Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #2297

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner

I remember one day in Phoenix in the late 90s where it rained for 13 weekends in a row. They made a big deal of it on the news.
Reminds me of when I bought my first boat. Beautiful M-F -- rained every weekend for the record books.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #2298

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The thing which was strange to our thinking was, we never once smelled anyone cooking breakfast. Even though it was dry in the mornings, nary a whiff of bacon....how sad.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:16 PM   #2299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I remember one day in Phoenix in the late 90s where it rained for 13 weekends in a row. They made a big deal of it on the news.
. That must of been like almost fort days and forty nights.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #2300

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
. That must of been like almost fort days and forty nights.
When I moved to the mountains of NC years ago, it was a revelation to me that it could rain for 6 days in a row. I guess the Pacific NW would be a real shock!
Old 08-06-2013, 09:48 PM   #2301

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
Tonight's appetizer is jalapeño peppers stuffed with blue cheese, ham, and little smokies. The DW wanted artichokes also but no room. I made them pretty much a meat lovers pepper. Should of took a finished product picture but didn't. This is them before a hour on the grill on low. What we can't get in there we don't need. Don and Colleen RV mutants #17. Should of made more. And I almost forgot, bacon wraped!
This mutant is gettin dizzy imagining the smell and taste of them peppers! Luv that cooking rack too .... Gotta get me one of those!

RVM31
Old 08-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #2302

Fleetwood Owners Club
Try this
Attached Images

Old 08-06-2013, 11:11 PM   #2303

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Try this
ROFL!!!
Old 08-07-2013, 05:28 AM   #2304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post

And then there was the coldest 2-3 weeks of winter weather in Casa Grande in over 20 years last winter. We were just lucky enough to be there. Had to wear a jacket to the indoor pool. Locals, parkas, no swim.

MN blood, thin.

Ya, it made national news.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:37 AM   #2305

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
RVM17 - nuthin crude about them there poppers! Looks great to me. I'm envisioning numerous popper entries in the first edition of the RVMs Guide to Journey Cooking!
So how many RVM books are in the makin, oh great RVM speller, scribe, linguist and all around grand pubah of writing nifty stuff?

I'm getting visions of a plethora of RVM ponderances and enticing aromas that will leap off the pages!

And no shortage of recipes that end with "bacon wrapped", and perhaps romantically devised in the gentle glow of rope lights.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:48 AM   #2306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post

When I moved to the mountains of NC years ago, it was a revelation to me that it could rain for 6 days in a row. I guess the Pacific NW would be a real shock!
Tis a different culture in the NW, where as I was driving in a driving rain, on the golf course next to the road a golfer was calmly eyeing up his next drive. Just another day to him.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:31 AM   #2307

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven

So how many RVM books are in the makin, oh great RVM speller, scribe, linguist and all around grand pubah of writing nifty stuff?

I'm getting visions of a plethora of RVM ponderances and enticing aromas that will leap off the pages!

And no shortage of recipes that end with "bacon wrapped", and perhaps romantically devised in the gentle glow of rope lights.
A good morning to ya RVM1 and all mutants within Wifi range (you others catch up and insert appropriate time of day or night).

There are quite a few books in the works here at RVM Central HQ and we're currently accepting suggestions for additional titles.

RVM Books Currently in Development
1) The Way of the RVM: the complete history and the story behind the story of the mutant way of life on the rainbow.

2) The RVM Phraseology and Lexicon: the RVM vocabulary, words, sayings and abbreviations. Learn the history and meaning behind classics like the ever popular "roundabout non-interstate long-cut to our destination..."

3) The Art of the RVM Ponder: a collection of RVM ponders, wisdom and wit. Learn how to process others ponders and develop your own.

4) Murder at Rope Light Gulch: the first RVM murder mystery. A fanciful tale of mystery and intrigue. Follow each and every twist and turn of the case with RVM Sleuth, Sheer Luck Mutant.

5) The Journey is the Destination: RVMs share their best journeys and insights into stress free travel under any circumstance.

6) The RVMs Guide to Journey Cooking: learn the secret journey recipes passed down from mutants everywhere. Many recipes using bacon. Special chapter on jalapeño poppers including the popular blue cheese, little smokie bacon wrapped popper.

7) RVM Mods, Reverse Engineering and Mutation Guide: the title says it all.

8) The RVM Mascot Compendium: meet Sena, Mort, Rocky, Sparky and many other RVM Mascots. Learn the history behind each mascot and their contribution to making the journey the destination.

So we're busy here and working hard to deliver the best of RVM wit and wisdom. Keep your ideas flowing here.

As one RVM recently posted - we RVMs are the best of the best.
RVM2 -- Steve and Annie --
Old 08-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #2308

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH
The thing which was strange to our thinking was, we never once smelled anyone cooking breakfast. Even though it was dry in the mornings, nary a whiff of bacon....how sad.
Now that's just wrong. No smell of bacon in the morning. There can only be one explanation - a bacon shortage. Everyone was carefully guarding their stash - waiting for the first one to fire up the baconator before starting theirs. The fear of bacon zombies overrunning your camp can be debilitating. We carry a bacon scented candle for these occasions. Fire up the candle and someone will light their Coleman and bacon is soon sizzling everywhere.
RVM2
Old 08-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #2309

What ... no "Dummies Guide to Mutating"? Or should it be properly called "Mutating for Dummies"?

Hey wait a minute. Did I just insult myself?
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:55 AM   #2310

too much?

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote