Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2014, 11:06 AM   #22891

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^^ Marty - so well said!

When I talked to Don and Colleen last night I mentioned that I might get cabin fever if I sit the whole 4 months in RGV - his immediate response was - I could sit 6 months at Catherine's Landing...

I'm not sure if that was an endorsement of the place or the curiosity / mutants in attendance... or both.

I really am looking forward to working this out and getting something on the books. It was so much fun to watch the excitement and enrollment grow last year. And then - it happened. The First Ever Grande Curiosity at CL... what a memory - what a fine group of mutants!!

Son Of GC will happen. Mark my words!

RVM2 FLAGGSHIP1
Steve and Annie

PS - did your mutant box arrive?
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2014, 11:53 AM   #22892

Vintage RV Owners Club
Steve, Box of mutant mugs arrived!
Old 09-25-2014, 12:01 PM   #22893

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Steve, Box of mutant mugs arrived!
Whoo Hooo. I really appreciate your help with this - two boxes is about all the room Bonita can spare. Lol... may need to open a storefront...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 12:10 PM   #22894

Just wanted to pop in to say hello. I miss all my fellow mutants but I'm having a good time. Dwayne is still hunting for deer that I think are only a myth here but he did take a day off to bring me to the beach. Had a prefect day and I even got him into the water, jeans and all.

Sending all my love and well wishes.

I hope Barb is feeling better and I'm glad all your test are coming out ok Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1411668471925.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	74944  
Old 09-25-2014, 12:50 PM   #22895

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequrtzl View Post
Just wanted to pop in to say hello. I miss all my fellow mutants but I'm having a good time. Dwayne is still hunting for deer that I think are only a myth here but he did take a day off to bring me to the beach. Had a prefect day and I even got him into the water, jeans and all.

I hope Barb is feeling better and I'm glad all your test are coming out ok Steve
Tell Dwayne to be aware of deer with masks, snorkels and spear guns.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 12:57 PM   #22896

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

When I talked to Don and Colleen last night I mentioned that I might get cabin fever if I sit the whole 4 months in RGV - his immediate response was - I could sit 6 months at Catherine's Landing...

I'm not sure if that was an endorsement of the place or the curiosity / mutants in attendance... or both.

I really am looking forward to working this out and getting something on the books. It was so much fun to watch the excitement and enrollment grow last year. And then - it happened. The First Ever Grande Curiosity at CL... what a memory - what a fine group of mutants!!

Son Of GC will happen. Mark my words!

RVM2 FLAGGSHIP1
Steve and Annie

PS - did your mutant box arrive?

I would definitely get cabin fever........

Btw am 2 hours from home, with 2 of the grands (5 and 3) so i will be semi quiet till saturday night..... But watch out Larry is home alone..... He might talk your ears off.....

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 01:45 PM   #22897

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
When I talked to Don and Colleen last night I mentioned that I might get cabin fever if I sit the whole 4 months in RGV...
When we set up for 4 months last winter we got itchy at about the 3 month mark and pulled out about 10 days early. However we got there just before Christmas and a lot of folks were gone before we hit the 4 month mark. It got lonely.

Having the option to stay the 4 months just after retirement helped us immensely in learning more about our rig, hearing about places to go and just relaxing after a busy year getting ready for our travels. It was also highly cost effective (with the 4 months for the price of 3 deal for first time Wilder customers) unless you can compare it to BLMs and other very low cost places.

The travel fever gets especially serious at the beginning of March when the temps start to climb. That is especially true if you can plot a slow course to northern parts.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 01:56 PM   #22898

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We love the new floors but...(Don't cha hate that)

We may have run into a technical difficulty that might require a trip back to the installer. 3 of the 4 slides might need new rollers.

The 2 bedroom slides now go up on tile instead of carpet and that appears to have caused one roller mount to fail. That guarantees a trip to somewhere to repair that. The installer and I are talking about a proper remedy and I think they will do what it takes to get it right. STUFF HAPPENS. The most likely answer will be some additional ramping for the rollers just prior to the tile plus a slightly smaller roller too.

The living room is probably OK but one side might benefit from slightly smaller rollers too.

This is distressing me a tad because of the timing more than any other reason. We are trying very hard to make it to the Drifters party in November with Steve, Annie and other STMs. I'm thinking we will still be able to make that date but won't know for sure until maybe next week when the me and the installers hammer out a plan.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:43 PM   #22899

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
We love the new floors but...(Don't cha hate that)

This is distressing me a tad because of the timing more than any other reason. We are trying very hard to make it to the Drifters party in November with Steve, Annie and other STMs. I'm thinking we will still be able to make that date but won't know for sure until maybe next week when the me and the installers hammer out a plan.
Note to Don, it's still September!
Old 09-25-2014, 02:48 PM   #22900

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:

Steve that sounds good,you and Don come on back to CL, I've got about 1000' of fence to get up this winter I bet I can find something to keep you busy!
Old 09-25-2014, 03:13 PM   #22901

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequrtzl View Post

Woooohoo can you just imagine Dwayne in a pair of shorts? I'll bet the fish would be blinded by the glare of stark white and skinny boneey legs! Careful Shara don't want you to lose your sight.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:18 PM   #22902

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Note to Don, it's still September!
I KNOW! SIGH!

With the passing of Sandee's mom we decided to stay in IL until October 24th to help her dad get through all the paperwork and clean up. She is with her dad right now finishing up the thank you cards. In the process Sandee also set up medical appointments up to the 24th too. The repair work will take us either to Elkhart, IN or Decatur, IN either of which is the WRONG WAY! LOL I'm thinking 2 days of work and by the time it is all done we are probably not leaving either of those locations until the 28th or so. We have a couple stops we want to make on the way down to Drifters too.

Over the next couple weeks I will be helping him with closing up his TT that is in a CG in the area and hope to get some quality time with him in his bicycle shop. I couldn't have asked to marry into a better family and I love him dearly.

Where has the summer gone to already!?
Old 09-25-2014, 03:25 PM   #22903

where and when is the mini cg with steve and annie

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:28 PM   #22904

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Woooohoo can you just imagine Dwayne in a pair of shorts? I'll bet the fish would be blinded by the glare of stark white and skinny boneey legs! Careful Shara don't want you to lose your sight.
not right! yet right on the money

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote