
Old 09-21-2014, 09:46 PM   #22638

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Strangely enough, I think Prevost are a bit too glitzy for my liking. I'd be happy with a coach in the 5-10 year age in the right condition with the right floor plan and engine. Somewhere in the $80k-$100k range free and clear.
I've still got 9-10 years left at w--k so there will be lots of change till then. It's a hobby for me. I like to find and negotiate deals as well as fix things. AND I get to use them while I do it. AND basically get paid on top of it.
Having a bit of a battle with DW because she likes the Beaver. I said of course you do. We're Canadian! LOL
But are you a...
Lumberjack...

http://youtu.be/VQOMxz-O7Sc

And I agree on the glitzy bus...

« Endless Tale Game | - »