Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2014, 04:23 PM   #22905

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
where and when is the mini cg with steve and annie

Rockport, TX and you have your choice of 2 locations Drifter's resort NOv 14-21 or Lagoons Nov 21-Dec 1
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2014, 04:59 PM   #22906

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Rockport, TX and you have your choice of 2 locations Drifter's resort NOv 14-21 or Lagoons Nov 21-Dec 1
The preponderance of pondering mutants will be at Drifters in Rockport 11/14 - 11/21. And that is THE First Ever Pre-Thanksgiving Day Feast week...

We would love to have there Dwayne... and any and all other mutants... will it be 1 smoked turkey or two. Will they be store bought - our will a hunter / gatherer mutant bring the festive bird or birds (Hopefully free range store bought... and not some skinny - half starved - stringy - tough bird too slow get outta Dwayne or Tims way...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:01 PM   #22907

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
I KNOW! SIGH!

With the passing of Sandee's mom we decided to stay in IL until October 24th to help her dad get through all the paperwork and clean up. She is with her dad right now finishing up the thank you cards. In the process Sandee also set up medical appointments up to the 24th too. The repair work will take us either to Elkhart, IN or Decatur, IN either of which is the WRONG WAY! LOL I'm thinking 2 days of work and by the time it is all done we are probably not leaving either of those locations until the 28th or so. We have a couple stops we want to make on the way down to Drifters too.

Over the next couple weeks I will be helping him with closing up his TT that is in a CG in the area and hope to get some quality time with him in his bicycle shop. I couldn't have asked to marry into a better family and I love him dearly.

Where has the summer gone to already!?
Don - not sure which of you is the luckiest.... I suspect it's a draw... May the rainbow shine bright on you both and on Sandee and her entire family.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:24 PM   #22908

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post

Major Snip Snip

We love the new floors but...(Don't cha hate that)

We may have run into a technical difficulty that might require a trip back to the installer. 3 of the 4 slides might need new rollers.
Don - someone, somewhere along the way told me - if there is carpet there now - you should replace it with carpet. Replace wood or tile or vinyl with any of them - but generally not with carpet (like anyone would want more carpet). I know some replace carpet with tile or wood etc - but here we are with B&H not getting it right in what I suspect is one of the most often upgraded and remodeled MHs out there. Makes me wonder.

I wasn't comfortable with the guy I saw recently who wanted to put wood throughout... and to top it off - he wanted to run it width wise - rather than front to back... didn't seem right to me.

I'm not sure what happened cause I have not seen his bid yet.

That said... I am sad to hear this. Let's not let this come between us and our Rockport Midi-C.. LET'S SHINE positive rainbow Ommms on the scheduling division of the RVMDOM and do em both up right!!

Otherwise someone at B&H may play a prominent role in the highly anticipated - Murder at Rope Light Gulch.
Steve
Old 09-25-2014, 05:33 PM   #22909

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Hey Steve, ever heard of Possum's wood flooring installation company. He works for free you just have to provide return traveling money for gas food and booze. Not to worry though as the prices all drop the closer he gets to you but the inverse is true on the home trip.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:50 PM   #22910

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Hey Steve, ever heard of Possum's wood flooring installation company. He works for free you just have to provide return traveling money for gas food and booze. Not to worry though as the prices all drop the closer he gets to you but the inverse is true on the home trip.
Funny thing is.. I wasn't wanting wood to begin with. I really liked the Armstrong Alterna Luxury Vinyl Don just had installed.

I'm not sure what the slide issue he's having is - but Annie says - we are not doing anything to the floor now - period. My thought was if we could get it done before leaving we would. So far - jinx - we have never had a slide problem. So it seems that waiting may be a good idea. There really isn't anything wrong with the flooring - it's just we would like a little different look and quality.

And yes Possum.. I've got yer number.. LOL...
Old 09-25-2014, 07:09 PM   #22911

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Me-oh-my, I wish we could make the Rockport gathering of Mutants. No way this year. Is there a RVM rally once a year? We'll make the next one, for sure. I have to make y'all my bacon-wrapped, cheese-stuffed, grilled jalapeno boats.

Ok, do any Mutants own a coach made by National? What's the quality, fit and finish, etc? I asked that question on the Class A forum and the replies were very positive. National coaches are orphans, I understand, as the CA based company went out of business several years ago.

M
Mel - I seriously considered a National Dolphin in the 90 ' s but didn't upgrade. It was very nice as I recall...

Unfortunately that's the extent of my lacking wisdom...

Keep us informed.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:11 PM   #22912

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
OK Mutants - guess what I found - Kate and Mel - other picture....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1411693861905.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	74980  
Old 09-25-2014, 07:11 PM   #22913

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Oh no, Liz must have the picture on her phone, I don't !

Hello Elizabeth, can you post a picture of the Solo Mutant Cup please, then go study!

!

I don't have it either. :(
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:14 PM   #22914

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
I don't have it either. :(
They loved their Red Solo Cup - so much they forgot to take its picture... :-(
Old 09-25-2014, 07:35 PM   #22915

Vintage RV Owners Club
are you all talking about the red solo cup RVmug wanna be in this picture in post #22495??
I don't know how to make the picture copy or steal it to post here.

Heh heh...Look at that, I figured out how to steal it and bring it forward!

And, Iffin ya look closely... there's a magical invisible RV mug in the front row!
Old 09-25-2014, 07:40 PM   #22916

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
are you all talking about the red solo cup RVmug wanna be in this picture in post #22495??
I don't know how to make the picture copy or steal it to post here.

Heh heh...Look at that, I figured out how to steal it and bring it forward!
Hmmm so I can almost make out a wannabe logo / emblem there..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1411695613965.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	74985  
Old 09-25-2014, 07:41 PM   #22917

Vintage RV Owners Club
what's even more exciting is the magical invisible mutant mug in the front row...
Old 09-25-2014, 07:45 PM   #22918

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
what's even more exciting is the magical invisible mutant mug in the front row...
I had warned them that the RV Mutant Cloak of Invisibility wasn't ready for prime time. Seems it was working then.
Lucky break.... when that thing goes haywire there's no telling what will happen.

Rezman - the mugs will go in the mail tomorrow. It's ready to go but we just didn't get it to the mail shop...